It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'White Racism' course at Florida university teaches that America is 'white supremacist society'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
All I know is...That growing up in Texas, I as a white person, I enjoyed privileges that brown and black people didn't have.

Please

enumerate these privileges

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: acackohfcc

originally posted by: olaru12
All I know is...That growing up in Texas, I as a white person, I enjoyed privileges that brown and black people didn't have.

Please

enumerate these privileges

I have yet to hear anyone list these obvious privileges that certain groups get over others. What I have heard is anecdotal evidence-better known as hog wash.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Does believing that make you feel better about yourself?

Most of us have had any delusions we might have had about any specialness we harbored popped long ago. It's the world. Anything you have, you earn, nothing more or less than that.

um no.. it has literally zero to do with me feeling special. it's just recognizing reality. if i get pulled over by a cop i'm going to have a lot less hard a time than my black friends even if we act exactly the same. i've seen this in action more than once.

i also feel the privilege of being considered the standard, normal, and nonthreatening to other people in the dominant social group.

i could go on, but i suspect you started going NUH UH In your head the second the word 'privilege' came into contact with your eyeballs.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
It is a racist statement. To put any group based on appearance together and assign a universal truth is a racist statement and idea.

No different than all Asians are smart or all Indians (from India) are computer programmers. Both statements are racist.

it is significantly different, because your example statements are based on supposed inherent qualities, and statements about benefiting from being part of the dominant social group are based on how social hierarchies work.

you can draw false comparisons to play to your audience all you want, it doesn't make them correct.
edit on 29-11-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Funny, I was told these are micro aggression.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Yup. I see very little difference from the white supremacists that say "white is the best race, biologically more capable than others and leaders of progress and change, and it's time we embraces that power" and leftists that say "white is the most powerful race, socially more capable than others and leaders of progress and change, and it's time we shared that privilege". They are both idiotic and dangerous.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think that white supremacists would get more support if they borrowed from the feminists, "Do you believe in equality? Then you are actually a white supremacist. It is a common misconception, white supremacists fight for equality not just for white people"

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Have you ever not been in the dominant social group as regular matter of course?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

heck of a rebuttal there, way to go

originally posted by: ketsuko

Have you ever not been in the dominant social group as regular matter of course?

i live in america, so mostly not.

sometimes when i visibly went out of my way to present as queer, i've been able to experience it. it's not pleasant.
edit on 29-11-2017 by fiverx313 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

So you've never been in group where you were the minority for any length of time and been forced to be that way?

Or are you assuming that your experiences where you were going out of your way to present as queer are normal and not the ones where you are basically acting normal?

Btw, what do you mean "visibly went out of my way to present as queer"? Most people do react to others who look odd whether they're normal, LBGT + whatever other letters we're adding this week, Goth, minority, cosplayer, etc., you go out of your way to not present like most other people, and you will draw attention no matter what you're actual status is.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You disagree that the SJW's would not consider those micro's?

heck of a rebuttal there, way to go

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Here's my question.

If a white person, in the daily conduct of their personal lives, rarely ever encounters any black people, much less engages them or is in a position to transact business with them, what damned difference does any of this make?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Because the interaction that that person would have all day with only whites is the result of white privilege. Even if you have never owned slaves (no one alive has)-or engaged in any sort of discrimination you are guilty of being racist-look at the color of your skin to decide if you are indeed a recipient of white privilege.
What does white privilege give a person who enjoys it. Well there is no definition, but a good liberal leftist knows it when they see it.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
it doesn`t matter, most of the fools who take that course will be so buried in college loan debts they will spend the rest of their lives working at McDonalds to pay off the debt and won`t amount to anything.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You know that logic is an extension of the idea that all white Americans are racist because of the racist narative of the founding of this country.

There's very real danger in that. One, it justifies racial hatred toward whites and it will result in more and more whites becoming increasingly anti-American. And that really is happening.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I do not agree with that assertion.
Allowing the original sin (founding) to stain someone in 2017 is not logical. And trying to assign a responsibility to one group of people based on race is racist.

You know that logic is an extension of the idea that all white Americans are racist because of the racist narative of the founding of this country.

Now there are corporations that are still around that have a paper trail directly to profiting from slavery. But that is another can of worms.

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Here is another of the anti white classes

I was reading that article and watching the morning news with two african american anchors while learning that the news is against people of color

I do think that a course like this would have had relevance 75 years ago. Now I think it's time for people to find their own path to success in life.

I don't know anyone who is holding anyone else back

posted on Nov, 30 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I respect your disagreement and I believe I understand your assertion.

Unfortunately, what you and I might agree with is probably entirely contradictory to the people who matter. The people who "matter" are the Leftists daily indoctrinating students throughout the school systems that the racist history of the US thoroughly damns the country to an endless race and class cold war. That's the narrative of the"History" taught in the schools. This isn't my idea. I read similar views in the NYT. As white kids are indoctrinated in this manner, how many do you think are going to begin to realize that the narrative of US history is one they would prefer not to identify with. I would suggest the number is growing daily and it may well explain the rise of Pro-Russia sentiment in the US.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join