It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Friday posts New single day record for gun checks at more than 200,000

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Unlike many records set over the last few years, this time it is based on price instead of fear. We are in a period of gun-glut, with bargain ARs coming in at sub-$400. Bargain pistols in the $150 range. This year we now see bargain prices and people are taking advantage of the glut to stock up.

www.usatoday.com...

The FBI was flooded Friday with more than 200,000 background check requests for gun purchases, setting a new single day record, the bureau reported Saturday.

In all, the FBI fielded 203,086 requests on Black Friday, up from the previous single-day highs of 185,713 last year and 185,345 in 2015. The two previous records also were recorded on Black Friday.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Banks have hoards of people and computers processing transactions, instantly.

I wonder how long these 'permits' take to process?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is great news and also bad news as a sign of the times. Either way more people are realizing it might just be better to have one. Now I know a lot of those 200k are already gun nuts, but some have to be new owners. Even just 1 is a plus.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
There are some excellent deals out there.

Not that I would know.

Anything I may have owned sank in a boating accident.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I won a gun in a raffle about a year ago and it took an hour for me to get out of the store.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

It takes about 20 min every time I have bought a new one....thats after filling out the paperwork and with a CCW...

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

The time depends on a few things, when i buy a gun, it takes about 5 min to get approved because i have a clean background, and also, my full name is not super common, the more common your name, the longer it takes is what i was told

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Yup, the paperwork, oh the paperwork...

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
NICS check, pay, get your receipt.

takes about half an hour for a rifle.
unless you have a record.

good time to buy gun stocks

pun intended
edit on 26-11-2017 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Interesting, only ARs for $400, and handguns for $150...I guarantee you wouldnt want to bet your life on.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
a reply to: Vasa Croe
a reply to: neomaximus10

Y'all sound pre approved to me. The question was how long to approve 'two hundred thousand' requests.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Interesting, only ARs for $400, and handguns for $150...I guarantee you wouldnt want to bet your life on.

Here in Ca, ruger mini 14 with five round mag is over 800...

Big Five

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
the next few months should be really peaceful.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I got 5 on Black Friday.

Good to see people stocking up, though. Would come in handy during a myriad of disasters and emergencies.

Also ensures no guns will/could ever be confiscated by an invading army or tyrannical government. Too many.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Sheesh. I got a "ghost gun" kit last weekend, and I won't tell you guys what I paid for it

It was low, though. Very low. Love how it has no serial numbers anywhere either, that is a really great thing. That is 99% why I purchased it, and 1% because I wanted to build one for myself.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns
So you bought an 80 and finished it drilling it yourself? Slapping all the parts together is easy enough. But I never finished drilling an 80. Did it take you long? Difficulty? Break any bits?

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
I got 5 on Black Friday.

Good to see people stocking up, though. Would come in handy during a myriad of disasters and emergencies.

Also ensures no guns will/could ever be confiscated by an invading army or tyrannical government. Too many.

I would love to increase my collection...next gun type purchase will have to be an additional gun safe first...and the good ones of those are never cheap...as it should be...
edit on 26-11-2017 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us
Thats just not true at all. DemolitionRanch demonstrated that A $200 Hi-Point was put through the ringer and continue to fire even after it had taken a shot directly to the bolt!

I have handled them in the past, they fire great. Cheapest pistol you could get. I am fond of revolvers though, my point is that just because it is low cost does not make it undependable.

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I feel really bad for not doing my part. I’m thinking I’ll hit cyber Monday. There’s great prices on ammo right now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join