It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-LGBT Republican politician resigns after being 'caught having sex with man in his office'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Oh my, what a surprise.

A virulently anti-gay 'family values' Christian caught doing the exact kind of thing he preaches against.

Linky

An Ohio lawmaker who routinely touted his Christian faith and anti-LGBT views has resigned after being caught having sex with a man in his office.

Wes Goodman, who is the Republican state legislator for Ohio, is married to a woman who is assistant director of an annual anti-abortion rally known as March for Life.

The right-wing legislator, who pushed “family values”, was reportedly witnessed having sex with a man inside his office who was not employed by the legislator.

It often seems that the most self-righteous one of these politicians get caught doing the exact thing they claim to despise.

The 33-year-old, who has been branded the “conscience of the conservative movement”, resigned for “inappropriate conduct” shortly after the meeting took place.

Mr Goodman, whose Twitter biography describes him as “Christian. American. Conservative. Republican. Husband to @Beth1027”, has regularly claimed "natural marriage" occurs between a man and a woman.

"Healthy, vibrant, thriving, values-driven families are the source of Ohio's proud history and the key to Ohio's future greatness,” reads his campaign website which has now been taken offline.

What a message, from such a hypocrite. What a person does in their own time is their own business, unless they hoist themselves up on their own petard. Then all bets are off.

A right leaning news outlet now claims there are more than 30 other claimants alleging inappropriate behaviour.

ijr.com...

Disgraced Ohio state Rep. Wes Goodman — a Republican — in the wake of the lawmaker's recently revealed sex scandal and resignation is being accused by dozens of people of sexual misconduct. IJR has obtained testimonies from over 30 individuals who have had inappropriate and never-before-shared experiences with Goodman.

Such hypocrisy, but so often witnessed by these 'family values' types!
edit on 22-11-2017 by bgerbger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Come on people, get with it for petes sake, people are full of bs. There are solid parents and there are fk'd up parents, just think that the people you elect are the fk'd up parents. Grow up people. The world is full of trickery.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Isn't this always the way?

The more publicly against something you are, the more you secretly dig it.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I am totally against the idea of having a Billion quid in the bank, just so the universe knows...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Didnt I see this on True Blood?

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
So, in other words, this homosexual man who masquerades as a conservative republican is caught in his lie. How deceitful the left can be.

Just saying how things can twisted.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Yep, it's always the case. The ones that shout loudest about how wrong homosexuality is, are always the ones who secretly want or have gay lovers. Always.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

So true!

The ones that loudly claim to support the troops are the first ones to send them to die and ignore them if they survive.

The ones that claim to want to help the poor rack up the largest public debts.

The ones that are against people having guns have the most armed guards.

The ones that claim to want transparency in government are the most secretive.

The ones that claimed to want health care more affordable made it harder to get.

At least this guy had the common decency to resign after being exposed as a fraud. Too bad that isn't required by law.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Lying hypocrite!

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Seems this is how it always happens really.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Boy is he in the # !

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

just more proof that the left are a bunch of liars, clearly the right is very gay friendly.

edit on 351130America/ChicagoWed, 22 Nov 2017 07:35:51 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
idk, you all think this is really funny but to me it's nothing short of tragedy.
all these people in Good Christian Families given no choice but to force down and deny their true selves...
Can you imagine being in public office, running a platform detrimental to your deepest nature?
It's not a case of "all homophobes are secretly gay" because honestly some of them are just dicks
what this IS is a social structure that makes those it harms pass that harm down to the next generation.

this dude clearly couldn't deal with the charade anymore, on some level he had to need it to get out. why else do it right in your own office when you could so easily go cottaging?
imagine how much he must have loathed himself all these years.
i hope tonight he's celebrating freedom with his boyfriend and planning a better life

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

If he couldn't "come out" because of his religion, maybe the problem is the people he surrounds himself with.

It all comes down to personal choice, individual choice.

He chose it.

No one forced him to act, believe in any way.

He reaped what he sowed. (Biblical reference)

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

You mean like Russia???

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I read this story to my wife the other day--the irony and hypocrisy is hilarious and disgusting at the same time.

This is a reflection on nearly every politician, where double-speak is the modus operandi and their public persona is just a character that they play.

I. Hate. Politics.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I posted that a few days ago...see

this thread

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

So does this make him a bad Christian, or a sly homosexual?

I mean, lots of people grift in this man's world....he knew full well he wasn't living a Christian lifestyle, or living up to his professed Republican ideals. As neither a Christian, nor a Republican (Lord no, I'm not a Dem)...I don't look at any of these types of discovered hypocrisies as representative of the proposed social constructs they belong to...that's just the vehicle for their obfuscation.

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
it must be his wife's fault, she insisted on an abstinence-only lifestyle. forced him to fill his sexual needs the only way possible while still not producing a baby...

posted on Nov, 22 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
There are always a few bad apples in a congregation. If you find a church where there are a lot of bad apples, don't join unless you are a bad apple yourself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join