It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for Recommended games for mobile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Good evening fellow ATS gamers.

I'm on the search for a couple good mobile games.
When I'm at home I play my Xbox One. But I don't like carting it up to work.
I work 4 days on 3 days off.
Those 4 days I'm on shift, I stay at the mine site I work at.
I started playing that stupidly addictive candy crush - and no its not me sending you requests? I don't have Facebook lol.

Anyways, I'm 2 hours in the middle of know where. So there's not much to do after the actual work day is finished. So I play on my iPad while im up here.

I'm hoping some of you could toss out so goood game names that I might enjoy killing time on.
I'm into pretty much anything.
But I really like strategy type games similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. But like I said, I'll try anything.

So let's have it folks, toss out a couple games you recommend.
It can be either pay or free. Don't matter, as long as it's not a complete pay to win.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Currently, I love Transformers Earth Wars. It is the good old school transformers, before they were Bayed. It's a good base strategy game, it's voiced by the original characters, and it's just chock full of nostalgic greatness.

The other game I really love is Asphalt 8 Airborne. It's a fun driver, it has just about every car imaginable, the controls are very responsive on my Moto droid. Best of all, they are both free, and no real need to purchase anything.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I favor Texas holdem and Omaha. You can even make a few $$$. Or lose it.
edit on 20-11-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
yellow
plague inc
limbo
altos adventure
sim city
the sims
metal slug defense
pot farm

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
If you're looking for one that is fast instant fun nearly every moment you have it open, involves strategy but isnt a cursed base building game, and that you can actually enjoy all that without a seemingly mandatory "Canadough" scheme, then Clash Royale is the only one I ever managed to find.

Note I'm a staunch critic of "Freemium" / Play2Win games, as most they force you to waaaaaaaaaaaait foreeeeeever for the actual fun 'action' part, and have endless tiers of BS that cost "Gems" to speed it all up.

And the thing is when you buy the speedups (for your buildings, and new units / attricutes) you're still waiting again once you activate all that stuff. They have them built from the get that it takes LITERALLY years to possibly max everything out.

They're outright addiction engines. Its routine news about kids blowing figures like $10,000 (ten thousand dollars) in mere days on this BS, and they're still right back to waiting for everything again.

But Clash Royale is about the most action packed little game ever, its funny, and you open it hit the big button and in seconds its straight into the action fun match stuff. Now they do have the gems aspect worked into it, but you seriously dont need it to enjoy the thing.

Or you can always install old console emulators for free, and have for instance the entire array of every SNES game ever made at your disposal. Of the old cart era systems Neo Geo being the 'Lamborghini', and its emulators run fine on todays phones.

edit on 20-11-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah those snes emulators are freaking sweet!

I've been playing a game called wordscapes. Its pretty addicting.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I'm gonna check the emulators out.
Thanks a lot.
Anyone remember the old arcade game 1945?

I'm playing that right now. It's fun and nostalgic but you need to buy continues if you die.
Doesn't seem to be a save game to it

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Tons of choice titles on SNES. Mario World, Final Fantasy 6, Actraiser, Sim City (which is 100 times better than the damned freemium version), and so on.

Also fun for the ATS spirit:

LEMMINGS!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Uninstall 1945 and get Air Attack 2, not 1. Worth the small iap for no ads and double currency.

Also in your situation I strongly recommend Siralam 2. If its not currently at a cheap sale price of $1 maybe wait a week or so as it often drops to that price.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

I didnt get around to trying a "MAME" arcade emulator on the phones, but assuming they have a build that isnt a pain to setup, then you can get versions of the 194X series you never dreamed of (along with about 800 other "shooter" type games), and the coin switch will be there as a button somehow. The core version has save game and a bejezus of features. The consoles will have those kinds of games too, but most are extremely difficult with like 3 continues.

BUT Neo Geo has some of the richest shooter type games ever made, which are actually the arcade games quite literally (so you'll have the coin button feature) but the arcade system was cart based and its the same exact software inside the home console carts.

HIGHLY recommended are the Metal Slug games! Great fighting games too.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Question,
Do I need to jail break mymipad for an emulator?
Or is there someplace I need to download it from.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Will do.
I just went through 8 missions on 1945 and I can't save my game.
So eff that noise!

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I couldnt tell ya.

Do they need to be jailbroke to install apps outside of the 'store' like android has?

Android store has the emulators right in it.

Look for a youtube tutorial if it comes down to it.

But technically it should be 'illegal' for them to block you from running your own apps or whatever, as Congress even ruled a few years ago that phones ARE Personal Computers in a suit against the MFG's for trying to block people from "rooting" their "phones' (personal computers).

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

The new South Park mobile game is a blast too. Card collecting with an rpg level up system and fast paced intense tactical battles. Fun enough to enjoy for free if you're a patient gamer. Requires some pvp (player vs player) to progress through the campaign mode. Plenty of laughs especially if you are at all familiar with the show.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
DOTS

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I have been playing Shop Heroes for a while, it is a free mobile game where you run a shop for adventurers. You collect resources from buildings in town that you can upgrade and use them to craft items like hats, vests, swords, potions, and much more.

In addition, you have a team of heroes that you can equip with various levels of equipment of various quality levels. These heroes can go on quests to obtain quest materials for use in crafting or selling on the market. There is a market where you can sell items you create to other players or buy their items from them.

Gold and gems are the currencies, and gems can be bought with real money. However, you can also sell items you craft for gems instead of gold if you wish.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Iron marines

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The TellTale point and click adventure games are excellent. Especially the walking dead and The wolf among us. You get completely immersed in a story that depends on what decisions you make. Extremely well made!
They've also got batman, game of thrones, back to the future and a couple more.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I just started alchemists code.

It's turn based tactical rpg. Feels final fantasy tactics it doesn't seem needed to pay and it has voiceovers.

Seems pretty nice so far.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I've been playing Puzzle & Dragons and Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes for over a year daily. I can't recommend them both enough.

Puzzle & Dragons is a matching style game, like Bejeweled in a way but you move a lot more than one space at a time. But it's also like Pokemon in a way, with characters that level up and change. I dig it because it's got mythical beings from just about every pantheon out there and things are customizable enough to keep me hooked. Oh and the crossover events that provide characters from various other games and stuff, that's awesome. I've got characters from Final Fantasy, Voltron, Fist of the North Star... lots of stuff.

Galaxy of Heroes is a turn-based combat game set in the Star Wars franchise. It's great if you geek on that. Many characters, customizable teams, ship combat, lots of good stuff. But it's an EA game and they are greedy. It's still enjoyable without microtransactions though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join