It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Place your bets -- who's next on the sexual harassment parade?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is good. The floodgates have opened, scum of all political affiliations and religions are getting nailed. It sometimes seems like too much and we're getting a little numb to it, but that's how these things go. It cleans up society and those in power a little bit. We need a cleansing like this now and then.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I work in a very professional environment and Have had to hold my tongue many times just because of how whatever was coming out of my mouth might sound. We joke and talk about a lot of things but never how someone looks. Very careful now days.

edit on 20-11-2017 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mikell

i watch my mouth as well... i definitely have a habit of putting my foot in it.

i'd rather have it that way, though -- trying to be courteous and avoid making people uncomfortable, instead of just letting every dumb thing fall out of my mouth because it's too much trouble to think first.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

You can't throw a stone without it hitting a pedo or similar monster it seems....

Can you spread bet on all of them?
edit on 20-11-2017 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

Man-spread?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: EA006

Man-spread?

You just had to go there

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Blatant display of White Male Privilege

edit on 20-11-2017 by Autorico because: sarcasm

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
In all seriousness, the whole reason these people are being thrown under the bus, is becuase they've run out of friends or aren't playing the game correctly.

It has nothing to do with the extent they've prayed on young women, or even young dudes (if thats your thing).

The true predators will live on and continue to go under the radar, just doing what they've always done with impunity... well they let a few wealthy and influential individuals who forgot how to play the game take the fall for the majority.

Thats why I refuse to take any of this 'trend' seriously... We ain't tackling a legitimate issue here, we're just witch hunting a few rich individuals who forgot how to play the game and who have run out of friends to fall back on...

When it comes to 'so called' justice in the western world, it ain't about what you've actually done, its just about how well you've 'played the game' and how influential the people who consider you there 'friend' are.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
a reply to: DBCowboy

Blatant display of White Male Privilege

That's a long name for your penis. I call mine Kingsley.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
In all seriousness, the whole reason these people are being thrown under the bus, is becuase they've run out of friends or aren't playing the game correctly.

I disagree. It must be such an irritation to those who supposedly "champion" women over the barbaric conservatives.

In reality, it happens.

But it is coming out now because it is the "cause de jour".

Face it, 40 even 30 years ago, men treated women differently than they do now.

The issue is that we are judging yesterdays actions with todays societal standards.

I'm old enough to have seen the evolution of changes in the way men treat and interact with women.
edit on 20-11-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I still don't know what to name mine.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I disagree. It must be such an irritation to those who supposedly "champion" women over the barbaric conservatives.

For those types, that facade they put on was specifically to ingratiate themselves with women to make it easier to prey on them. It also makes the victims feel like they won't be believed if the assaulter has the public image as a women's rights type.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My bet is on Mr. Rogers.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Bob Ross and his happy little tree ....

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Seems it is all the small fries and it makes me wonder about the true human trafficking/pedophile rings that none have come to light.

Oh we fixing it all...ya right....

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
BOOM!
Who want's to start a BIG new thread?

Michigan Rep. John Conyers
www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
i have a feeling next youll see the military establishment attacked. im actually shocked we havent heard more come out regarding the military considering the misconduct in the past that was known about
edit on 20-11-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'm all for outing all sexual assaulters/rapists/etc. Ask yourselves if this is a powerful distraction from something bigger though. That's my only worry. I.e. throw a bunch of medium level players under the bus to distract from something else going on. Does anybody feel me on that?

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
a reply to: dfnj2015

But it's all from 10- 20 years ago times where different . 10 years ago i could tell a girl at work she looked good in those jeans without having to worry about HR.

that's so sad for you that now you can't just force women to listen to your gross personal remarks without being worried about consequences.

Its much worse than just listening to what some may call gross comments directed at you.

This is real life policy at a place where I worked. Here is the scenario: Two guys are talking and one wants to tell a dirty joke to the other but they don't want to get in trouble so they go in a conference room and close the door. They lock the door so no one can burst in unannounced, move to the far end of the conference room, and whisper so no one can hear them. A woman outside the conference room saw them go in and heard them lock the door. She is curious about what they are doing so she puts a glass against the door and puts her ear against the glass so she can hear them. She hears the joke and is offended. The two guys get fired and sued for harassment.

Even though the woman went out of her way to hear something she clearly was not meant to hear, it is still the guys fault for saying it in the first place. You don't have to speak directly to a woman, or say anything about her personally. All you have to do is say a single word she finds offensive.

This is another issue where the rubber band is going to get stretched so tight that the snap back is going to hurt more than the original offense ever did. When issues like that are forced into civil action it draws attention away from the real issues of inappropriate behavior and assault.

Choose your battles.

posted on Nov, 20 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
This witch hunt is getting boring.

Second line.

And that is what is is - Either we wake-up and see what is going on or no one is safe.

If some male or female in your past reports that you did whatever - And does it with no evidence whatsoever - The current attitude of the press and mass media is to report it as true - And you are guilty.

Where are we ? - Is this the USA in 2017 or are we back in Salem Massachusetts in the 1600s

edit on 20-11-2017 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join