It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People for sale Where lives are auctioned for $400

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82
I think the people being sold in the video would gladly trade places with you or 3NL1GHT3N3D1.

Seeking Riches That Are True

How can we avoid becoming slaves of today’s commercial world?
1, 2. In this system of things, why will there always be some poor people?

TODAY’S economic system is harsh and unfair. Young people search in vain for employment. Many risk their lives to move to more prosperous lands. Poverty is widespread, even in affluent lands. And the gap between rich and poor is widening. According to recent estimates, the richest 1 percent of the earth’s population have as much wealth as the rest of its inhabitants combined. While such a figure is difficult to confirm, no one disputes that billions of people are desperately poor, while others have enough wealth to last for many lifetimes. Jesus recognized this harsh reality with the words: “You always have the poor with you.” (Mark 14:7) Why such inequality?

2 Jesus understood that the current economic system would not change until God’s Kingdom comes. Along with the political and religious elements, the greedy commercial system, represented by “the merchants” of Revelation 18:3, constitutes part of Satan’s world. Unlike the complete separation that God’s people maintain from politics and false religion, most cannot separate themselves completely from the commercial part of Satan’s world.
MINIMAL INVOLVEMENT IN “THE COMMERCIAL BUSINESSES OF LIFE”

12. How did Abraham show that he trusted in God?

12 Another way to gain friendship with Jehovah is by minimizing our involvement with the commercial world and using our circumstances to seek “true” riches. Abraham, a man of faith in ancient times, obediently left prosperous Ur in order to live in tents and pursue his friendship with Jehovah. (Heb. 11:8-10) He always looked to God as the Source of true wealth, never seeking material advantages that would indicate a lack of trust. (Gen. 14:22, 23) Jesus encouraged this sort of faith, telling a rich young man: “If you want to be perfect, go sell your belongings and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come be my follower.” (Matt. 19:21) That man lacked faith like that of Abraham, but others have shown implicit trust in God.

13. (a) What admonition did Paul give to Timothy? (b) How can we apply Paul’s counsel today?

13 Timothy was a man of faith. After calling Timothy “a fine soldier of Christ Jesus,” Paul told him: “No man serving as a soldier involves himself in the commercial businesses of life, in order to gain the approval of the one who enrolled him as a soldier.” (2 Tim. 2:3, 4) Jesus’ followers today, including an army of over one million full-time ministers, apply Paul’s counsel to the extent that their circumstances allow. Resisting the pressures of advertising and the world around them, they remember the principle: “The borrower is a slave to the lender.” (Prov. 22:7) Satan would like nothing better than to have us spend all our time and energy as slaves to his commercial world. Some decisions could keep us in financial bondage for years. Huge home mortgages, lingering student loans, expensive car payments, even extravagant weddings can result in great financial pressure. We demonstrate practical wisdom when we simplify our life and reduce debt and expenses, setting ourselves free to slave for God rather than for today’s commercial system.—1 Tim. 6:10.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I would if were in their shoes too

There is no denial that those humans are subject to some really cruel people , and are probably in no position to escape from that life.

There are multiple forms of slavery , physical slavery and physical imprisonment being the worst , enslavement of the mind is just as abhorrent although not as physically horrible on the victims of slavery

Slavery never really went away the slave owners just got better at hiding their chosen profession

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Having to work for a living or be homeless is not consensual. That's called necessity. Being forced to work in order to survive is slavery at it's most basic level. The only consent is to the negotiation of your hourly worth

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Modern day slavery. Billions of people sell themselves to highest bidder every day.

Agreed, but in that case it is the individual selling himself...not some 3rd party "owner" selling the individual. There is a difference between economic slavery and forced slavery.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

People for sale all over the world really to one degree or another.

Here in the U.K we call it "Mandatory Unpaid Government Work Schemes" which can last upto six months. Sometimes even longer depending on the variety of jobsworth bastard that's dealing with your case.

The name changes but the gist of the premise remain the same. And it does indeed amount to a form of slavery or indentured servitude.

Not exactly on par with whats transpiring over there but the point is that slavery, or at least degrees of such, has never really gone away, just changed its face to suit the socioeconomic climate in which it resides.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Regarding my earlier comment about Qatar, this report is from CNN, don't they have like a gazillion advertisements promoting Qatar ('s businesses and economy, markets, etc.; paid for no doubt by wealthy influential Qatari)?

Stuff like below. I think I see it quite a lot, at least from that general area such as Dubai (UAE), Saudi Arabia, etc.; where similar treatments happen for immigrant workers, they just don't have a WC to host so it's not a big story. Mind you, I get the Dutch version for CNN, which has tailored commercials for a Dutch (European) market. Which might have more commercials for the muslims traveling to the middle east (in light of the type of commercial below which I think I've seen on CNN several times, quote a lot if this is the one I remember).

Wouldn't that be ironic* if that commercial was planned right after or before they show the report in the OP (*: referring back to the song I posted on the previous page "All 'bout the money"). The one talking above doesn't sound like he's from Qatar either, I'm sure he was well paid for adding his voice to their promotional campaign.
edit on 15-11-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

Oh, regarding her request above: "So tell me how we fail to understand."

2 Corinthians 4:2-4

But we have renounced the shameful, underhanded things, not walking with cunning or adulterating the word of God; but by making the truth manifest, we recommend ourselves to every human conscience in the sight of God. 3 If, in fact, the good news we declare is veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, 4 among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination* of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.

Amiga Scenedemo - Human Traffic - FINAL (Riverwash 2011)

That playlist linked at the end there has details as to the tools "the god of this system of things" is using to blind people and making them fail to understand what's really going on. Some more specific examples of that (you can categorize them into 2 main tools that operate in conjunction with eachother):

Religion is a Snare and a Racket

First Amendment Champions

I highly recommend the video that precedes the video below in the same playlist, but since it doesn't matter whether you watch it in front or after the video below, and because the video below is shorter, you can perhaps watch it twice and pay close attention to the ending of that scene from that movie:

Nixon (Oliver Stone)

2nd main tool further discussed below (first clues were already given above), as used throughout the centuries (no, I'm not talking about the bible, the tool is discussed in the bible though):

The BIBLE - Accurate History, Reliable Prophecy
edit on 15-11-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
When your civil rights leaders are too busy protesting a guy getting shot after assaulting a cop and women are wearing pussy hats complaining they might have to pay a few bucks a month for birth control.

#ing cowards won't take on any real issues.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

a reply to: Kettu

Nope, I don't other than going back to the tribal structure we used for hundreds of thousands of years before we let strangers enslave us and take us away from family.

Those tribes had slaves. They would raid neighboring tribes as strangers and enslaved them by taking them away from family.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

a reply to: Kettu

Nope, I don't other than going back to the tribal structure we used for hundreds of thousands of years before we let strangers enslave us and take us away from family.

Those tribes had slaves. They would raid neighboring tribes as strangers and enslaved them by taking them away from family.

Hey, cool it with the facts. Some people have narratives to push.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Well duh, that's how we got to this point to begin with, tribal leaders being power hungry and greedy which eventually led from forced slavery to the economic slavery we have today. I never said tribal living is perfect but not all tribes owned slaves or invaded other settlements either.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
But most did, and nobody got to pick and choose. What's your alternative? Oh, wait....You don't have one. Point is tribal living was every bit as autocratic and enslaving as modern society, so so much for that issue. The "good old days" you seem to envision were called 'these trying times." you nay think working for a living is slavery, but guess what? No one owes you a living. If you compel someone else to support you simply because you think working for wages is slavery, them it is THAT PERSON who is a slave. So if you want electricity, pay for it. If you want an internet connection, pay for it. If you think you are enslaved because you have to work to get these things, tough. Get over yourself.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The reason I call it slavery is because while we do the brunt of the work those who run the show do far less for far more reward. They're the slave masters, we're the ones they're riding the backs of.

How much time do you spend with family? Not enough. They've ruined the family structure with the way they've set society up. If you're ok with sending your kid off to some stranger 5 days a week to let them raise them for you then good for you but that's not how it was meant to be. Have fun working your job while the state raises your kids for you.

Sorry if me calling you a modern day slave makes you defensive but it doesn't make it any less true. You're a slave, so am I. I have no issue working for my living, I just don't agree with the way it is set up and how it rips us away from our friends and families for at least half of our lives. If you do then they've fooled you into believing a lie.

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The penny simply won't drop for everyone.

Freedom is an illusion, but just like our notion of free will, its an illusion that most cannot live without, and will attempt to defend their illusory notion of such to there to there last breath.

It's simply in our nature to assume we are in control when the reality is that control is also an illusion.

"They" are perfectly aware of this and utilize said knowledge of the Human condition to suit there agenda.

Vicious circle really, but it works thus far.

posted on Nov, 16 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

that illusion exists so we dont get too scared of the infinite awesome vastness of the universe
and hide in a cave forever

but in reality we arent in control everything is at the will of the universe
or at least thats how it seems
edit on 16-11-2017 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It would appear Clinton were very aware of this ethnic cleaning.

clear warnings were issued starting in early 2011 that Libya's black as well as migrant population would be the first to fall victim at the hands of the Islamist Libyan rebels that NATO's war empowered.

But it is important to remember that CNN itself at the time regularly promoted the false "black mercenary" narrative which helped fuel and excuse such atrocities, even though it is now much belatedly investigating and decrying Libya's current migrant slave auctions,

What Hillary Knew

Wikileaks emails point to oil and the fact Libya's plan to create a gold backed currant brought this destruction on them

Makes me sick that CNN is giving itself kodos for their "investigative" journalism

posted on Nov, 18 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

We have allies that practice slavery. Shouldn't we at the bare minimum not trade, nor anything else with any nation that allows slave trade.

I mean if we really do care, shouldn't we be doing something like the above?
To put this into context, here are some key figures:

It is estimated that human trafficking and forced labor is a $150 billion industry.
In the US, it's estimated that 100,000 children are forced into prostitution each year.
Globally, it's estimated that there are around 30 million victims of human trafficking.
55 percent of all the victims are women or girls - 5.5 million of all the victims are children.
Its not just our Allies, its right here ......
edit on 18-11-2017 by madenusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: madenusa
And you can bet your ass that the CIA or operatives working for the CIA are getting their piece of the pie (or other people with some authority and the means to do something about it), just like the drugs market (CNN just did a report on the increase of heroine production in Afghanistan since the UN took over):

Nice excuse above, but it's still all 'bout the money, cotten is not nearly as profitable for certain people in powerful positions (not talking about Afghans).
Wake up, cause:

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed (Part 1 of 10)
edit on 19-11-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join