It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former student charged in racist graffiti at EMU

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Looks like some racist graffiti at the Eastern Michigan University was a false flag.

Apparently the perpetrator was a former student hell-bent on causing racial divide.

Who knows why, but the guy is already in jail for other crimes.

Surprise.

Everybody loves a winner right?

Former student charged in racist graffiti at EMU

A 29-year-old man was arraigned Monday on charges stemming from three incidents in which racist and hate graffiti was found on the campus of Eastern Michigan University.

Eddie Curlin, who was an EMU student from 2014 to early 2016, was arraigned in Washtenaw County District Court on three counts of malicious destruction of property, four counts of identity theft and one count of using computers to commit a crime, the university said in a news release.

Curlin, 29, is serving a prison term of 18 months to five years on a conviction for receiving stolen property in December 2015, according to a state corrections database.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is worth talking about. So much will be gained from this thread.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It didn't really cause that much of an issue. At least not among the students here. We have a fairly diverse but tight knit community among the students. It's different is all I can say.

There was the typical "I don't feel safe" from a few people, but that should be expected with something like this occurring by an unknown perpetrator. With our safety policies I do not think personal safety was ever an issue for the students.

Professors were all over it though asking students about there feelings and telling them where to go for counseling.

We have a robust safety element on campus so I'm surprised it took this long to find out who did the graffiti.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

29 years old is quite old to pull a stunt like this. What an idiot.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus
It didn't really cause that much of an issue. At least not among the students here. We have a fairly diverse but tight knit community among the students. It's different is all I can say.

There was the typical "I don't feel safe" from a few people, but that should be expected with something like this occurring by an unknown perpetrator. With our safety policies I do not think personal safety was ever an issue for the students.

Professors were all over it though asking students about there feelings and telling them where to go for counseling.

We have a robust safety element on campus so I'm surprised it took this long to find out who did the graffiti.

what worries me is why weve reached a point where our schools need to go and interview the students on how they feel about something that by this time in their life shouldnt need a helping hand with. how much money do our schools now have to spend on man hours and counselor's, instead of actually teaching the courses the students are there for? comn people quit giving these people the time of day and just start dismissing the repugnants withholding the power they seek.
edit on 23-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes. A lot can be gained from talking about this thread.

For instance.
Why would someone want to cause racial division, but only want one side to be blamed for that racial division?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I haven't seen one national news worthy defacement yet that wasn't later uncovered to be a farse.

Swastika? Left wing jewish perons did it.

Anything to do with white "nationalist" racist? Some black person did it.

This is getting so tiring.

My latest theory is that the commie types can't get anyone intelligent to buy into their plans so they talk these dummies into doing it, hoping they wont admit their deeds to the cops...or something.

Really I don't get it at all. Anyway, can't wait to see what you commie stink pinky's are capable of on November 4th.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
If Obama had a son.....

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

For instance.
Why would someone want to cause racial division, but only want one side to be blamed for that racial division?

The same reason pedophiles want people looking far away from what it is they are really doing.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
18 months to 5 years for receiving stolen property???

What a rigged system. Seriously you are not human if you think that charge is good. To take away 5 years of a persons life potentially over "property"

Fk off humanity.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

This is getting old,like this doesn't happen everyday,this site is getting to be a broken record,and not a good one

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Me, Me, teacher, I can answer that question!

The other side gets blamed because they got privilge!

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

29 year-old or 15 year-olds, these people who think they can vandalize anyone's property without repercussions should be heavily fined and given a bucket of paint remover and a brush and have them remove graffiti from city walls for an entire month! Maybe that will help drive the point home to respect other peoples property!

I agree it really shows the immaturity of this guy. Some people never grow up.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Add this to the dozens and dozens of other cases where the perpetrator ends up being a minority person trying to "bring up the issue of racism" to everyone.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fisherr
If Obama had a son.....

Winner Winner!

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

This is easy to understand.
He just wanted to get a riot started so he could do some Black Friday "shopping"....

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Would a poo swastika be worth discussing?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

If they don't push a narrative that neo nazi groups go to liberal colleges they won't get safe spaces.

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: 3daysgone

For instance.

The same reason pedophiles want people looking far away from what it is they are really doing.

Pedophiles are racist?

posted on Oct, 24 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: 3daysgone

Me, Me, teacher, I can answer that question!

The other side gets blamed because they got privilge!

Privilege? Can you please expand on what those privileges may be?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join