It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Fox and Friends' dresses black child up as watermelon-racism everwhere

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Is that a Samoan dressed as an pineapple?

Whats the big deal, pineapples are a pacific islander crop, watermelons do actually come from africa, and they had a white girl as slime and a rainbow & unicorn in there.

edit on 23-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Yes, he is the stereotypical, representative black child.
(He is about as black as I am.)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The only ones having racist inclinations are the ones reacting to a kid in a watermelon costume. It’s the first thing their minds race to.

Does that include all the right-wingers here that are busy losing their collective #? Man...talk about triggered!

Who is calling it racist again?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The only ones having racist inclinations are the ones reacting to a kid in a watermelon costume. It’s the first thing their minds race to.

Does that include all the right-wingers here that are busy losing their collective #? Man...talk about triggered!

The trolls?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

The trolls?

New York daily News?

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

The trolls?

New York daily News?

Yes they still sourced the tweets just the same.
The OP fell for the troll bait.

You, of all people, should know that the media and the silly tweets like those are designed to trigger people, further dividing people more.

Honestly who cares what that kid wore? Be honest. Do you see anyone offended by it? Heck the kid obviously isn't black.

edit on 10/23/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I don’t care what the kid wore, neither did the folks on the show. Yet here is an article accusing them of dredging up racist overtones. Just another day, another lie by those tasked with informing us.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I don’t care what the kid wore, neither did the folks on the show. Yet here is an article accusing them of dredging up racist overtones. Just another day, another lie by those tasked with informing us.

No the article is reporting on what the tweets said. That is all. The tweets are obviously designed to trigger the conservatives and the media is lapping it up.
Nobody, I repeat, nobody is offended by the costume. The OP fell for it, pure and simple.
We, me and you, liberals and conservatives, wouldn't have known about this nor even cared until the OP bit the bait and brought it to our attention.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc Actually I am very happy with that state of things. And if it goes south I have all my gear in order. Funny story, when I moved to Nevada all my employees thought I was a hardcore right wing kinda dude. To the suprise of them I am not. A conservative lib yes but not right. And yes they do excist. What I do find as sad is the far right thinking we are out to get them. Now that it kinda sad. Yes there are far left and far right that use harsh words and violence as their method but that is simply not accurate for the rest of us left or right. I am an Okie tried and true. I helped the majority of all the growing businesses in my town. Some owners right some left. To this day we are all very close. So stop your retoric and go play in a garden. I have a very nice one at my house here in Nevada. My chickens will play with you. They are very sweet and love to play.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

What does wearing a lovely fruit costume have to do with rascism?

What am I missing here???

It's a cute costume on an adorable child!
edit on 3016Monday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The true racists are the ones that make everything about race. Think about it.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

hah, it wasn't even fox that dressed these kids up. it was a guest that brought all them youngins. you hear the women in green say to the women in red thanks for joining us at the end.

i knew something was up when the video started up in the middle of a sentence with the robot. nothing about who the women were with the kids.

[snipped]
edit on Tue Oct 24 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

(post by Deaf Alien removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Except the article says this.

I seed what you did there.

"Fox and Friends" dredged up a racist stereotype Sunday during a segment about Halloween costumes for kids.

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien I was looking up how someone can do that. The only thing that came from exstensive research is planting a seed where someone just prepped the soil for said planting. I was still a little confused by the wording in the link so I drafted a well thought out email to send to a prof. to get to the bottom of the usage of words in the link. All this was done whilst pooping

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

There is nothing wrong with posting fake news.
edit on Tue Oct 24 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I seed what you did there.

(Emphasis mine)
That is the humor value that you are missing.

There is nothing wrong with posting fake news.

Neither is wrong with posting humorous news.

At least we both agree that this is fake news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join