It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colin Kaepernick files collusion grievance against NFL owners

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
but if he is better than many active QBs on a roster today, then maybe he has a valid case. legally, the outcome may upset even more... because, yes hes being 'blackballed'

He is better than many NFL QBs. I'm a Brown's fan, Kaepernick isn't great, but he is twice the QB of anyone on our team. But is it really worth alienating half of your fanbase to bring in a mediocre QB? There is no collusion, just common sense business decisions by owners who realize at least half of their fanbase, if not 2/3, despise Kaepernick. He has no case, this is his only desperate option that he has left, and is most likely just a publicity stunt to get him a co-host job on some liberal talk show, maybe a correspondent's job on Samantha Bee's show.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Why is an NFL owner required to hire him for a team position or any position? Are they not free to offer a job to anyone and free to not offer to anyone.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
And somewhere Daniel Sam wonders why he didn't think of it first. Johnny Manzell would be in on it too, but he's too busy sleeping off his last drunken binge.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
frivolous lawsuit, he doesn`t have a snowballs chance in hell of winning this suit.

when he runs out of money and his women leave him, he will go crawling back and accept a job as a third string quarterback for 2 million a year and promise to keep his political beliefs out of the entertainment arena ( make no mistake about it) the NFL is nothing more than the cousin of hollywood, it`s all just entertainment.

rich people ( like him) care more about their money than they do about their political or social beliefs,they sell out their beliefs for money everytime.

I have no sympathy for the poor little rich boy, if worse comes to worse he can go and get a real job like millions of other americans have.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hes free to not do what hes told for his job. And his employers are free not to keep employing him. Now he thinks everyone owes him? That shows what his true character is. Go look for a regular job like most people.

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Why is an NFL owner required to hire him for a team position or any position? Are they not free to offer a job to anyone and free to not offer to anyone.

you`re right like any other employer the NFL owners are free to hire or not hire anyone they want ,for any reason they want,they are free to offer someone as much as they want or as little as they want.

just because most companies won`t hire convicted felons doesn`t mean they are in collusion it just means they don`t want to take the risk of hiring a convicted felon.

just because NFL owners don`t want to hire a social justice warrior who may be losing them profits doesn`t mean they are in collusion it just means they don`t want to take the risk of hiring a social justice warrior who might lose them money.
edit on 15-10-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

hahaha, well he learned a valuable life lesson, don`t bite the hand that feeds you. in the NFL everybody is expendable.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   
He's not a terrible QB; but don't the owners also have to take the teams fan base into consideration more? Also, I wasn't aware the NFLPA guaranteed employment if you had better stats than the lowest employed athlete.

Perhaps if he used this time to provide leadership to resolve this whole blunder for the NFL; he'd end up with Goodell's job.

I have honestly gotten to a point where I don't care what these asshats do anymore; it's not worth the stress getting offended by someone expressing their 1st amendment rights. I feel though that the police brutality argument is so 2016, let's get with the times.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I thought he had offers from a number of teams... but did not accept what they offered him.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Wasting his time,California you can be terminated without cause,if they want to fire you,they don't have to give a reason,but never stops a liberal

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Really who rookies that are warming the bench and learning how to play? Worse quarterbacks make less money and often done get game time. As far as kaepernick he can throw but he's to scared and abandons the pocket to quickly. Meaning the offence has to be redisigned to handle a quaternary who can't handle the pressure and remain in the pocket. They could but do they want to pay millions to him only to have to redesign their entire offense? And that's why he isn't playing no team wants to build an offense around him it's starting over from scratch. If he had wanted to continue to play he should have improved his ability to read a defense and stay in the pocket. Pressure still rattles him a little too much.

The 49ers was in a desperate need of a QB yet they didn't want to redesign the offence. And they were looking for the next great QB kaepernick is nearing the end of his career. He's all ready had 3 surgeries 2 back injuries 2015 couldn't Finnish the season and in 2016 he ranked 25th out if 31 teams. Hardly proof he was ready to stay with the 49ers.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
It couldn't have anything to do with him disrespecting the country that pays his outrageous salary with ticket sales, could it? No. Clearly they are colluding against him because they are just jerks, and the player is just a swell guy.

...come on. If you pissed on my country and all that fought and died for me to be here, and I had a way to stick it to you, I would too. Would anyone do different?

The NFL is hemmoraging in ratings because of the kneegate antics of a few, it's just bad business to hire a provacateur. Especially in the times of one wrong move and social media ends your career for you.
edit on 16-10-2017 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

First couple years he was great, but the NFL adapted to him and he didn't adjust to that.

??

NFL adapted to him...but he didnt adjust to them adapting to him ??

wow...I'm obviously overpaid.
edit on 16-10-2017 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   

He should learn a new sport, and change nations.

The fans dont want him, so why would any team?

The country doesnt want him either.

"Sit down, be humble"

edit on 10 16 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Yes.

Why is that so hard to believe? He was slightly unconventional for a QB when he burst on the scene. As soon as defensive coordinators figured out how to scheme to handle that, he lost his edge and fell back in the pack so that he wasn't nearly as good.

When that happens, you either really refine your skills so that your conventional game improves or you find a new way to play around what the defenses are doing be figuring out what it is.

Colin didn't do any of that. He didn't adapt. He kept doing the same things, and it didn't work.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

If his lawyer told him he can prove in court that owners got together to decide to punish him for protesting he needs to find a new lawyer.

No way is going to be able to prove that in court and is basically a waste of time and money. The only team I can see picking him up is the Cleveland browns because they have nothing to lose.

What team wants drama and media distractions from a backup QB coming off a 1-15 season

edit on 16-10-2017 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
In the style of Nelson Muntz from The Simpsons "Ha Haa".

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Some things to think about. Mr Kaepernick is 29 years old. That is getting on the old side for american football. Thus, he is not someone I would bring in hoping he can improve. This would make him undesirable to teams trying to get playing time to young QBs with potential. Likewise, if I have a team with a good QB, I would not employ him because that may upset my star QB. This really limits the teams that would be willing to take on Mr Kaepernick. That is just the reality of professional american football.

posted on Oct, 16 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Poor Colon the perpetual victim.

edit on 16-10-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join