It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Girls Can Now Join Boy Scouts?!?!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: riiver

Right. And that's why we have GIRL SCOUTS. You know, for girls.

No, the reason is because it was created in 1910, when girls were thought to be inferior human beings.

I think every 100 years it's ok for an organization to change the rules to reflect the century they are living in.

They let blacks in and the BSA survived just fine. They will survive this as well.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I am truly shocked at some of the comments regarding this announcement, what year are we living in? The boys scouts are declining in membership, and need money and membership. Many people think the girls are secretly infiltrating the "boys club" to demasculinize boys, but in reality the boy scouts have been accused of poaching girl scouts for a couple of years (girl scout cookies = $$$). The scouts beginning was all from a book that Baden-Powell wrote to help young boys with survival skills because the war was not slowing, BTW none of this took place in America, this was a British Colonel in charge of making sure the British Empire retained her settlements in South Africa. "The colonel had long been concerned that new military recruits were clueless about basic outdoor survival techniques." Yes, military and survival preparedness for young boys. Times have changed and women now serve in the military too, imagine that. In the UK girls are already part of the "Scouts" not boy scouts, not girl scouts, but Scouts. "A co-educational movement
Scouting in the UK is firmly committed to coeducation so boys and girls can meet the aims of
Scouting through one programme." For those involved in boy scouts in the US know that women have always been involved, den moms, moms, sisters and grandmas. Baden himself seemed progressive for his time, "He gave guidance to the Scouting and Girl Guiding Movements ". If he were alive today my hunch is that he would want an organization that befit the times, and helped all young people.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

WTF???? are you drinking??

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: curme

originally posted by: riiver

Right. And that's why we have GIRL SCOUTS. You know, for girls.

No, the reason is because it was created in 1910, when girls were thought to be inferior human beings.

I think every 100 years it's ok for an organization to change the rules to reflect the century they are living in.

They let blacks in and the BSA survived just fine. They will survive this as well.

Once again, girls have Girl Scouts. Now. Today. In 2017. So why do they need to be Boy Scouts? And if today's Girl Scouts teaches that girls are inferior human beings (which I assume is the meaning of your comment above, because otherwise it has absolutely nothing to do with the issue), then perhaps the focus should be on correcting that instead.
edit on 12-10-2017 by riiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
When my son was a cub scout, we were overwhelmed by the number of sisters of scouts that wanted to get in on the activities and fun. Girl Scouts in my experience exists to sell cookies and other products that benefit the national organization.

Don't you find it interesting that the proposed solution isn't to fix what is broken, but just take from what is successful?

It's an interesting parallel with much of modern society.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Who gives a crap, we can just call them Scouts now, or is this too difficult for you?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Cool, they can get a sandwich making merit badge. I love it.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Cool, they can get a sandwich making merit badge. I love it.

expand on that and add beer opening.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Sounds fine to me - if you never change anything, nothing ever changes.

Change can be a good thing - "because it's always been like that" is not a great reason to keep doing it that way. And the scouts has no comparison to sports teams, that doesn't even make sense. Being a scout isn't a "contest." It's a learning and growing experience.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Changes aren't the cause for concern. It falling in line with this en masse feminist assault on all things male trend, with a particular emphasis on going after the minds of children, that is the hair raiser.

But if change is cool, no more "ladies night", right? We'll give up the Boy in Boy Scouts if they'll give up Ladies Night? Mmmkaythx?

Yea didnt think so.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
For those who are still freaking out or are outraged over this, here is more detailed information about what is actually happening.

First off - Girls in Cub Scouts: Cub Scouting packs have the option to either open up their pack to young girls or remain single gendered:

It is important to note that the program will remain a single gender program. Cub Scout Packs will have an option of being an all boy pack, and all girl pack, or a mixed pack with boy and girl dens.

Boy Scout Troops for Boy Scout will work different:

At the troop level, there will be all male troops and all female troops, it will not be a co-ed program.

So no, it won't be girls and boys together on the troop level (older boys and girls).

This was from a news letter from our district scouting leaders.

If you want to verify the info, you can go straight to it from the BSA itself:

BSA Expands Program To Include Girls

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Changes aren't the cause for concern. It falling in line with this en masse feminist assault on all things male trend, with a particular emphasis on going after the minds of children, that is the hair raiser.

But if change is cool, no more "ladies night", right? We'll give up the Boy in Boy Scouts if they'll give up Ladies Night? Mmmkaythx?

Yea didnt think so.

Oh.. it's a contest now? Guys "give up something" so the ladies "have to give up something?" Huh..

How about instead of that mindset, people judge each thing on its own merits. If there is an overall benefit for ditching ladies night, sure.. let's discuss it! But I don't think the reasoning "because they should have to give up something too!" is sound.

What do girls being in their own groups in the boy scouts, affect the boy scouts themselves in their own troops in ANY way? How is it an assault? That doesn't even make sense. And it's ridiculous to claim that was the reason this was done.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I'm just saying if there's going to be a systematic assault on maleness well that it the surest way to trigger a battle of the sexes, especially on account the ones starting it wouldnt dare compromise let alone taste their own medicine.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

originally posted by: FredT
When my son was a cub scout, we were overwhelmed by the number of sisters of scouts that wanted to get in on the activities and fun. Girl Scouts in my experience exists to sell cookies and other products that benefit the national organization.

Don't you find it interesting that the proposed solution isn't to fix what is broken, but just take from what is successful?

It's an interesting parallel with much of modern society.

^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Why do you keep ignoring the fact that it isn't going to be co-ed? Furthermore this was BSA's own doing, they weren't petitioned to do this by leagues of SJW's. Their membership has been in decline and this is a way to make more money.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny BREAKING: Girls Can Now Join Boy Scouts?!?!

This is weird.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Why do you keep ignoring the fact that it isn't going to be co-ed? Furthermore this was BSA's own doing, they weren't petitioned to do this by leagues of SJW's. Their membership has been in decline and this is a way to make more money.

If they let icky girls into the Boy Scouts when I was younger I probably would have joined because now I join organizations to get away from them.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join