It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats on the inner hardpoint of this F-16

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Was thumbing through Apple News this morning and came across this Military Times Article that showed an Airmen with his laptop and always cool pelican case working (Based on the article he is busy hacking Putins grocery list) underneath an AMRAAM and was puzzled by what was hanging on the inner rail. There is some sort of pitot tube in the front but I'm unsure what exactly that thing is. No forward control surfaces either (at least no fins). Any thoughts?

edit on 10/10/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/10/17 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
sgot a blue stripe....did you see how well it zooms.......electronic seeker idk....those x....y ....axis bars.....but not the one pointing up

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Edit:

It's a p5 combat training system.
edit on 10/11/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
p5 combat training system

The P5CTS is designed to provide real-time and post-mission training for air-to-air, air-to-ground and surface-to-air combat missions by displaying the live-air picture, recording mission data, and relaying time, space and positioning information between participating aircraft during training sorties. Key components of the system include GPS-enabled, aircraft-mounted airborne instrumentation “pods” plus ground stations which will help aircrew conduct, monitor and control air combat training and post-flight debriefing. P5CTS provides the flexibility to conduct training exercises anytime, anywhere.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

The number marking on it "P51437A" actually helps a lot because all P5's seem to have similar numbering starting with "P5".

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Zaphod and the gang will be so Proud of what I did here in this thread today! I couldn't be more honored to tell you the truth!

None of them believed in me, but I showed them!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
Zaphod and the gang will be so Proud of what I did here in this thread today! I couldn't be more honored to tell you the truth!

None of them believed in me, but I showed them!

Threw up a bit in my mouth..

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

ah beat me to it.

and as was mentioned it has a blue strip, that means training round, yellow is HE, green is chem/bio etc

so many anteni it could only be so many things.

chrismarco:

lol gross, everyone needs a fan club
edit on 11-10-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

nukes with F-16

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sammamishman

I like when things smile at me before I eat them.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

They're looking at integrating those into an automatic airborne collision avoidance system. They'll add them into a pod they can carry. That will transmit data that the pod will receive and update the other aircraft in real time.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thanks all!!!!

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Isnt the standard award system around here a pony followed by the Internet?

top topics

join