It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agent Orange Barrel found on Apache Reservation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: evc1shop

Regardless, they were there first. The rest of it is bureaucratic bullish#t.

Edit to add: Stil an interesting post.

I realize that. Up in Canada the Natives there are referred to as The First Nations, at least in the BC areas. My wife also taught Federal Indian Law and Native American law and knows all too well how the BLM works.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I'm sure there are companies that could handle hazardous material removal.

What I'm trying to say, is if it's such a big issue for them, get rid of it. Don't wait for some bureaucrat to do something about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Look how well the EPA handled a mining
cleanup

Gold King mine

Bunch of "Good PR" cleanup pics

edit on 6-10-2017 by TucsonOne because: (no reason given)

That one went right through the Indian Nation.
edit on 6-10-2017 by TucsonOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Depending on the material itself, it can require permits from those self-same bureaucrats in order for an authorized company to move it.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Well that's true I guess.

Found this video, same spot you think?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Looks right.
I can't do sound right now. Do they say how it is known to be agent orange?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

They mention it they got it tested.

If it is agent orange, it appears it's long gone as the grass around the barrels is doing quite well

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You see what you want, so this is for others too, let them make up their own mind

Pollution, Poverty, People of Color: The factory on the hill.

A tidbit

For 100 years, people, mostly blacks, have lived next door to the booming Chevron Richmond Refinery built by Standard Oil, a plant so huge it can process 240,000 barrels of crude oil a day. Hundreds of tanks holding millions of barrels of raw crude dot 2,900 acres of property on a hilly peninsula overlooking the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay. Five thousand miles of pipeline there move gasoline, jet fuel, diesel and other chemical products.

During World War II, African Americans like Clark's family moved to homes in the shadow of this refinery because they had nowhere else to go. Coming to California looking for opportunity, they quickly learned that white neighborhoods and subdivisions didn't want them

Emphasis added by me. Just like the pipeline, other folks get crap moved to somewhere else. You want press, put it in a white suburban neighborhood. It'll be on the 6 of clocks pronto...

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: TucsonOne

You mean the land was given back to them right?

No, it was given to them by America. They never owned the land, just ask them.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

They mention it they got it tested.

If it is agent orange, it appears it's long gone as the grass around the barrels is doing quite well
the barrels would be harmless by now the real danger would be if dioxins bonded to the soil. Cleanup would involve taking away dirt to a depth of 6ft. Then it would need tobe heated to 4000 degrees. To destroy the dioxins id say well outside what a typical company could handle.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This is what a agent orange drum looks like they were green drums with orange band on them.
Most had a light blue primer under the green paint.
www.mynam.nu...

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There is no way to know where they got it or who brought it there. It could have been before it was banned.

I remember when my father found an old box of DDT and brought it back to use in his yard. The same type of thing could have happened there. It is one barrel, who knows. Just get it cleaned up and move on.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

I suspect that these barrels aren't agent orange, but could be another type of herbicide.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join