It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there humans devoid of souls walking this planet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Yes it is possible. Traumatic experiences can cause one to lose their inner touch of their soul. They don't have feelings or feel sensations of different hormones raging in their body or brain. It's not that they lose it entirely but they forget how it feels to be connected with nature or with anything.

They use logic as an explanation for everything (not that it's bad) to deal with the lose of said soul.

Sometimes humans can be born without a soul but used as an instrument by higher or lower dimensional beings. Anything is possible in this world. We can't just accept what is being written in books or on the internet as solid, non-bias proof for everything. There is a deep connection within us all, but that is up for us to open and explore. Or lose that ability and just accept we are flesh and bone and nothing more.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Double..
edit on 9-29-2017 by luciferslight because: Double.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Yeah i heard this before, NPC humans. They work, go to buy stuff, go around, to the movies, to school and so on but you never see a real human inside. They don't care or like anything they just work because you are supposed to work, they go to movies because you are supposed to like going to the movies. They buy hot dogs because you are supposed to like them.

But if you ask about things, attempt to know or be close to them you are always faced with a wall. And the same happens to everyone everyone else that attempts to get close, because it doesn't look like they can do much more than "act" like a human would, unless real feelings, friendship or anything else "human" is involved", then they just dislike whatever you talk about or simply refuse to participate.

I've known people like that a lot of times. So much like it that it makes you wonder, why work so hard if they don't spend the money, they don't buy nice stuff, they don't like traveling, eating nice things or doing anything but work and then going home and sleep? It almost seems like just exactly that, NPCs

edit on 5-10-2017 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Carlos Castaneda and Gurdjieff also talked about soulless people.

“A considerable percentage of the people we meet on the street are people who are empty inside, that is, they are actually already dead. It is fortunate for us that we do not see and do not know it. If we knew what a number of people are actually dead and what a number of these dead people govern our lives, we should go mad with horror.” – G.I. Gurdjieff

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Lol, this thread reminds me of this video I saw awhile back:

Funny stuff.
edit on 5-10-2017 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I remember reading on Tom Montalk's site,the Matrix Articles,iirc,about organic portals.Cannot link i'm on cell but it's helluva interesting stuff he talks about,if anyone wants to check it out.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Electricity is part of everything, but never the thing itself. Always just part of it

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane
I remember reading on Tom Montalk's site,the Matrix Articles,iirc,about organic portals.Cannot link i'm on cell but it's helluva interesting stuff he talks about,if anyone wants to check it out.

That sounds interesting, organic portals. I think i'll check it out.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I know I have a soul - what about you?

How do you know that you have a soul?
Have you seen or heard 'your soul'?
Please elaborate.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
To Me, a soul is a form of energy that can be expanded or contracting inside a physical body.
if its going to be extracted or depart from your body, the power will be off and your brain and heart don't work anymore.

It's called death.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

How are you so sure that any single human has a soul?

Observe yourself for instance - everything you do is due to reasons and causes.

edit on 5-10-2017 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
If you're arguing that psychopaths have no soul, which is a theory I'd agree with, psychopathy is by nature a no-empathy no-understanding no-caring situation, then they estimate as many as 1 in 10 of the population is somewhere on the psychopathy spectrum.

So chances are we all know several.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Kromlech

Are you positive it isn't this guy?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Souls are a spiritual construct. If you believe in souls to begin with.

Now if we're going to debate with the understanding that souls theoretically exist, then yes, some people don't have them.

Ah, the age old tried and true technique of 'otherising' people so one may find it more palatable to act against them.

I have trouble grasping how one can make such a statement with such absolute certainty.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I start off with the assumption that souls are good and that people who do good things, that are good have souls.

I also think that there are bad people in the world. How could they do the things they do if they have a soul?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I start off with the assumption that souls are good and that people who do good things, that are good have souls.

I also think that there are bad people in the world. How could they do the things they do if they have a soul?

Is a person who steals your money to feed his wife and kids bad/soulless? Could the dichotomy of good and evil be a subjectively determined qualifier that possesses a myriad of shades of grey?

This of course also begs the question: what are we basing such certainty of such a thing as a 'soul' on anyways?
edit on 40am17famThu, 05 Oct 2017 09:15:41 -0500America/ChicagoThu, 05 Oct 2017 09:15:41 -0500 by Wayfarer because: grammar and simplicity of language

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Well if you don't believe in a soul then the answer to this question is "yes, all of them".

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Dark low frequency vibrating souls?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
dblpst
edit on 10/5/17 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Just for argument sake, I am working with the assumption that souls exist.

Good people have them, bad people don't.

As for your example? It's a good soul that takes care of his family. But maybe souls are qualitative. Maybe some souls are larger than others.

Maybe a really good person has a bigger soul than a mediocre person.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join