It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hovering, Flickering, Multi-Colored Objects in the Night Sky

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I've been seeing these things the last 4-5 years, generally in fair weather seasons, generally in the Southwest (I believe) night sky. There are two of them out right now, which motivated me to start this topic. Has anyone seen them or does anyone have any input on what they may be?

The two videos below document them. The first is the best zoomed-in footage I've come across for one of these "UFO's." It almost seems to shapeshift. The second is a news piece on them.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
venus and another planet (likely mercury)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

There are a couple problems with that proposition. First is that I (and it seems others) have seen as many as 3-4 of these at a time. The second is that sometimes they appear as far away as a star, and at other times as close as a plane. Also, I don't know that planets flicker in a multi-colored fashion like that?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TombEscaper

Also, I don't know that planets flicker in a multi-colored fashion like that?

stars and planets will flicker in a multi-colored fashion like that when theyre low in the sky or near the horizon.

i see no reason why theyre not stars or planets.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

There are a couple problems with that proposition. First is that I (and it seems others) have seen as many as 3-4 of these at a time.

Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn-those are your 3-4 lights. Here's a hint-if they have a shimmering hue it's more than likely a planet, and the atmospheric composition of Venus makes it look like a star or a UFO. If it has a reddish hue, it's either Mars, Jupiter or Saturn, Uranus and Neptune are harder to spot with the naked eye but will appear to shimmer.

Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Venus and Mars are currently visible only just before dawn.
Jupiter is visible for a very short time after sunset so that could be one of them.
Saturn, not near sunset.
Uranus and Neptune cannot be seen with the naked eye, much less being eye catching.

Acturus is possible. Very sparkly. Vega also.

The first vid looks droney.

edit on 9/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Could it be drones? Are there any hobby clubs or anything like that near you?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

No worries. A UFO watch group is on it.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
wrong answer...
edit on 23-9-2017 by Plotus because: ooops, sorry, pardon.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Steven Greer in a helicopter?

Lights in the vast dark sky rarely impress me

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Is your camera on auto focus or manual?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I've seen them many times in Texas, from the coast to the hill country.
Could be some sort of weather phenomenon.
The ones I've seen don't really behave like a manned craft.
I've seen them do some crazy zippety-doo-dah maneuvers.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Get the sky map app if you have a smartphone or tablet. Point it towards the lights and see what stars or planets line up

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I agree that stars flicker multi coloured...

But at the end of the second video in the OP, the reporter said he contacted the FAA who then directed him to NORAD. Ok. But whats interesting to me is when the reporter asked NORAD about the lights, their reply was that they did hear of a report of a similar sighting and that they "were still working to determine if the report came from Missouri".
What????!!!!!
"working to determine if the report came from Missouri"???
In other words, to me, its a freakin' UFO...

Who these days in NORAD does not log when and where the report came from. Instead of saying "we've no idea what these lights are, they come out with that mumbo jumbo crap...

I call UFO based on NORAD's inability to lie good...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Not all that shimmers brightly in the sky is a planet! Two years ago, my Husband and I were sharing the wonderful world of astronomy with our grandsons. We were enthralled with the brightness and shimmering of one of the planets. We just sat there talking about how amazing it was to see a planet from earth...when in a blink of the eye...it simply blinked out! Just gone! We both had a 'WTH' moment. With it gone we could see the less dimmer shimmering planet that actually was a little further to the east. We still have no clue. My sciencey, no nonsense hubby, was baffled as to how to explain it to our grandsons.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I can't watch the first video due to it being blocked in my country. The second video is clearly Venus and has been fooling the YouTube crowd since its inception.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

have seen as many as 3-4 of these at a time

there are a bunch of visible planets and theres also the star sirius

and at other times as close as a plane

you explained this one yourself

Also, I don't know that planets flicker in a multi-colored fashion like that?

atmospheric turbulence (not sure i spelt that correctly)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
So much i can say on this topic but wont.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

no problem it isnt what you are thinking just venus, other planets and maybe an drone
also BASSPLYR take a look at this and do your cool trademarked analysis: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

Ill take a look at your thread although i gotta say walking up and down walls sounds like aliens to me. Id have to really think for a moment as to how a entity could pull that stunt. Not everything that goes on is manmade just 99 percent of it. Occasionally youll find a real stumper.

As for weird scintillating hovering lights not all of them are stars or planets. The vehicles will often hover in place playing star for 30 to 60 minutes then just get up and shuffle off through the sky. Sometimes winking out. Teleporting to another location or just start moving off. Sometimes they do some crazy manuevers around a locus and then settle back into their original place. Depends on what their mission is. Often its just to hover on station and act like a observer or to coordinate and transcieve data. Other times theyre there to screw with radar and sensors via crazy manuevers and create breaches for assault aircraft to transgress.
edit on 24-9-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join