It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Calls On DOJ To Release His Intercepted Communications With Foreigners

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Manifort wants all the transcripts released to the public so everyone can see exactly what it is he is being charged with.

What has he been charged with?

It seems he knows his actions and conversations weren't quite what the MSM has been spinning.

He knows his request cannot be granted. It's an attempt to get out ahead of this issue and try to create more doubt with the public.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Spot on.

IN addition, this highlights the tired, irrational and cultish belief from so many that the media that doesn't fit their own conditioned appetite (i.e. either praising or covering for Trump) is to blame for the corrupt possibly traitorous actions of anyone associated with him ... like Manafort, Flynn, etc.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Manifort wants all the transcripts released to the public so everyone can see exactly what it is he is being charged with.

In a real court, or the court of public opinion? there is a difference and even the slow folks realize it.

He and Flynn are already tried and convicted.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Isn't it interesting? Republicans claim they are the overwhelming majority in this country except when it favors their puling claims to argue that "the public" is set against their little cult heroes?

"Those mean people on TV said stuff I don't like. Waaah."

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I know what Manafort wants. The point however, is moot.

Unless his precious President collapses the entire mass surveillance system, on the grounds that it is not constitutional to have it exist, leave alone be used (which, by the way, is an argument which deserves a proper debate, rather than a gloss over, as actually occurred), then he must accept he has no more right to actual privacy, than do the people of the United States, and given the position he was in, as a mover and shaker in politics, significantly less right or access to privacy, than regular citizens ought to expect to have.

As for the nature of the conversations, the point of the matter is that no conversations at all should have been occurring before, during the election campaign, or afterward, between himself and ANY foreign officials, of any kind, for any reasons what so ever. Put simply, foreign relations are handled by the State Department, and no one, regardless of who they are or what hat they have on that day, should be going around back of the State Department, in order to handle foreign relations, or establish separate relations between a party, member of a party, or bloc within a party, and any foreign nationals, residents, businesspersons interested in influence peddling, or operatives of those foreign nations governments.

They could have been discussing the Superbowl, and it STILL would not have been kosher.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

In a real court, or the court of public opinion? there is a difference and even the slow folks realize it.

In a real court. Your post said "Manifort wants all the transcripts released to the public so everyone can see exactly what it is he is being charged with".

What has he been charged with? That court of public opinion garbage is complete nonsense in the context of what you said.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You should consider the possibility that Manafort is a CIA asset.

He always seems to be in the "right" place at the "right" time.

A little too "perfect" don't you think?

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If he were a CIA asset, the FBI would have been warned off three years ago.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

In a real court. Your post said "Manifort wants all the transcripts released to the public so everyone can see exactly what it is he is being charged with".

What has he been charged with? That court of public opinion garbage is complete nonsense in the context of what you said.

So the MSM is not saying that he and Flynn are Russian agents? There haven't been any "leaks" that point to him being investigated? His and Flynn's name in the news is just coincidental to the Russia stuff?

The context of what I said has everything to do with the way the MSM is driving the narrative. The same narrative you are pushing and the same narrative that is falling apart.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Its possible...

The CIA have a tendency to employ destabilisers in nations they want totalitarian mastery of.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

So the MSM is not saying that he and Flynn are Russian agents? There haven't been any "leaks" that point to him being investigated? His and Flynn's name in the news is just coincidental to the Russia stuff?

The context of what I said has everything to do with the way the MSM is driving the narrative. The same narrative you are pushing and the same narrative that is falling apart.

What narrative am I pushing? I'm only asking a question. In one post you said he wants them released so the public can see what he is being charged with, and in another you state he is already guilty in the court of public opinion.

If he and others are already guilty in the court of public opinion, why would the public care about the transcripts to see what he has been "charged with"? Their minds are already made up, correct?

Also, you said nothing about a MSM narrative in your first post. You said he wanted the public to see what he was charged with.

So what has he been charged with?
edit on 20-9-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Paul Manafort Registers as Foreign Agent

WOW, that's not a real court, but it sure a # looks like accusations are being made.

Go figure.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

What narrative am I pushing? I'm only asking a question. In one post you said he wants them released so the public can see what he is being charged with, and in another you state he is already guilty in the court of public opinion.

If he and others are already guilty in the court of public opinion, why would the public care about the transcripts to see what he has been "charged with"? Their minds are already made up, correct?

Also, you said nothing about a MSM narrative in your first post. You said he wanted the public to see what he was charged with.

So what has he been charged with?

the narrative you continue to push with your posts. If you don't understand what I mean, I invite you to go back in your post history, and see if you can spot the trend.

To me, it sounds like Manifort is OK with having all his transcripts released so at least the public (the same ones' that have only heard one side of this story) could hear the other side, his side. But I suppose in this case, only one side matters, amirite?

ETA: and yes, I said "THE PUBLIC", as in the people who have been hearing the MSM tell their side of what horrible things he and Flynn have done.
IF you need to be right on this, I mean if it's one of those thing you just won't let go, please make another post about it, and I will concede that you are right and I was mistaken. My ego can take it.
edit on 20-9-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Paul Manafort Registers as Foreign Agent

WOW, that's not a real court, but it sure a # looks like accusations are being made.

Go figure.

WOW, the actual fact as reported in the article is that Paul Manafort registered as a foreign agent for a pro-Russian faction in the Ukraine.

Duh.

ETA: Just a note ... you probably don't want to accuse others of pushing a MSM narrative when you are pushing the ones from your preferred brand of MSM so hard.

Just a thought.
edit on 20-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

the narrative you continue to push with your posts. If you don't understand what I mean, I invite you to go back in your post history, and see if you can spot the trend.

Sure. Just like Manafort has been charged with something, huh?

Perhaps you should be more concerned about the accuracy and context of your posts so you don't have to rely on ad homs against me.

To me, it sounds like Manifort is OK with having all his transcripts released so at least the public (the same ones' that have only heard one side of this story) could hear the other side, his side.

Well that's a different argument altogether and one I can agree with.

But I suppose in this case, only one side matters, amirite?

Only the truth matters. People that concern themselves with "sides" are more often than not partisan douches.

ETA: and yes, I said "THE PUBLIC", as in the people who have been hearing the MSM tell their side of what horrible things he and Flynn have done. IF you need to be right on this, I mean if it's one of those thing you just won't let go, please make another post about it, and I will concede that you are right and I was mistaken. My ego can take it.

I have no desire to be "right". My point was that Manafort has not been charged with anything, despite what you had posted, and I find that error humorous when you have the arrogance to question other people's intelligence.
edit on 20-9-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The MSM, which, once again for the slow folks, and the ones at the back, includes the heavily right wing, and very broadly watched, not to mention significantly powerful brand which is FOX NEWS!

Give me a break. What you mean by main stream media, is media organisations who refuse to get down on their knees and "service" the "staff of office" of your chosen God, idol, idiot or whatever he is this month.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

LOL, the "side" I mentioned is HIS side VS. the MSM's side. As in, there are two sides to every story. But yea, you are right, I was wrong, and I apologize. I'll try super hard to make sure I don't do it again. Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused you.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

If he were a CIA asset, the FBI would have been warned off three years ago.

They have to play it out and keep it all looking real.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Five Signs that You're Dealing with a Passive-Aggressive - Psychology Today

I should have added my commentary that this suggests why many, like Manafort, do the things they do.

I don't want anyone to take my reference personally.
edit on 20-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join