It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Schoolers Forced To Lay In Dark Room, Wrists Bound As 'Slavery Project'...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The moment your teacher is dressing up realism should be taken for less salt.

The 8th graders understand fiction.

Fiction connects with kids well too, my 8th grade math teach used to take his shoes off and leave them in the classroom to 'watch the kids' when he would leave. Other than snickers about the shoes, no one ever left or acted out for fear the shoes may attack. My 8th grade history teacher literally dressed up, just as this 'slave owner' did apparently, but it was as a Knight and as Napoleon, George Washington, etc. the point is the art to the education is being taken as realism like there is some agenda here other than creating context for this complete ADHD generation to learn something about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism

Agreed

The moment your teacher is dressing up realism should be taken for less salt.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DisinfoEqualsTerrorism
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

No, I'm saying I seriously doubt they were 'captives', the 'bindings' were probably made of paper, and if they needed to use the restroom or leave for any reason, they verbally said "Yo teach, I need to use the bathroom, I'm done with the exercise 'let me go' please, thank you." and it was over.

or should we ban cops and robbers from the playgrounds now too? Because being a prisoner for a 30 minute recess period might scar them in a fictional scenario.
(Verses telling people they will literally go to hell if you don't do what they say for months at a camp.)
Last time I checked cops and robbers on a playground is not a teaching tool in a classroom fostered by SJW educators to push an agenda furthering social division.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Division? Just listen to yourself speak about a fictional exercise.

Protip, SJW is a division 'word'. Any sane person considers social justice a decent condonable part of society. Declaring them the warrior is what makes it them or you that is questionable. And it's you. George Washington himself was a SJW, paradigm means everything.

My teacher made me pretend to be British and I hated that more than I would have hated an extra 'movie day', you clearly never were a kid, and sound more like a warrior than me. A normal 8th grade would laugh at a teacher calling their students slaves for a day.
edit on 21-9-2017 by DisinfoEqualsTerrorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

And this is why we school at home k-12
My child has enough to worry about learning Math, English and Science...she doesnt have any need for racially charged guilt
Exactly, this exercise is s typical values clarification lesson designed to accomplish goals other than the basics of reading, writing, math, English and science. No wonder our kids are behind other countries in education.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Division? Just listen to yourself speak about a fictional exercise.

Protip, SJW is a division 'word'. Any sane person considers social justice a decent condonable part of society. Declaring them the warrior is what makes it them or you that is questionable. And it's you. George Washington himself was a SJW, paradigm means everything.

My teacher made me pretend to be British and I hated that more than I would have hated an extra 'movie day', you clearly never were a kid, and sound more like a warrior than me. A normal 8th grade would laugh at a teacher calling their students slaves.
You are not going to use that bs shaming nonsense to shut me up. What bullocks man! I'm sick of this SJW stuff and they are the divisive ones and when our educators jump on that bandwagon instead of real education it's a travesty. This is a typical values clarification and now that I think about there's worse lessons than this , like asking children about suicide and how they would do it. That's real
Values clarification.
edit on 21-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You are the one drawing lines in the sand, and pointing at a fictional concept "SJW" as the other side, bro.

What was done wasn't even SJW. You are a drone.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

What do you mean by SJW? MLK Jr. was a SJW.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

You are the one drawing lines in the sand, and pointing at a fictional concept "SJW" as the other side, bro.

What was done wasn't even SJW. You are a drone.
Name calling are we? SJW is a term meaning Social justice warrior so I guess as long as it fits an agenda you applaud it's ok. Now that I think about it, the whole thing is s ridiculous approach to teaching. Almost as nutty as using climate change hysteria in place of real science.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Don't even compare this to MLK. What a cheap shot. I don't remember him advocating this. You just totally cheapened the discussion. If you are trying to make me look like I'm
Against being anti slavery let's stop that nonsense in its tracks. But that's the cheap type of argument some people engage in.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You misunderstand social justice is a paradigm. I doubt you understand what social justice warrior means short of 'bad'.

It's sarcastic. Nothing is wrong with social justice, without the word warrior as a sarcastic emblem of it's meaning, it's a positive thing. This has conned you into think social justice is bad, and quite successfully. When I call George Washington a SJW, I'm not joking like MLK, the dude was literally a warrior that killed oppressive Christians over social justice. When you call anyone else a warrior, you basically trying to mock their commitment to helping others, both positions equally sad anyway.

Short of that, none of that even has anything to do with what has happened here. They are not imprisoning them because they are white...It's to give semblance of the situation, while understood to be totally fictional. No one is preaching anything, it's a controversial metaphor, not a social justice warrior(just because you say so).
edit on 21-9-2017 by DisinfoEqualsTerrorism because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Don't even compare this to MLK. What a cheap shot. I don't remember him advocating this. You just totally cheapened the discussion. If you are trying to make me look like I'm
Against being anti slavery let's stop that nonsense in its tracks. But that's the cheap type of argument some people engage in.

But he was a SJW. He advocated social justice for black people. You're the one who cheapened the progressive movement.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

You know , right now I'm
Listening to the inflammatory remarks of Maxine Waters going on about slavery abd how much she hates Trump at some funeral. Totally inappropriate. The problem here is that there is an agenda to atir up more strife and division not heal it. Maxine really is a disturbed and unbalanced individual to be in the office she holds.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: BlueJacket

And this is why we school at home k-12
My child has enough to worry about learning Math, English and Science...she doesnt have any need for racially charged guilt

Especially with you sheltering them from society at large that they will have to deal with, unless, you're stupid wealthy.
Then, hey, your kids could kill mine and claim it was affluenza.
I'm with Bluejacket. Homeschooling is better than allowing the State to use educational "tools" like values clarification to indoctrinate kids in how the State wants them to
Be. I'm all for parents over the State.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
a reply to: Deaf Alien

You know , right now I'm
Listening to the inflammatory remarks of Maxine Waters going on about slavery abd how much she hates Trump at some funeral. Totally inappropriate. The problem here is that there is an agenda to atir up more strife and division not heal it. Maxine really is a disturbed and unbalanced individual to be in the office she holds.

I think there needs to be a call for Maxine Waters' expulsion. Just a little research on this woman reveals how corrupt she truly is and how abusive she is of the taxpayers' money!!

Expel Maxine Waters! Expel Maxine Waters! Expel Maxine Waters! Everybody with me now---EXPEL MAXINE WATERS!

edit on 21-9-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

There is already a huge homeschooling movement by the Right for this type of crazy.

The benefit is despite massive indoctrination as would be assumed the kids learn the basic academia better in a one on one environment.

The problems arise when the parents don't know math, but are a still a religious nut.

Of all the science, Math seems to have an enormous degree of doubt and atheism because it's principally based on logic.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I'm trying, but I don't understand your argument. How is this indoctrination? Furthermore, all education is indoctrination... especially K-12 where the main purpose is to teach people how to be adults and function in society. You can't have education without indoctrination. But putting that point aside... I think you're saying it's liberal indoctrination rather than apolitical and that's what the problem is. Where were politics ever brought into this?

Teaching about slavery generally, most often involves teaching about what happened in Africa, it also often times looks at the political forces at work in the US to end it, and the opposition which relied on it. I don't think that has anything to do with politics, or atleast not with political parties.

And to answer your question about the trauma caused. Being in a familiar setting, not chained down, and made to experience light bondage for a few minutes to a couple hours, while under the supervision of someone who is taking care of you, is a far different experience from slave ships. It might give a person a small amount of empathy and understanding, but it is most definitely not a detrimental experience like a slave ship was.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
The parents do not want this.

Is parents not wanting something enough of a reason to not do it? Furthermore, it went on for years... it was one person who took issue with it, and then a couple more who boarded the complain train.

Parents don't want lots of things, does that mean society should oblige? I'm going to flip this around to what parents want for a moment, because it lets me tell the story of a girl I met a few days ago.

I met this girl at university, she's 17 and basically takes college classes for high school credit. She turns 18 in a few months. Her parents are very much against her going to school, and believe that she should assume a traditional gender role for women. Furthermore, she's engaged to a 16 year old, and she has little say over this. Her parents are strongly encouraging her to have children. They want grandchildren before she's 19, and they believe it's her duty to pump out as many kids as possible, and then stay home and take care of them.

For some perspective, her parents aren't even 40 yet and she has 5 siblings. Her grandparents, I don't know their age but they haven't retired yet. Her grandparents also want her to have children with the nice young man they engaged her to, and to raise their family.

I'm pretty sure they have organized rape sessions with her to get her pregnant as she mentioned the fact that she secretly got on birth control so they couldn't make her have babies she doesn't want.

I am almost 100% certain you would agree with me that what the parents want is irrelevant in this case and that it's a seriously screwed up situation. So if we can say that it doesn't matter what the parents want here as far as their childs future goes, then why can't we say it doesn't matter what the parents want with kids that are just a couple years younger?

Shouldn't the focus be on what's best for the children, not on what the parents want? If that's the focus, then how do the parents wishes factor into the discussion at all?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Is parents not wanting something enough of a reason to not do it?
a reply to: Aazadan

In this case yes.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Something does not sound right with the whole thing. I find it hard to believe that some teacher didn't at the minimum get a good ass reaming and worst some hospital time. You don't touch students-and oh you shouldn't "bind" students hands and make them lay on the floor in a dark room. What the hell is wrong with people?

Thought that didn't need to be said, but I guess it does.

You know what, I thought Progresdives were against any kind of corporal punishment....seems as long as it fits their ideas of what society should be teaching its alright.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join