It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-year-old biracial boy was hung from rope by N.H. teenagers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
So there is this thread, Rapper Lynches a White Child - and - Where Are Liberal Groups in Texas-Florida.feigning outrage yet no thread on this until now.

8-year-old biracial boy was hung from rope by N.H. teenagers because of his race, family says

It was around 5 p.m. on a Monday in late August, and an 8-year-old boy, like so many others that summer evening, was playing in a back yard. The others he was with had a few years on him — some were as old as 14 — and he had no reason to suspect that the picnic table or tire swing nearby would become tools for what his family alleges was a racially motivated near-hanging. That night in Claremont, N.H., took a dark turn, the boy’s family claims, when the teens started taunting the boy with racial epithets and throwing sticks and rocks at his legs. Family accounts of the incident reported by the Valley News allege the teens stood on top of the picnic table and grabbed a rope attached to a tire swing.

Now that s disgusting and was an actual hanging not a depiction by an actor. Also notice the terminology used when describing these boys..

An 8-year-old biracial boy's family claims a group of white teens attempted to hang him

Claremont authorities have said they are investigating the attack but did not comment on specific details of the case because it involves juveniles. "These people need to be protected," Claremont Police Chief Mark Chase said of the teenagers accused of hanging the boy. "Mistakes they make as a young child should not have to follow them for the rest of their life."

yet when conservative sites or police themselves describe young black teenagers, it is either thugs, menacing, young adult...etc.

Does anyone else see the double standard here? Also if using a child as a prop in a hanging was so awful...where are the outcries when it actually happened to one..all I see and here from that side is tumbleweeds rolling by and crickets. You know the side that is in no way connected or has ideals like the kkk...etc. Apparently this wasn't newsworthy to them because the only ones who ever bring this type of story up are people from the left. Show one thread where the right leaning members have brought up issues like this.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I wonder, where did they get the idea to do this?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught9966

I'm fond of the idea that everyone stops hanging each other. Regardless of race, as crazy as that may sound to many.

link   

If this is true, then this is something that deserves an outcry from the nation as one.

This is what deserves the attention of our leaders.

link   

This has gone too bloody far (like a long time ago)...

But - seriously - WHAT DO WE DO???

So flipping sad I can hardly stand it.

peace
edit on 3946Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

In recent months, there have been sporadic reports of racially tinged incidents throughout northern New England. New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine are among states with the highest percentages of white residents — about 95 percent — in the country.

On Monday, Jasper Hill Farm in rural northern Vermont posted a photo on social media showing a swastika that had been spray-painted on its barn. Earlier this year, police in at least four cities in Maine received reports of fliers promoting the Ku Klux Klan.

www.nytimes.com...

what gets me is they go off about this rapper, they go off about the lady with the trump head, they go off about some play that has a ceaser that looks like trump who is killed.... and in at least two of those cases, they were claiming that it would provoke people to do stupid things, like try to kill the president....
but I bet that they don't believe that pictures of the kkk marching down the streets of charlottesville, kkk and white separatists flyers being left around for those kids to find, parents possibly listening to videos of some of the wackos (alex jones possibly??) might have influence those teens in what they did.

the kids don't have the same level of self restraint and common sense we adults do.. if they are hearing hatefull rhetoric being spouted by those they look up to, they will act accordingly.
freedom of speech is a right for all of us, but it comes with responsibilities.
if you don't want the kids around you, be they yours or someone's elses to be cursing, well then don't let them hear you cursing. if you don't want them singling out certain people in your community to tease and bully, well don't you single them out and talk crap about them. if you don't want them to be lynching their friends and neighbors.... quite acting like racism is a natural and acceptable way of life!!!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The police chief says protection is a big concern. Well, details as to why this happening in this day and age need to be revealed.
edit on 13-9-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

But it's ok for the rapper to do it because that's "reverse racism," right? It's all bad, and it all promotes incidents like this. On both sides, for all races, for all our children.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I never like to speak for others, but i believe every member on ATS will be sickened and outraged by this. It isn't left/right. It isn't white, black, brown or purple. The issue is much deeper. I know not where the anger and hatred that infests the minds of so many comes from, but this along with so many other stories show that something is terribly, horribly wrong in our society.

I wish i had the answers. I think we all wish we did... but no one has cracked the code as of yet. One thing I know for certain is that we have to stop this "left vs. Right". All it does it further the divide.

An attack on a fellow human, no matter their background, will hurt us all in the long run.

After all, we're all in this together. As cliché as it may sound, it's true.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

What do we do?

Society comes down on these little savages like the proverbial wrath of God from the Old Testament.

Frankly, these little bastards need to be taught a lesson--one I'd personally be willing to teach 'em. I despise bullies. I despise cowards--these jackholes are both.

These aren't misunderstood youth who stole a twinkie, or a soda...these little savages tried to murder another kid.

Pardon the pun, but it's time and past for the kid-gloves to come off.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

If you can't tell the difference between what was a staged stunt, however stupid, and this, which was attempted murder then I'm not sure what to tell you.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Kids. The oldest is 14. Should the investigation prove the grandmothers second hand account as fact, then the parents and to a lesser extent, the kids be punished.

Hate crime? Life in prison? Death? I don't agree with any of those that the twitverse is putting out on this, however I do feel, if true, they should be made an example of.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

I'm fond of the idea that everyone stops hanging each other. Regardless of race, as crazy as that may sound to many.

Right! As Rodney King said, after LA police beat the crap out of him...

"Can't we all just get along?"

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Of course I can tell the difference. But are you going to tell me children and teenagers aren't influenced by pop culture?

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This happened 2 weeks ago.

And today the headlines are all over the place.

Hmmm

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

a reply to: dawnstar

But it's ok for the rapper to do it because that's "reverse racism," right? It's all bad, and it all promotes incidents like this. On both sides, for all races, for all our children.

This actual action was far worse than any staged stunt. However, both can trigger demented nutjobs into trying to make an even bigger bang, for the publicity. Especially in this day and age of instant visual and verbal communications.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Of course I can tell the difference. But are you going to tell me children and teenagers aren't influenced by pop culture?

No one was harmed in X's video. It's entertainment, like a movie.

This boy was actually hung.

There's a big difference.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

You realize the kids who did this to the bi racial boy weren't copying the rappers video?
So, no they weren't influenced by pop culture. With younger children racism usually manifests in the home.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

No one was harmed in X's video. It's entertainment, like a movie.

This boy was actually hung.

There's a big difference.

Right. There is. Did you read my post you quoted? I'm not saying one is better or worse than the other, I'm saying it's all vile. And kids are impressionable. And adults are acting stupid.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

no the rapper has the same responsibility... freedom of speech ya, but this was a stupid thing to do!!!
but, I haven't heard about any white kids getting lynched for real, have you??? the rapper might go down like the lady with the fake trump head did, in disgrace.
there's a story about the one part in my post...

one day my neighbor came over to my house complaining, quite rudely really, about one of my son's "potty mouth".. claiming he called her a word.. well, I knew he didn't hear that word in my home although we all heard that word being shouted up and down the streets at night while my kids laid in bed trying to go to sleep. most of them didn't work, so they didn't have to get up in the morning like we did.. so they all gathered at a house down the street, let their kids stay up late and run wild while they sat around drinking. so I very calmly told her that my kids never heard that word spoken in my home and the only time they did here was at night while they were trying to sleep... and it was coming from the outside!! then I told her she shouldn't expect my kids to act more adults than the adults were acting and shut the door on them....
then I turned to my kids and talked to them about their "potty mouths"...

what I am saying goes for everyone, be good examples to the kids, unless of course, you want a bunch of disrespectful monsters to contend with!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join