It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls To Imprison "Climate Change Deniers" Grow In The Wake Of Hurricane Irma

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Yes, the new inquisition believes you should be imprisoned if you "blaspheme" their gods (i mean causes). Now, I have to admit I find it quite funny that the Pope and the Church Of Rome are so involved with this particular "cause".

www.zerohedge.com...

That is the kind of talk that could get policymakers who heed her research hauled before the justice system, if some of those in the climate change movement have their way.

“Climate change denial should be a crime,” declared the Sept. 1 headline in the Outline. Mark Hertsgaard argued in a Sept. 7 article in the Nation, titled “Climate Denialism Is Literally Killing Us,” that “murder is murder” and “we should punish it as such.”

The suggestion that those who run afoul of the climate change consensus, in particular government officials, should face charges comes with temperatures flaring over the link between hurricanes and greenhouse gas emissions.

“In the wake of Harvey, it’s time to treat science denial as gross negligence — and hold those who do the denying accountable,” said the subhead in the Outline article, written by Brian Merchant.

edit on Tue Sep 12 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Climate change deniars are not real, it was fabricated by the Russians when they were having high tea in north Korea discussing who to nuke next. I read that somewhere on facebook, or twitter or something.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
How about we just ignore and defund those who refuse to accept the reality and scientific certainty of climate change for monetary or other reasons.

+56 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This would be funny if it weren't so damn scary.

Imprisoning people for their beliefs and thoughts seems so 17th century.

WTF is wrong with people.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Yea well this marky dude.....is just so sure of himself,

I think anylists would label him needs to get outside more

pretty big stretch to say someone is murdering with climate....wimpy shrimpy dude[

quick, tell him the climate is hangin tough for us lately....and will he please try to emulatee

ditby]edit on 12-9-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

+39 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I was born, and raised as a Roman Catholic... if the Pope says that Climate Change is an issue, then it most certainly is NOT.

Read into that statement any way that you like...

The simple truth is, if there is money to be made the Vatican will push the agenda. The Roman Catholic church sold its soul a long time ago...

The call to imprison anyone that "denies the truth" is not a new idea. Hitler, Stalin and Mao are but recent examples of a pattern of behavior that goes back centuries.

If the state says that it is so, then it must be...

This is treacherous territory...
edit on 12-9-2017 by madmac5150 because: Alien butt spanking

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Are you one of the A G Crusaders?

www.zerohedge.com...

As the Washington Times notes, Curry's comments only served to further enrage Al Gore's climate change crusaders who promptly ramped up their calls to imprison anyone with the audacity to present any data and/or question, in any way, climate models which should be accepted as proven fact...even though they're subjective and highly sensitive any number of input variable

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Climate change is a load of bull# .

link   
I found the source to be difficult to fathom. Is this just one dude's wet dream?

+1 more 
link   
I would like to think those are fringe opinions, but to suggest jail time for wrongthink is ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

On the other hand knowingly being deceptive is another matter.
insideclimatenews.org...

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
"Calls To Imprison "Climate Change Deniers" Grow In The Wake Of Hurricane Irma"

Well then if they are calling for that, then I'd like to have a call for those same people to kiss my a$$.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

They actually don't care much about "deniers" like you. Small potatoes.

It's the big boys they're after.
edit on 9/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

They actually don't care much about "deniers" like you. It's the big boys they're after.

Your assuming what about me?

You know what they say about assuming, right?

I never said either way on the climate thing, but the minute people wanna lock up others for their beliefs, people like those can kiss my a$$.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I found the source to be difficult to fathom. Is this just one dude's wet dream?

No. It's been percolating around in the hard green movement for years.

At their core, they're Malthusian, and with that belief, they believe that a *lot* of people have to die. So what better way to get the ball rolling than to just simply bump off the ones who don't think like they do? I mean, what did you expect? Them to go first?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Who said anything about locking someone up for their beliefs?

Have you read the source articles? Or are you just going by what the article in the OP says about them?

Zerohedge is not exactly an unbiased source.
edit on 9/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

It sure is.

Kinda like when conservatives send their gay kids to get retrained to not be gay.

We live in some backward times.

+22 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

On the other hand knowingly being deceptive is another matter.
insideclimatenews.org...

Good grief, I had to go deep to figure out what the actual investigation was...

The New York and Massachusetts investigations focus on whether past statements by Exxon questioning climate change science and downplaying its risks to the company constituted a form of fraud against its shareholders or the public.

How the hell is this even an issue? Questioning flawed computer models is now a crime?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I mean in the source material.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Who said anything about locking someone up for their beliefs?

Have you read the source articles? Or are you just going by what the article in the OP says about them?

Zerohedge is not exactly an unbiased source.

But "Inside Climate News" is? Oh wait, they call themselves non-partisan... that makes it better.

(Then they declared Credo is a 'carrier with a conscience'... sheesh)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join