It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So remmeber that time a USN Skyraider dropped a Toilet bomb.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
You have to love the esprit de corp you see with military units. VA-25 was no exception. In this case, those fun loving swabbies decided to take a broken toiled, attach it to a hard point on a Douglas Skyraider and drop it on the VietCong. If you look at the picture they spent alot of time on details including a arming propeller.

The crews actually managed to keep the airboss from seeing it until right as it was shot off LOL The toilet was dropped and almost hit the plane.

www.eugeneleeslover.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Great for a laugh when the boy are 1000s of miles from home.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Brings new meaning to "everything but the kitchen sink."

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I remember seeing an actual print of that photograph on the wall of VA-25's Ready Room when I toured the Ranger in 1984.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

edit on 8-9-2017 by intrptr because: redacted, Gut beat me to it...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

My squadron (602nd SOS) tried to replicate the swabbies' atunt but couldn't find a porcelan toilet in NE Thailand. But we carried averything else:Mark 82s;Mark 84s; napalm, rocket pods; extra fuel; pamphlet pods; bomblet pods. And do it for hours ad hours and hours. They really should update the A-1 for COIN work. Stick a monster PT-6 on it and watch it go. Although there is something magical about the sound of a 3350 starting up. If the industrial revolution had a sound, it would be a starting Skyraider. I put in 430 S&R and CAS missions in the SPAD (single place AD) and when they made us switch to the F-4 I wanted my Skyraider back.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Almost as good as the MkIX Spit carrying beer kegs to Normandy from England.

new topics

top topics

join