It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: SNAP EBT Down For Much Of The Country

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I see people using their EBT cards all the time to buy swishers so they can roll up their sweet smelling blunts.

Truly hard times they've fallen upon.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

I see people using their EBT cards all the time to buy swishers so they can roll up their sweet smelling blunts.

How are they using food stamps to buy cigars?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Because it's not really enforced. It's up to the clerk. I've also seen people get cash back from their EBT cards after a purchase, say for some chips, then use the cash for booze.

Good times.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Because it's not really enforced. It's up to the clerk. I've also seen people get cash back from their EBT cards after a purchase, say for some chips, then use the cash for booze.

Good times.

I've never seen this. Ever.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Good times.

I've never seen this. Ever.

If they ever do that the stores will be shut down faster than you can say EBT.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

How are they using food stamps to buy cigars?

Real common around here.

Why food stamp fraud is 'fairly rampant' at corner stores in some Chicago neighborhoods

The temptation proves too great for some retailers. Since October 2014, more than 140 stores in Chicago and another 34 in suburban Cook County have been permanently disqualified from the $75 billion federal food stamps program, officially known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP. All but one of them were kicked out for trafficking, according to data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

"Just like downtown" as they say around Chicago.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And they lose their stores.

Bye bye.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Way back when I first moved Georgia I budgeted $20-$25 a week to buy nothing but staples because that's all I could afford at the time.

On one trip at discount grocer the 300 pound woman ahead of me flipped out the "eagle" card on two carts of carb/suger/box meals along with sodas as trophies hung on sides. She had some adult beverages and cigarettes that she paid for off of a rubber banded 3 inch roll of cash produced from her purse.

Once she'd checked it didn't take long for me to pay for my meager bit of staples with cash I earned.

Out in the parking lot she was still loading all the "crap" food paid for on an "eagle card into her brand new - still dealer tagged Cadillac Escalade.

I was outraged knowing how tight I was running to see someone who basically did not care one wit about actual poor people - just out in the open taking extreme advantage of the taxpayers.

Some of you "neer do wells" can deny all you want but this happened to me and I bear witness.

I also bear witness to riding school bus for years going by "projects" in an upstate New York city and seeing every manner of new luxury automobile parked outside those government provided homes when at same time my parents struggled with 10+ year old cars with no "public" assistance.

Who's gonna call me a liar for what I've witnessed on a consistent longterm basis over decades.

Bring it the # on cause you'll be full of "snip"

Like I said some deserve the help, most just take it.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: Gryphon66

Personally know of someone who lies through their teeth for years about employment and marriage in order to collect benefits not at all due so they can go vacation, afford latest cell phones and designer shoes/clothes and of course drive a newer car.

It's been reported years ago, multiple times, nothing was done, nor changed.

Better part of a decade going on.

Yes some folks actually need it, betting 50% are killing it for those actual needy persons.

And I know of somebody on EBT who took a homeless guy shopping for food and got her benefits revoked. Knowing her story makes stories like yours difficult for me to believe. It makes the "welfare queen" trope hard to believe.

I'm not saying you are lying but some of you with welfare queen stories have to be lying. Because I deal with a lot of impoverished folk and I've never come across that.

And for every story like yours, there are hundreds if not thousands more of fraud. I see it all the time. I live in a state that has a moderate amount of food stamp usage, and I know of tons of people in my area that have been on them for ages.

A lot of people around here live on welfare and sell drugs, while driving a nicer vehicle than me, and eat better than I do.

Oh yeah?! Well I can post even more anecdotes! Lol.

Lol. None of them mean anything other than to cancel each other out and make chain emails for people to bark at.

Truth is, there is no proof of it. Unless you want to try to cheat the system and report back to us, there's no validity to it.

Lol, no proof? Look around you. Might want to leave your bubble and explore the world a bit more. You can sit here and defend fraud all you want, I for one don't approve of it because I drag my sorry carcus out of bed to make an honest living, and I despise people gaming the system

You will find 0 sympathy from me regarding welfare and its ilk.

Also, your heart warming story of a lady giving her food stamps to a homeless person is indeed, fraud.
edit on 9/4/2017 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Are you going to provide a proof for welfare queens?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Sure, you want me to stop my daily activities of making money, creating my own life, owning my own possessions through hard work and dedication to prove to a couple people on an obscure message board that welfare queens exist?

It doesn't matter if I lined up 100 proven welfare queens, you'd all just plug your ears and shout "blah blah I can't hear you"

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Sure, you want me to stop my daily activities of making money, creating my own life, owning my own possessions through hard work and dedication to prove to a couple people on an obscure message board that welfare queens exist?

It doesn't matter if I lined up 100 proven welfare queens, you'd all just plug your ears and shout "blah blah I can't hear you"

So you can't prove it?
That's what I thought.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

So you can't prove it?
That's what I thought.

What is proof? Lets be real here, and quit deflecting. All you're doing is just pretending that it doesn't exist so you can try and claim the moral high ground.

Give me a break please.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I never said it doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I never said it doesn't exist.

Ok.. and you're asking me for proof, but claim that you never said it doesn't exist?

Your point is moot. If you're trying to collect stars from your moral soapbox then I hope you get all of them. Lol. I think you're just being reactionary.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

People claimed here they witnessed "welfare queens" in action. All I am asking is for proof.
BTW Reagan started it:
Reagan

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'll share a personal story that might put my views into perspective for everybody.

For 2 years I was practically starving, ate 1 cheese sandwich a day for 2 years.. then I earned enough money to take care of myself, and I'm no longer starving.

Not once did I EVER consider taking welfare/EBT. I rather starve to death than rely on taxpayers/government to support me. Its called pride, and it'd do a lot of people good to have some # pride. This is why you will never see me on ATS championing welfare or social programs. There are too many takers, and not enough producers.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

People claimed here they witnessed "welfare queens" in action. All I am asking is for proof.
BTW Reagan started it:
Reagan

Here's some proof for you. At least 4 of my neighbors collect welfare benefits. On top of that they all do pills or meth. 2 of them are known prostitutes.

Every time I go to the gas station I see able bodied people using EBT cards to pay for junk food. I mean I can't just go around filming people about their welfare fraud.. You need to leave your house and witness it first hand to believe it.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Gave up the $140 cell plan/phone for Walmart pay as you go flip phone - check!

Turned in the $150/mo. Big screen to the rent/buy center and got $100 20" - check!

Cut up bank/credit cards - check!

Self repoed the $700/mo car and now drives 10+ year old clunker - check!

Turned off cable/satellite TV due it's $150-$200 month cost - check!

Sold all the "nike" footwear, sports team clothing and designer wear at yard sale - check!

Buys staple foods requiring preparation for half cost of prepared foods - check!

These are but some of the items someone who's truly needy will go without out or make change to before going on public assistance - they are ones who at least make effort.

The rest that don't, I do not have kind words or thoughts.

Been there myself and not much pity for the gamers.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yes I have witnessed. And they always end up in jail. And stores closed by force.
Are you actually telling me that our government allow them to continue their fraud?
edit on 9/4/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join