It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI, Homeland Security warn of more ‘antifa’ attacks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Grambler

It depends if their is a pre planned conspiracy for violence. If they turn up people saying bring sticks to bash trump supporters do you think the rally should continue and then not have enough police to stop the violence?

Isis?

At what point is domestic terror censored to stop recruitment? I don't know that answer but bring up actual situations that are hard to know what is correct. I assume it's allow speech and stop the violence when it happens but it seems neither the feds not the state can do so..

Funny in liberal Boston everything was fine. The made arrests and it didn't get crazy.

Well that is a call for immediate violence, so no it should not be allowed.

But the issue is not all of the recent protestors have been antifa, so until the violence starts, it is risky to shut down free speech.

Your stance on here seems to be that the feds should be everywhere where antifa may show up, and I think this is draconian and will lead to government censorship of non violent free speech, and I am against that not matter which political party does it.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

They have been popping up all over Europe.

Another poster has some interesting links to Russia.

It's not always the liberals you know. Sometimes it goes beyond partisan politics.

You obviously do not understand my post. I am suggesting this is a manufactured situation to bring civil disorder to the country. Doesn't matter who the bad guys and good guys are, ask yourself who wins? Didn't you bring up the Patriot Act? Think about it.......

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

That is not my stance. My stance is the feds already are everywhere. There are fbi all over the San fancisco Berkley area.

That and after you had one violent rally you can assume the next one is a good place to be, especially if your monitoring their communication.

If DHS is worried about a domestic terror group they should have officers on site.

Ate you sayin if ISIS is about to attack the us and they give warnings they are not actively trying to stop it?
edit on 1-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I agree then. I just don't think I can pretend I know who the players are and assume they are a political rival because of emotions.

I

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Funny in liberal Boston everything was fine. The made arrests and it didn't get crazy.

Because the local police did their job.

I am not claiming every liberal leader allows this to occur. To the contrary, I think true liberals welcome free speech.

But there are leaders in places like Portland, Berkeley, Sacramento, etc. that have seemed to allow antifa to run amok.

I am not saying that leaders on the right wouldn't do the same; but the mainstream media, academia, politicians and culture have all long denounced right wing extremists, and so local leaders would be lambasted for allowing this type of extremism to go unpunished.

But that is exactly what happened with left wing violence in places like Berkeley. And we saw when someone like Trump dared to call out antifa, he was tore apart for it.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Well I agree with a lot of that.

Trump was torn apart because IMO he doesn't understand optics. It wasn't the time to say that in my opinion. Especially knowing the antifa nuts would give him a chance in a week or so to talk about it .

IMO he said the truth but didn't understand the need to address the optics of nazis marching with weapons and torches, and kill a person not related to the violence.

And I assume it's the same reason the dems didn't discredit antifa, any strong condemnation destroys part of your voting base.

After the first Berkley rally went south you would think the feds would step in if they are domestic terrorists.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: xuenchen

Ever give a thought that a few of these so called Nazi groups aren't possibly manufactured as well? Consider this. Antifa alone, would have warranted action long ago. Therefore TSG had to create an enemy and that enemy was these Nazi groups. Had you heard of any of them before? I hadn't. Isn't it odd how they just popped up? Hegelian dialectic!

90% of them are.

Hegelian dialectic 100%

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Both sides are fueling each other's fires. Everyone involved in this is an idiot.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
That is why they wear masks. That way they can send anyone in to start chaos and claim it to be the uncatchable boogie man.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
That is why they terrorize in select progressive counties, where they have cooperation of the local police through town councils and mayors ordering them to stand down. From the top down it is a coordinated effort and the Left are using terror in advancing their progressive politics.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Donahue25911
Both sides are fueling each other's fires. Everyone involved in this is an idiot.

Someone's pushing them together. Maybe they're just total pawns being moved around a board.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

I think so. You have bitter rednecks on one side and idiotic college kids on the other. Probably an Arab spring like stir. But from who?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Million dollar question.
I understand why people think the left would use Antifa but I don't see how the right benefit from neo nasties. However, I'm sure both groups exist independently and they've been coerced into these violent situations.
The required result is chaos.
Trump can't win because, as we've seen, both sides cause him problems. If he let's it go on he'll be seen as weak but if he clamps down he gets accused of being a dictatorial fascist Nazi.
Either way, its a massive headache and distracts from other things and the media gos nuts.

I have also considered that its partially to give protests a bad name so laws will be made to limit or ban mass protests. Again. He gets accused of dictatorilism and there maybe future events which should be protested which will have been neutralised far in advance by current events.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Did you not read the article? and you are still saying we are working with police to protect us? we are Anti-Police

at least the article didn't go on this 'Soro's conspiracy" nonsense...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
OMG, more statue attacks? Run. run for you life!

Pffft...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

IMO trump can't win because of his lack of ability.

And your talking about a group on the right that proposed the Patriot act so I don't see much difference in party.

The distraction they cause could also be simple misdirection. Focus here while we do xy and z

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

Did you not read the article? and you are still saying we are working with police to protect us? we are Anti-Police

No we are saying you are cowardly violent thugs.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

And are you anti police or just wanting them to get better training? Being anti police as a concept is a stupid as it gets. But then again so is anarchy.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

No we are saying you are cowardly violent thugs.

That hate Starbucks windows. Don't forget that part.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It is a known fact Soros is funding this.

The is not even trying to hide it anymore,
big name crocodiles like Clinton, Lynch, Obama
all openly court Soros funding.

Look no further that Podesta's leaked emails....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join