It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discarded Banana Peel Causes Racial Hysteria at Ole Miss

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You linked an article from a racist Anti-Trumper, it has no value.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I don't condone what he said at all, but to be fair, that isn't racism, that's being prejudice.

Had he said "I hate black people because they are stupid and lazy with no accountability"

That's racist.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
a reply to: IAMTAT

How are these students going to survive in the real world if they are driven to tears over something like this?

Living off the government , my taxes , and their parent's social security .

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Some grade a fertilizer... Wait i thpught bananas were supposed to be a gay thing?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Whose the triggered snowflakes now?

If a black student left an empty box of Saltines outside a white frathouse, there'd be a race riot.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

If a black student left an empty box of Saltines outside a white frathouse, there'd be a race riot.

I would be thankful for the snack. Especially if I'm making soup.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: trollz

They won't. They'll remain jobless, live off welfare, have multiple children outside of marriage, and then claim the evil white people held them back.

Yeah, they're so silly to be offended by a banana peel because clearly there are no racists spouting racist # in the world.

Because the only racists are whitr people, not nonwhites whom endlessly obsess about race.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Ok. So after reading the article I see the problem. Let's review.

She said the image was especially disturbing in light of an incident on American University’s campus in May of this year. The morning Taylor Dumpson was to take over as the school’s first female black student government president, students found bananas hanging from nooses across campus. Some of the bananas were inscribed with references to Dumpson’s sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha.

So at that University, there was an incident involving some asshats hanging bananas from nooses.

Now this news is starting to make some sense.

yeah, that jumped out at me too. i notice todd starnes didn't think it was worth including in his hot take.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

When I read the OP, my eyes rolled back so far, I saw my own brain.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
So banana peels represent Black people now?

I guess so... Crazy huh?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What I don't understand is, how did the three students that first discovered the banana peel in the tree, know the race of the person who ate the banana and tossed it there?

A person of ANY ethnicity could've eaten the banana. Isn't assuming the 'banana eater' was white, a racist assumption in itself?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
i'm surprised how many of you have such deep trust that the OP is not slanting things that you're not even reading the original article, which includes a more clearly racist incident related to bananas.

i thought this was the place where people seek the truth, not follow each other around like bleating sheep when something tickles their 'that's the way i already think!' bone :p

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yeah, no.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
What I don't understand is, how did the three students that first discovered the banana peel in the tree, know the race of the person who ate the banana and tossed it there?

A person of ANY ethnicity could've eaten the banana. Isn't assuming the 'banana eater' was white, a racist assumption in itself?

did you even read the whole original article yourself, before you rushed to post something about how dumb it all was? or did you just read todd starnes vomit article about it?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I don't even know why I'm bothering. This is a thread for right-wingers to dismiss the existence of racism while one of their peers says some racist bull# and they're all either in agreement or too lacking in character to call him out for it.

Ole Miss has a long history of racist incidents which shouldn't be all that surprising, considering it's in Mississippi. Here's a frat boy pleading guilty last year to hanging a noose around a statue of James Meredith, the first black student at Ole Miss who went on to be a USAF veteran and prominent figure in the Civil Rights movement.

Former Ole Miss student pleads guilty to hanging noose around statue honoring the first black student

BRO?! Why are they so sensitive BRO?! They're just going to "remain jobless, live off welfare, have multiple children outside of marriage, and then claim the evil white people held them back" anyway? Amirite bros?

Would you support that statue being torn down instead?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
i'm surprised how many of you have such deep trust that the OP is not slanting things that you're not even reading the original article, which includes a more clearly racist incident related to bananas.

i thought this was the place where people seek the truth, not follow each other around like bleating sheep when something tickles their 'that's the way i already think!' bone :p

I'm aware of the incident, but I'm going to reserve judgment that this kid wasn't intending to be racist just because of a previous incident, unlike others in this thread.

You see, they climb up on their high horse with their "#NotAll________" and such, but conveniently forget what they preach when its time to swoop down from on high and rescue the minorities.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Ok. So after reading the article I see the problem. Let's review.

She said the image was especially disturbing in light of an incident on American University’s campus in May of this year. The morning Taylor Dumpson was to take over as the school’s first female black student government president, students found bananas hanging from nooses across campus. Some of the bananas were inscribed with references to Dumpson’s sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha.

So at that University, there was an incident involving some asshats hanging bananas from nooses.

Now this news is starting to make some sense.

Still doesn't make sense as compared to a banana peel on a tree.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

If they didn't leave some cheese then yea, it's going down.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

a reply to: projectvxn

It was a racist act. Read the article I linked.

So the student is definitely a racist?
I, too, have eaten a banana and tossed the peel. Does that make me racist too?

I note you left out the historical racist reference associating bananas with black people in your OP. Thats why I brought the link about it last page. But go ahead and 'dummy up' now.

What huh, eating a banana isn't racist, leaving a peel in front of a black frat house, 'dangling from a tree', is.

Nothing was dangling from a tree. The peel was tossed on a tree, where it sat.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's hard for me to take you seriously when you can't even bring yourself to call out overt racism in this thread. You care about real racist things? Here you go:

originally posted by: trollz

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

How are these students going to survive in the real world if they are driven to tears over something like this?

They won't. They'll remain jobless, live off welfare, have multiple children outside of marriage, and then claim the evil white people held them back.

Now's your chance.

Stereotypes aren't made up out of the blue. I'm sure you're fully aware of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join