It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian girl put into foster care with non-English speaking Muslim family

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Its worth pointing out, that since this story broke some things have come to light which rather put a different complexion on things.

First of all, the specific family concerned speak perfect English, according to the council concerned, who also point out in a report in the Guardian, that the family is actually of mixed heritage. Also, the Daily Mail report was paired with an image which has done the rounds on social media. The image published with the report, shows a woman sporting a covered face and in the familiar coverings of a Muslim woman. However, there are two things about this image which are very misleading indeed. First and foremost, the image itself was originally captioned "Happiness couple in Dubai park", and has somewhere between nothing and bugger all to do with the situation at hand. What is more, in the original image, the woman captured in the shot has her face exposed, not covered.

Also, it has come to light that the girl in question has grandparents who are... yes, you may have guessed, Muslim.

So actually, this case highlights nothing at all about the inappropriateness of the fostering system in this country, and rather more highlights the inability of the right wing press to actually get their facts straight. But what more do we really expect, from a collective of obsolete, reactionary has beens, whose grip on reality, much like their control of the minds of the citizen, is collapsing?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I quite agree. The Daily Mail: "You couldn't make it up". Oh. You did.
edit on 31-8-2017 by oldcarpy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

just as a point of order :

and rather more highlights the inability of the right wing press to actually get their facts straight.

yeah - of course - because the UK left wing press have an exemplary record of fact checking

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

True, too.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

at age 5 - did you believe in santa clause ?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I not only believed in Santa Claus, but believed and still believe in Jesus. I also had a very deep connection to my faith, despite my youth, and read my Bible as much as any other book, with enthusiasm and wonder at that age.

Why do you ask?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
Its worth pointing out, that since this story broke some things have come to light which rather put a different complexion on things.

First of all, the specific family concerned speak perfect English, according to the council concerned, who also point out in a report in the Guardian, that the family is actually of mixed heritage. Also, the Daily Mail report was paired with an image which has done the rounds on social media. The image published with the report, shows a woman sporting a covered face and in the familiar coverings of a Muslim woman. However, there are two things about this image which are very misleading indeed. First and foremost, the image itself was originally captioned "Happiness couple in Dubai park", and has somewhere between nothing and bugger all to do with the situation at hand. What is more, in the original image, the woman captured in the shot has her face exposed, not covered.

Also, it has come to light that the girl in question has grandparents who are... yes, you may have guessed, Muslim.

So actually, this case highlights nothing at all about the inappropriateness of the fostering system in this country, and rather more highlights the inability of the right wing press to actually get their facts straight. But what more do we really expect, from a collective of obsolete, reactionary has beens, whose grip on reality, much like their control of the minds of the citizen, is collapsing?

can you drop us a link with those findings ?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phonixfromtheashes

MPs have been urged to launch an inquiry into the placement of foster children after a white Christian girl was reportedly put into the care of a non-English speaking Muslim family.

source

The most disgusting think is the family did not speak English!
What the # are people doing living permanently in Britain when they cant speak English let alone being foster parents? My girlfreind from south America cant even get a 2 week tourist visa yet If your muslim and cant speak English you get to live here!

Secondly how is this not child abuse? Throwing a vulnerable girl into a family that do not respect her culture and belief system......and cant even communicate with her?

Here, let me fix that for you

The most disgusting thing** is the family did not speak English!
What the # are people doing living permanently in Britain when they cant speak English let alone being foster parents? My girlfriend** from south America cant even get a 2 week tourist visa yet .** If you're** muslim and cant speak English you get to live here! ***(so you're telling that 1.- muslim, 2.- speak english = get to live here?, i think you intended this to be something else, but anyway, let's resume...)***

Secondly how is this not child abuse? Throwing a vulnerable girl into a family that do not respect her culture and belief system......and cant even communicate with her? **(well done here)**

Cheers

P.S. I am not even an american citizen nor english is my first language.
edit on 31-8-2017 by ladykhyra because: added p.s.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Here is a link to just one of many articles referring to the girls grandparents being Muslim, either presently or at some stage in their past:

www.mirror.co.uk...

And here is the issue with the image that was used in the Daily Mail:

www.theguardian.com...

Its part way through the article that they deal with the issue of the image, which was originally a Getty hosted image.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Here is a link to just one of many articles referring to the girls grandparents being Muslim, either presently or at some stage in their past:

www.mirror.co.uk...

And here is the issue with the image that was used in the Daily Mail:

www.theguardian.com...

Its part way through the article that they deal with the issue of the image, which was originally a Getty hosted image.

ok..thanks for that. Reading the mirror thing first. You know what I hate...this:

"Documents including the assessment of the maternal grandparents state that they are of a Muslim background but are non-practising. The child's mother says they are of Christian heritage."

On two occasions in th article this was mentioned. Who am I to believe as a casual observer ? Nobody made an effort to set the record straight. As I mentioned in the previous post...if the child has a muslim background...then I see no problem here.

But again..certain things bother me:

like this...

She had "raised some concerns" about the "appropriateness" of the placement but had "at no stage" applied for a change of foster carer, the judge added.

So the mother raised concerns about foster carers. But since she didnt apply for change...then it's ok I guess. It's as if she didnt say a thing.

And again..is the family of muslim background as the judge claims...or are they of Christian heritage as the mother claims ?

So actually, this case highlights nothing at all about the inappropriateness of the fostering system in this country, and rather more highlights the inability of the right wing press to actually get their facts straight.

That's not fair...none of the points of the first report were refuted. It now just appears that the mother and the child are saying one thing...and the system is refuting them. SO it's not exactly as if they lied.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

as for the guardian article...and concerning your own post I qouted in the last post :

is Times regarded as right wing press ?

I'm not versed on this..I rarely read any of the mainstream news outlets.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Of course its fair.

Points in the first report WERE refuted. The family she was placed with DOES speak English, a point which refutes one made in the initial report. The grandparents were actually considering a return to their nation of origin, which may be why the child was not placed with them in the first place, and were no longer practicing Muslims (which suggests to me that they have a Muslim background, but may have converted either to Christianity, atheism, or some other belief system since moving from their nation of origin, to England).

And as for what the mother said...

There is a reason this child is not currently with the mother, at home. There is a reason that the police were involved in taking the child from her home, and in the necessity for the child to be fostered in the first place. Ergo, it is wise to conclude that the mother is far from an impartial figure in all this, since if she were reliable in any fashion, leave alone as a marker of what is, and is not true, the chances are that her child would not have had to have been taken away in the first damned place.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It should be somehow possible to tag the OP of a thread with something like "In the light of recent revelations information in this post may not be accurate anymore" or something like that.

But I don´t see this will work because of time, who´s to judge and all the other things it entails. Or members at least jump to the last 2-3 pages before they post to get an update on the situation, after reading the OP.

I´m not innocent either, because sometimes threads develop so fast, but most of the time I do it.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The mirror is a tabloid newspaper from Britain. In past years i quoted the Mirror not knowing it was a tabloid, and several British members told me that it is a tabloid not to be trusted. I wonder why a British ATS member is quoting a known tabloid newspaper from England.
edit on 31-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Why, because people have been posting stories from known tabloids?... Since when are tabloid newspapers "trusted news sources"?...
edit on 31-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

This is to easy to make you look like a fool. The bible (old testament) states that if a son dishonors his parents, they can crush him with a boulder. If your a Christian, that makes you equally some kind of monster as well by that logic. QED.
a reply to: Wayfarer

Yes very good point.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheInfiniteFantastic
BS. It's called Christians, not Old-testamentials for a reason.
It looks like a Muslim family is/was looking to take away a child of an apostate woman and the judge and muslim social workers are placing the kid from one muslim foster to another.
She may lost her job thanks to lost support of the community or even had an isuue with alcohol. The child shouldn't suffer now only because of the race and a Muslim lobby

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
My grandparents were staunch baptists, therefore, does that mean if I were fostered i would automatically be placed with people as crazy as my grandparents?

Surely the type of household I am immediately from would be more important?

The grandparents being Muslim is not actually relevant.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
My grandparents were staunch baptists, therefore, does that mean if I were fostered i would automatically be placed with people as crazy as my grandparents?

Surely the type of household I am immediately from would be more important?

The grandparents being Muslim is not actually relevant.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It´s not about this topic in general, it happens very often with "trusted" news sources, whatever the individual deems as trustable.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join