It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Love Being A Freemason

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Peace be to you Ophiuchus 13.

Masonically, I have not encountered any such connections. There may or may not be reference in Concordant Bodies or Higher Degrees, but I have not yet progressed beyond Craft Masonry (First 3 Degrees).

Personally, in non-Masonic capacity, and perhaps a bit more Theosophically-minded,... I have many thoughts about your question. As far as Earth life is concerned, and according to generations of naked-eye astronomical observations,... the Sun serves as our physically existential Most High. The Sun is the most massive and most brilliant object interacting with our planet, as it gives light, warmth, stability, and life.

In such a way,... I feel that nearly all of the ancient Solar Disk motifs are using the Sun as a symbol for the unintelligible archetypal Highest Principle (Divine / Absolute); i.e., the physical Most High symbolizing the metaphysical Most High. From here, I believe the Sun Disk may have then evolved into the many Divine Eye symbols that are known to us. Eye or Sun, I feel that they are both symbolic for the Highest Principle.

I feel that the Alchemical symbol for the Sun also adds to this line of thought, especially considering Philosophical Alchemy,... Sun, Gold,... Philosopher's Stone, Inner/Outer Divinity,... etcetera.

Madam Blavatsky also began the, "Secret Doctrine", with similar sentiments:

"On the first page is an immaculate white disk within a dull black ground. On the following page, the same disk, but with a central point. The first, the student knows to represent Kosmos in Eternity, before the re-awakening of still slumbering Energy, the emanation of the Word in later systems. The point in the hitherto immaculate Disk, Space and Eternity in Pralaya, denotes the dawn of differentiation. It is the Point in the Mundane Egg (see Part II., “The Mundane Egg”), the germ within the latter which will become the Universe, the all, the boundless, periodical Kosmos, this germ being latent and active, periodically and by turns. The one circle is divine Unity, from which all proceeds, whither all returns. Its circumference — a forcibly limited symbol, in view of the limitation of the human mind — indicates the abstract, ever incognisable presence, and its plane, the Universal Soul, although the two are one."

"It is the one life, eternal, invisible, yet Omnipresent, without beginning or end, yet periodical in its regular manifestations, between which periods reigns the dark mystery of non-Being; unconscious, yet absolute Consciousness; unrealisable, yet the one self-existing reality; truly, “a chaos to the sense, a Kosmos to the reason.” Its one absolute attribute, which is itself, eternal, ceaseless Motion, is called in esoteric parlance the “Great Breath,” which is the perpetual motion of the universe, in the sense of limitless, ever-present space."

"The Secret Doctrine"

H. P. Blavatsky

From all of these points,... the Eye symbol's human application then becomes a bit more clear,... signifying inner divinity,... the indwelling of God/Holy-Spirit,... knowledge of Self,... apotheosis, enlightenment, awakening, & illumination. The intuitive faculties of mankind arises from these; i.e., Third Eye Consciousness.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Also does coming in direct or physical contact instead of only visual-esoteric contact only with The eye of providence
have effects on the poorer population that interacts more with the dollar it is printed on? As the wealthy or rich probably don't even touch them as much as the poor.
I find FreeMasons to be a interesting subject as masons are builders of society, minds of society and structures for society to interact within in mass.
In short is there a hidden control mechanism within esoteric symbolism associated with the many versions of the eye of RA, including the use of the eye of providence on the smallest dollar?

NAMASTE*******

Once again,... nothing I know of Masonically.

I imagine that the Eye of Providence could help believers to keep their character and deeds within the lines of upright conduct, with the symbol acting as a constant affirmation that God is ever-present.

We very clearly see this type of behavioral control mechanism at play with children who believe in Santa Clause. During the Christmas Season, kids are on their very best behavior, as they believe that Santa is keeping constant tabs on them for being "Naughty" or "Nice", with a reward of gifts or a penalty of coal.

However, in modern Western culture, secularism has been replacing religiously-motivated morals and ethics for quite some time. With the rise of secular culture, society in general is stepping away from the omniscient and omnipresent view of God, thusly; removing the notion of God from the Eye of Providence altogether. Instead, many are now concluding that the symbol represents the totalitarian globalist New World Order; i.e., "Big Brother is watching." The symbol has morphed from a symbol of accountability, to a symbol of paranoia, fear, and distrust.

On a related tangent, according to several Theosophists,... the study, understanding, and focus on geometry and related mathematics may help to bring on a gnosis and/or conscious expansion. As we concentrate on geometric forms and mathematical proofs, we begin to become aware of mathematics' relation to reality and existence. Such a realization of the nuances and archetypal workings of existence can help to bring on creative insights and constructive intuition.

edit on 8/29/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

NAMASTE & thank you for the responses Sahabi

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Through research, I conclude the masons are the heirs of the Knights Templers and Rosicrucian’s and responsible for many of the western advances in science and true mysticism…

Unfortunately, masonry has been maligned to such a degree it’s hard to convince people who do superficial research that they aren’t sinister

The thing about masonry is that it’s based on a universal principle that an external husk must shield truth.

They say--the secret protects itself

Jesus said

Cast not pearls at the feet of swine

Other than similar names of Higher Degrees, I don't have much knowledge nor an opinion on any Templar or Rosicrucian connection to Freemasonry. In researching the original Knights Templars, I haven't been able to find much truth on their esoteric/mystical beliefs or practices. I've pretty much only encountered their Codes of Conduct, false Inquisition allegations that were later cleared in the Chinon Documents, and fanciful folklore.

In Theosophy, we are taught that there is a common strand intertwining all religious, esoteric, and mystical belief systems. I very much enjoy sifting through the different systems to discover that thread, which when plucked, reverberates the same melody.

True depths are intelligible through even the most precise and exhaustive explanations. To quote Madonna from her song, "Frozen":

"You are the key."

originally posted by: skunkape23
I've met a few. They seem to be good guys.
I was tapped to join a lodge, but had no interest.
I've read a bit of their literature.
Enough to conclude that they are inferior to the mighty Subgenius.

But how does your mighty Subgenius fair in contrast to the Flying Spaghetti Monster?

originally posted by: Tulpa

Just be kind to us lot when you eventually take over the world.

I have a bad back and it stops me from running away from danger.

Haha! I am only master over my dog, and if it's any consolation, I'd wager that my dog would say that I was a good shepherd

originally posted by: MiraKhali
how do i join the FREEMASON..

Check the internet for Freemasonic Lodges in your area, then call or message them with your questions and concerns. After fielding your inquiries, if you are still interested, ask for a Petition.

edit on 8/30/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I also want to become one after a long period of struggling to become one.Can someone help me to become a better person I need to be?My email is [email protected]
Best
Clement

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Jackomirror

Contact your local lodge if you're truly interested.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Jackomirror

Contact your local lodge if you're truly interested.

I was and I did.

I don't know why they shut and locked the doors in my face

I just look and sound like this (video below) asking what nights they had the baby barbecues and what the best dressing is to use with baby salad.

Just joking no salad, just freshly grilled Baby back ribs

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Was it the pant suit?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Was it the pant suit?

I don't know,

I figured what better way to impress the local Freemasons for them to sponsor me and allow me to join.

I put on a Scottish accent and wore what I thought was appropriate attire for the situation, I had Scottish rite in mind, hence the Scottish theme.

I am still scratching head, wondering, why, why.

What group or org. wouldn't want something so dead sexy?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Start with the Girl Scouts and work your way up to the bigs where we are.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Start with the Girl Scouts and work your way up to the bigs where we are.

Yeah I tried that

but with a Borat outfit. you know the mankini, I got a pink one instead to try and fit in.

Didn't go too well.

Most likely because I didn't shave my legs

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I'm out of advice then.

Just come to my lodge and bring a 'sandwich'.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I've read all about it, and know people in it. It's no different than joining a hardcore crew or "gang" for a sense of belonging. I also know people who got to 33 and then bailed because of how hollow and soul crushing it is. You are way off on the satanism part. At least, more like faux satanism. The Scottish rite has become so main stream. Do your research on it, it's not as cloak and dagger as you think. People flaunt it now, it's hardly shrouded in secrecy

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColinForReal
You are way off on the satanism part. At least, more like faux satanism.

Tell me more about what your research uncovered about Satanism or faux-Satanism.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColinForReal

I've read all about it, and know people in it. It's no different than joining a hardcore crew or "gang" for a sense of belonging. I also know people who got to 33 and then bailed because of how hollow and soul crushing it is. You are way off on the satanism part. At least, more like faux satanism. The Scottish rite has become so main stream. Do your research on it, it's not as cloak and dagger as you think. People flaunt it now, it's hardly shrouded in secrecy

I'd like to meet some of the 33rds who bailed. I'm a 32nd and may, one day be whisked away to worship Satan, if that happens, I need to know the opening prayer.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

Shame that the majority of conspiracy theorists won't believe a word you have said.

On the contrary, given that he just joined, it's entirely believable what he said.

But, when he reaches the 32nd degree, then we'd like another report

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH
So next weekend?

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason

So next weekend?

I did it in one day. Dave Glattly bonked me on the head and said, 'Thou ist a 32nd Degree, now go forth and worshipeth Satan!'.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: noonebutme

Shame that the majority of conspiracy theorists won't believe a word you have said.

On the contrary, given that he just joined, it's entirely believable what he said.

But, when he reaches the 32nd degree, then we'd like another report

what happens when you reach the 32nd degree?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
what happens when you reach the 32nd degree?

You get to pay more dues.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join