It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Grader Sent to Office, Investigated, for “Pronoun Mishap”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   

edit on 26-8-2017 by GreenGunther because: Post removed due to it being posted out of anger caused by idiocy

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam
How long before we introduce re-education camps for pronoun offenders, I wonder?

This should just be a joke, but it may be prophetic.

Scary times.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

"parent/parents/co-partners, (whatever they call themselves these days)....

hi there murphy.

i am a faggot. i would like to have a family with children someday. when i read comments such as the above quote, it makes my heart sad.

i do not disagree with your argument in general. but i cannot understand why, in every single one of the recent threads of this particular topic, interesting and valid concerns are fouled by such ugly and dismissive asides.

i am not really concerned with what you call me. "faggot" will do, there are others if you prefer. if you don't know what to call me, maybe you could ask?

i do not actually believe that you (or any others here at ATS) mean harm to me. but i think it may be important to remember that we are all humans first and that dignity and respect are necessary to effective communication.
______

speaking to the topic: most (all) the transgenders that i have known are also not terribly concerned with what you call them as long as no harm is intended.

THAT is the message the transgendered boy, his classmates, their parents, and the educators, should be taking home with them.

have a great weekend.
dkp

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tgidkp

That's not the message this incident sent though.

When a girl calls a child she had referred to and thought of as one thing up until a day or so ago by what she used to think of that child as, she ends getting grilled in the principal's office for an hour as though she had committed a grave a serious crime, people tend to get angry.

We are angry.

This is a *child.* Do you honestly think she was being mean or that she just forgot?

But she was treated like a criminal for what was likely an honest mistake. I recall getting bullied by my classmates for an entire year of school and the counselor called me in to *help* me too. Her whole gambit was to grill me about why they didn't like me as if it was all my fault I was getting picked on.

This girl was put in similar situation and I can tell ... it sticks with you.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

But she was treated like a criminal for what was likely an honest mistake.

wouldn't go as far as treated like a criminal, she got hooked into see the head teacher and probably got a long boring lecture she told her parents who then got offended and by the lure of filthy lucre sold the story to the press.
wasn't as if she was on the green mile or had to get lawyered up.
i doubt she or anyone else makes the mistake again, job done.

headline should read 'easily offended parents upset at kids mistake' stop the presses.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Since I have no idea what it's like to be transgender I may be very off, but why the heck is a kid that age even thinking about this stuff? Why are parents so convinced it's not just a phase?

Liberal rep points for the parents.

My Nephew has Spina Bifida. My Sister (his mom) is active in some of the support groups. You would be surprised how many of the parents identify as "special needs" parents. They thrive on the pity that others give to their child. I think that the same thing is happening here.
edit on 26-8-2017 by JIMC5499 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
Hey, I get asked if I'm gay all the time.

Is it your murse?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
We really need to rid ourselves of these Satanic occultists spreading their perversion.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Reading this crap makes me want to move farther away from society/California than I already am.

If we're willing to accept that a 6 year old, with certainty, can choose their gender, then it's a rather short leap accepting that children have sexual "feelings" and should have the right to express them with whomever they "feel" attracted to.

If they have the right to choose gender because "feelings," I don't see how choosing to be sexually active would be prohibited? Because apparently "feelings" are the rule of the day/hold up in court and whenever they're involved, the sky's the limit.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I'm pretty sure part of the reason why people say Generation Z will be Conservative is due to incidents like these.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Nothing is too harsh for a child that can't distinguish 1 of the 50 genders. Life in prison is too light of a sentence imo.

From this day forward all living things will be reclassified as an "it"...see easy fix...

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I'm pretty sure part of the reason why people say Generation Z will be Conservative is due to incidents like these.

It is funny that you mention that, but looking at my two high-schoolers and their classmates there is a surprisingly large percentage of them that are adopting Conservative values and I live in a liberal state. A lot of stuff from the left seems to piss them off more than anything else.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
What I find funny is that the terms "Baby Boomers", Generation Z" and others are Liberal constructs to get us to self - identify with so they can play us off against each other.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Hey, I get asked if I'm gay all the time.

Is it your murse?

Is that anything like a fanny pack..?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I think the pattern generally goes around in circles.

Gen 1 has kids.

Gen 2 disagrees with their parents and tries to differentiate.

Gen 2 has kids

Gen 3 disagrees with their parents and tries to differentiate. Gen 3 are likely more receptive to the wisdom and habits of Gen 1 (aka grandparents)

All things happen in cycles.

edit on 26-8-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Morningglory

If we're willing to accept that a 6 year old, with certainty, can choose their gender, then it's a rather short leap accepting that children have sexual "feelings" and should have the right to express them with whomever they "feel" attracted to.

Sex and gender are 2 different things.

However, no one "picks" their gender - - - or their sexual orientation either.

Both are biological.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Is that anything like a fanny pack..?

Worse.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Who cares what a Califorina Charter school does?

Take your kids out of the school if you don't like the way they watch your children while your working.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I am generation Y and i and going further and further right everyday because of this bull#.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Morningglory

Sex and gender are 2 different things.

You can repeat that stupid narative over and over again but the majority like me will call like it is BULL#.

Just because a few liberals and a smattering of psychologists (you can find psychologists that will take almost any point of view) say something is true doesn't make it so.

originally posted by: Annee

However, no one "picks" their gender - - - or their sexual orientation either.

Both are biological.

Yup Gender its biological. XX female XY male.

Your views may hold water in your libral safe spaces but in the real world with the sane majority its XX or XY any thing else is a mental disorder.
edit on 26-8-2017 by Phonixfromtheashes because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2017 by Phonixfromtheashes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join