It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

85% of Americans: freedom of speech is more important than people's feelings.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

73% Say Freedom of Speech Worth Dying For.

Americans agree freedom of speech is under assault but strongly insist that they are prepared to defend that freedom even at the cost of their lives if necessary.

85% is YUUUUUUGE!

And 73% say its worth the ultimate sacrifice!

Oh man, TPTB are NOT going to like this.

This is BAD news for the propaganda matrix aka the media.

The goal is to have people rioting in the streets, DEMANDING that laws be passed restricting our speech.

Because at the end of the day, isnt their goal always the same: to strip us of more rights and freedoms.

But it seems like the divide and conquer strategy is back firing.

The manufactured "crisis" in Virginia may actually have forced people to realize just how important our rights really are.

Sorry evil establishment, youre gonna heve to keep trying.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
MODS please shut this thread down for offensive content!!

This needs to be censured immediately!!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I wish that those statistics are true, but you know what they say about polls.

Still, it's nice to dream. There is a distinctly different mindset between urban americans and regular americans, I can believe that a lot of more traditional regular people still "get it" when it comes to this country. Sadly, the loudest voices get all the attention.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Lip service.
edit on 24-8-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
That is not what we been seeing though. Freedom of speech as long as I agree with it attitude is what we are now experiencing. We are extremely quick to throw people under the bus with un-defendable "have you stopped beat your wife" statements or labels.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think the percentages were similar when it came to the bank bailouts. Doesn't really matter what the people want.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I wish that those statistics are true, but you know what they say about polls.

Still, it's nice to dream. There is a distinctly different mindset between urban americans and regular americans, I can believe that a lot of more traditional regular people still "get it" when it comes to this country. Sadly, the loudest voices get all the attention.
Same.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What happened to civility and respect for the rights of others in this country? I thought we were supposed to be a nation, not a pile of self centered people taking selfies.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock
Yes, some have been lost to the manipulation.

I had a child that loved ice cream sandwiches so much that she would sneak a sandwich at night while everyone was sleeping. I changed her behavior by allowing her to eat as many ice cream sandwiches as she wanted, no restrictions.

She is now 23 years old, and remembers well how much she used to love ice cream sandwiches, but says she ate so many of them that she would be okay if she never saw another one in her life.

This is what they are doing to us to try to manipulate us, to get us to where we never want to hear or see anything that has to do with free speech or the Constitution ever again.

The plan is working and going well.

edit on 24-8-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
just more information that supports the notion that the illuminati have completely lost control of the narrative. All of the media has been pushing this limiting free speech propaganda and nobody buys it.

bailouts.... what happened,after the bailouts?...... Guns and ammo sales went through the roof and ammo went almost extinct. These were not hunting weapons either.

The populace communicates differently LOL. I have told people for years to forget the polls and the propaganda and follow where the money is going. The sales of weapons and ammo says more than anything else. The populace is gunning up... the illuminati is arming up.

now they are trying to sell this notion of a civil war when what in reality its more of a second american revolution evolving.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
85% of Americans: freedom of speech is more important than people's feelings.

Does that 85% of Americans get that statues are speech ?

So are flags of the never was the symbol of the confederacy type.

I'd like to believe this but I don't.

When it comes to push comes to shove.

More people like to shove others around.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
bailouts.... what happened,after the bailouts?...... Guns and ammo sales went through the roof and ammo went almost extinct. These were not hunting weapons either.

So buying guns made people feel like they had not been shafted?

Did those guns get the people their money back?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

People stopped talking and started to take action.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
"This is BAD news for the propaganda matrix aka the media. "

# man, by SJW standard that means 83% of America is racist, their point has been proven!!!

I can't wait to see the spin. Probably wont happen though, leftists will avoid this like ebola.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I think a better question would be "what is your definition of free speech"? I have seen/heard people say they support free speech, while in the very next breath call someone a Nazi and attempt to shout them down to prevent them from speaking their message. That is a schizophrenic reaction, as each are polar opposites of the other.

Free speech means you allow someone with a differing opinion to speak, as long as it is legal to do so. You can debate it, and disagree, because that is your freedom as well. However, blocking people from exercising that right or facing it with violent actions is not acceptable.

I question this poll since I think many people believe it free speech also do not think that someone speaking an opinion they disagree with should be prevented from doing so at all costs.

That is not how it works.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I think if they do the polls in California, they may have a different result. Think Berkeley, Hollyweird and Google....
edit on 8/24/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Empty action that resulted in nothing at all.

Well, except for giving corporations more of their money.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
they can throw all the hissy fits they want. Bottom line is the american people are winning. If the illuminati were winning they would not be hiding. what we see though is people behind masks panicking because they are fighting a lost cause in this psyop war.

trump aint hiding, his support is not hiding. Quite the opposite. The illuminatti can push any narrative they want but its not going to work. now we see the Trump is crazy narrative in an attempt to remove him from office with the support of the uniparty. they are also trying to shut down the internet. They have lost the critical propaganda war that their entire agenda was built around. This is what winning looks like. we will see more desperation as the months go on.

america is being restored. The country has woke up finally. Americans have had enough.

I hope the illuminati continue to tear down statues... Mock Trump, Mock infowars with their new comedy central show. I hope they keep throwing fits because the longer they do the more the populace will unite.

it took four outright criminal presidents to get us to this point each one progressively worse than the other. electing Trump broke the spell and americans have their pride back.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

Sad.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join