It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN forced to admit Antifa is violent anarchist group

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I simply don't get what the point of this thread is.
What he says

originally posted by: Christosterone

CNN forced to admit Antifa is violent anarchist group

In other news, water is wet and the sky is blue....

-Chris

Duh indeed.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Even when they finally start "condemning" these groups, they have to put a twist on it.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Anti-fascism
Anti-fascism is opposition to fascist ideologies, groups and individuals. The anti-fascist movement began in a few European countries in the 1920s, and eventually spread to other countries around the world

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Anything to support the white supremacist Nazi regime as being better right?
Right.
Both groups are turds.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Like some of them are fine people?
Yeah like that.
This past week has been an eye opener on this site. Which is why my participation is down about 90%.
I get sick to my stomach.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Fake News.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I simply don't get what the point of this thread is.

Duh indeed.

The point of this thread is MSM acknowledgement of a violent leftist organization.
"Duh".

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

This happened because the Dems realize they are in trouble.

The base knows supporting a group like Antifica ( I thought this was a new singer when I first heard the name) is really bad for its health.

They've got to cool things down if they're to gain any control or clout down the road when it matters.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

This happened because the Dems realize they are in trouble.

Yah, their endless coverage n the media of trump and russia and election hacking wasn't catching on...

Wallah, new subject and we all flock to it as the now most important thing in our minds.

To the thread:

This 'riot' was allowed to develop all day long and hardly anyone was arrested.

Compared to Occupy, Dakota Pipeline and Ferguson, where hundreds of arrests occurred, 700 in one day on the Brooklyn Bridge during Occupy.

Theres a reason why they let the white supremacists do the cops job of breaking up the demonstration.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

So? They're journalists. It's their job to report what's happening and who the players are.
But I get the problem you have a "who is not with me is my enemy" mindset. And the delusion the media is left.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

exactly. This is exaxctly what i said on another discussion of the petition. Not only is it totally unable to prevent them from reinventing and renaming themselves a hundred different ways but as other posters have said it sets a dangerous precedent for the future wherein we may have a POTUS or other leadership entity that uses this process to go after groups for political reasons.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Anti scares me way more than any political terrorist group, even ISIS.

These are ENERGETIC, motivated and capable young Americans who, if allowed to grow, will bring about serious conflict. They remind me so much of the bolsheviks. It's terrifying.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

my thoughts exactly! the phrase "terrorist organization" has gained so much traction in the last year (AT LEAST). eventually every organization with 50 people carrying signs will be classified as terrorist. (yes, I know the difference between carrying a sign and punching bystanders.)
needless to say, we're rapidly turning every event into a situation that could result in some level of swat team intervention.
every signature on these petitions should come with a bottle of lube.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

So? They're journalists. It's their job to report what's happening and who the players are.

That's correct, it is their job. What's your point? Are you saying we should not discuss news or current events on ATS whenever it is discussed by the media or by a journalist, unless covering their particular news story is somehow not part of their job duty?

But I get the problem you have a "who is not with me is my enemy" mindset.

You would be incorrect.

And the delusion the media is left.

Incorrect again. I fully recognize that some media outlets are "left", some are "right", some are somewhere inbetween, and some have no political standing whatsoever.

Do you have something intelligent to add to this thread? You've so far called me an "ignorant little fool" despite agreeing with me, said you don't know what the point of this thread is, and then tried to use the fact that journalists discuss stories as some sort of reasoning for why people shouldn't discuss the news on ATS. Oh yeah, you also accused me of thinking everyone who isn't like me is the enemy, and believing the entire world of media is "the left".

Are/were you an Antifa sympathizer or activist? Is that what this is about? You seem upset that people are discussing it.
edit on 8/20/2017 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I don't get it. I still don't. Antifa is violent. Why is it surprising to you that CNN says so? As you "never thought to see that day"?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The CNN clip looked more like a psyop to me. An Antifa recruitment tool. They kept talking about how their 'main goal' is to fight the white supremacist boogeymen. The same boogeymen the msm would like us to believe is lurking behind every corner. I call bs.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

Are/were you an Antifa sympathizer or activist?

Is this a serious question? Or a strawman?

Your entire side claims everyone is Antifa in general conversation out of no where now, and you cry about accusations of racism. This is comedy gold to me.

What a tool, to just ask the person if they're a terrorist equivalent as demonstrated in this thread.

Can I ask you, serious question, are you a terrorist as well, or sympathizer of any known terrorists?

You are obviously the troll, but it might be cognitively biologically irreversible, and also called an idiot in some circles.

Right wing Terrorism accounts for over 80% of radical related murder in the USA. Let's deny it all exists together and maybe it will go away right! Wrong. Reality hurts, facts bite.

The projection constantly asserted against the "Left" is the most successful form terrorism ever. Take on that sentence small fry.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter
Thought this was interesting

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: PublicOpinion

CNN hasz thayr orderz

NAzi cat:You think Grammar..is a freaking game?

Essyay Rammargay isay ayay amegay.

Pfftttt... lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Who2Trust
Is this a serious question? Or a strawman?

No it wasn't, I was making fun of her assertions that I believe the entire media is leftist and that I think everyone who isn't me is the enemy.

Your entire side claims everyone is Antifa in general conversation out of no where now, and you cry about accusations of racism. This is comedy gold to me.

I wasn't aware that I had a side.

Can I ask you, serious question, are you a terrorist as well

No. See, easy to answer.

Right wing Terrorism accounts for over 80% of radical related murder in the USA.
Reality hurts, facts bite.

I wasn't aware that 9/11 was carried out by right-wing extremists.

The projection constantly asserted against the "Left" is the most successful form terrorism ever. Take on that sentence small fry.

Really? I'd think the most successful form of terrorism is one in which people are brutally slaughtered in the name of political ideology, you know, like what happens at the hands of Muslims in the middle east every single day.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join