It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eclipse and the sixth seal of Revelation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I've always enjoyed reading Revelation and the sixth seal always stood out to me because it's obviously an eclipse. It says:

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; 13 and the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. 14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. 15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; 16 and said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: 17 for the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Revelation 6 chapter.

There isn't any orders to the seals. John just tells us the order he sees the seals but not that they will happen in that order.

This would suggest an earthquake or explosion that's very powerful will occur on Monday.

Of course, this is pure speculation and in a Predictions&Prophecies forum is the best place to talk about these things. Monday, will end like every other Monday but speculating on these things is fun as long as you're not trying to sell a survivor kit for $49.95.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

as long as you're not trying to sell a survivor kit for $49.95.

Crap that is cheap! Only $49.95, here, take my money! Is there a great guarantee with it?

I agree that 12 seems to fit but the rest of it is a great stretch.

12 would of course fit any and all total eclipses.

P

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I suppose a solar eclipse was sort of impressive to the people back then. They probably bought glasses for looking at it too.

I actually think we are going backwards in time, many people are traveling to get right in the center of the eclipse, I will stay here and watch it at seventy five percent, I don't feel like traveling and spending three nights in motels.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

OH MY GOD......OH MY GOSH!!!!

We are screwed!

Discounted survivor kit....was $49.95 on sale for only $44.95!!!!!!

Get it before it's too late!!! Discount for sinners!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: nowuknow

We are screwed!

If a seal bites you, you might get a bad infection. Life will turn to hell quickly having to put up with all the doctors.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I don't have to travel; I live here.

The only question is whether or not we will stay in our yard or go a few blocks to our kid's school and observe it with him there.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
To me, this is more like a massive volcanic eruption, like the Yellowstone caldera. Unless you assume that the sun and moon are out at the same time, during the day, the sun is blackened from the ash, and at night, the moon is so blurred out the light that comes through the ashy atmosphere will look really red. Such a massive blow would have thrown massive chunks of firey earth up and then down......it would cause a lot of movement in the crust, and yes, people will flee to mountain caverns, etc.

The heavens departing would mean we can't see them any more.

JMOHO.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Any calendar year has a minimum of four eclipses – two solar and two lunar. Most years have only four eclipses, but depending on the year, it's possible to have five eclipses, six eclipses or even as many as seven eclipses in one year's time.
edit on 19-8-2017 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You can send the money to PayPal

If you look at it this way, the seals go from 6 to 1.

So an eclipse and a major explosion or earthquake.

Next would be the Rapture or Resurrection of past martyrs.

Next, Demons are released from hell to wreak havoc.

Next a famine.

Next a major war.

Finally, Jesus returns on the white horse.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The sixth seal is a thermonuclear holocaust. And the heavens departed as a scroll when it is rolled together is a description of a mushroom cloud.

Does the eclipse have a significance? I believe it is a warning that the first seal is going to be opened soon and the eclipse in 7 years (2024) is the sign the 6th seal is about to happen.
X - marks the spot....Almost

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
When we see a sign on the road it does not mean we have arrived at the destination. The book of Revelation is a book of warnings and of the unfolding of the earths history. If the eclipse is one of the signs, it just one of the things to watch for telling us these events will shortly come to pass. Not that they will occur upon that day of the sign. This is also why many will not recognize these signs because they are expecting a one two three announcement and occurrence. However it is thought that the signs in the sixth seal will happen rapidly and some will happen at the same time. We are told to stand on holy ground during these times....and that is just, be a good person and believe God is. a reply to: neoholographic

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I take it that most of the enthusiasts for this idea are American?
Total eclipses occur from time to time all over the planet.
So this one is significant only for those who believe the United States is the centre of world history and ignore the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: nowuknow

We are screwed!

If a seal bites you, you might get a bad infection. Life will turn to hell quickly having to put up with all the doctors.

But... the baby ones are so cute. I can't help wanting to pat them even if I know they are god's official wrath.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Solar eclipses happen more often then this one in a hundred years around the world we are having, lunar eclipses are what turns the moon blood red.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: nowuknow

We are all sinners. Just a matter of how it's dealt with.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Nice thought. I'm looking forward to the rapture. I'm ready to go home. God bless you all.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
So this one is significant only for those who believe the United States is thecenter of the world in history and ignore the rest of the world.

we are

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kocag

Nice thought. I'm looking forward to the rapture. I'm ready to go home. God bless you all.

You'll go home when you die. In the meantime you should concentrate on life here. I'm also not entirely convinced on this sin business. We're not all amazing people but sin is a bit of an overreach and an archaic concept.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
So this one is significant only for those who believe the United States is the centre of world history and ignore the rest of the world.

Exactly. Personally I would take these signs to be from the viewpoint of Israel more than any other place on earth.

Sides OP. Why wouldn't the signs be in order? The seals are numbered from 1 to 7.... Literally!

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: SeekAnswers

I have also seen the idea that it's a massive solar event. That too could produce the atmospheric conditions needed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join