It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well ... I Guess the Chinese Want Some Too

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
I'm all for dealing with lil kim, but what's the point off drumming up this crap with china over an op-ed?

Some just love the drums of war I guess.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Would you really expect china to do anything else ?

They have a stake of ownership over Korea, The U.S will likely end up in a battle with Korea, china and friggin Russia if they don't tread carefully.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
And no, nobody has to really do anything in this situation. Nobody's credibility will be hurt by inaction.

Words are wind, what matters is their actions. ..if their will be any.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
I remember having nuclear attack drills in elementary school because of the threat Russia posed.

Don't you mean the USSR? LOL

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Anybody can launch nukes at us at any time. Do we preemptively strike them all?

I would say all of them that use their State Run news agencies to threaten us.

Seems like a sound strategic decision. Does Putin ever threaten us Directly with nuclear force?

How old are you? I remember having nuclear attack drills in elementary school because of the threat Russia posed.

And if we had attacked them during that era, we wouldn't be here today talking about it, I'm pretty sure.

It's a pretty apples and oranges comparison though. Russia has thousands of nukes, NK maybe 10, none of which have great delivery capabilities. Russia wasn't led by a crazy dictator who has directly threatened the US, SK, Guam etc. with Nukes. Do we want to wait until NK becomes a major Nuclear Power, at which point we will have to bend to their whims (and by we I mostly mean SK, Japan, and our SE Asian allies - all of whom will then have to develop Nukes of their own), or do we take care of NK now while it can still be done without nuclear conflict? War now, or unfettered Nuclear Proliferation later, which do you think is the better choice for humanity?
edit on 10-8-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pompel9

originally posted by: 3daysgone
a reply to: Abysha

What is your strategy against North Korea?

A coalition. They are a threat to more than just us. There are many options aside from "obliterate". CIA insurgency coup? Extreme sanctions? Foment civil war? Tactical solutions?

But yeah... let's just launch a bunch of nukes.

They have been under extreme sanctions longer than I have been alive, and I am in mid thirties. That didn't work, the madman will never come to his senses (I think he is even more crazy than his father).

I mean extreme as in total isolation combined with a very visible and bold coalition ready to strike them at a moment's notice.

That will never happen, there are zero chance for China and Russia to go along with this. If this goes trough UN then Russia will veto the sanctions (they are after all one of very few countries in UN that have that power).

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Exactly, China defends NK and their economy tanks and ours will take a temporary hit. All western nations will no longer get cheap goods from China and use India/pakistan/guatemala etc.

Seems to me this would be a good time to test our antiballistic missile system.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Would you really expect China to do anything else ?

They have a stake of ownership over Korea, The US will likely end up in a battle with Korea, China and friggin Russia if they don't tread carefully.

I'd be worried if Putin decided to cast his lot. Up 'til now, he hasn't spoken directly. I'm sure he's aware his country remains an element of the Axis of Evil. That's one reason I don't expect missiles to fly from CONUS. Putin doesn't have a lot of time to decide on what his response would be.

If we launch from shorelines in the Far East, the missiles will land before a Russian decision could be considered.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn
a reply to: seasonal

Exactly, China defends NK and their economy tanks and ours will take a temporary hit. All western nations will no longer get cheap goods from China and use India/pakistan/guatemala etc.

Exactly, this is why it is ludicrous to think China would actually defend NK. So China is going to go to war with all of their trading partners (and debtors) to defend an economically insignificant country led by a madman? It's totally ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

. Russia wasn't led by a crazy dictator who has directly threatened the US, SK, Guam etc. with Nukes.

flashback,Moscow 1956 with Nikita Khrushchev ranting "we will bury you" while addressing Western ambassadors at a reception at the Polish embassy,if that isn't crazy nuclear armed dictator enough for you how about him pounding his fists and brandishing his shoe a year later at the UN?

Bottom line here is Kim isn't shiny new to us,we have seen his kind before and the best policy is let him move first and if he does then it will rain ruin on him. Kennedy backed Khrushchev down by tough talk and show of force kinda like what Dons doing,this is a game we have played before people,we won then and we will win again.

edit on 10-8-2017 by modified device because: do you like posghettii? those are vorms not posghettii

link   
a reply to: Abysha

Anybody can launch nukes at us at any time. Do we preemptively strike them all?

The problem with it is that no one else is threatening us with Nukes. North Korea is.

We were in a cold war with Russia for years and never resorted to a "first strike". Because we didn't, there was never a nuclear war.

Yes, but North Korea is not Russia. North Korea actually said they will attack an American military base. Should that be taken lightly?

So far, America is the only nation to nuke another nation. I'd like to let that slide into history a little further before considering it again

And it ended the war that had taken more lives than any other single war. Was it worth it to stop a war of that magnitude? Or should they have let it go on?

link   
And China will move in and obliterate their biggest market? They do and they massacre their economy. Who else exists to buy cheap Chinese crap?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Does China want Beijing to cease to exist? This news cements it for me, it's time for DC to remove the Kim genetics from Earth's gene pool and crater Pyongyang.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: CriticalStinker

And it's ironic how these appeals to "obliterate" a country with 25 million people (North Korea) and obliterate a second country with about 1.4 billion people aren't considered extremism.

So just sit back and let North Korea bomb whoever they want?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Simple, we offer North Korea to Russia (sans-serif their leader and multiple soon to be absent government buildings) and tell Vladimir he can also have northern China if China involves themselves in this. Putin will sit on sidelines looking like that scheming raccoon meme and China will do what they do best, nothing and like it, while we clear the room.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But extremists can be sociopaths, too. Or do we only use "mental illness" as an excuse for Americans?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

So just sit back and let North Korea bomb whoever they want?

we have them ringed with THAAD,Patriots and can very likely hack their first gen guidance systems,so yes they get that move and when it fails...

edit on 10-8-2017 by modified device because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

So we should obliterate a country with 25 million people and let the radioactive fallout kill countless millions more just in South Korea alone, all because we're in a glorified pissing contest? Oh and if another country that houses a good 6th of the world's entire population has a problem with it, we should kill them all too?

Yes, that's extremism.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You think far enough ahead ... that you would surely best me in a game of Chess.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: modified device

we have them ringed with THAAD,Patriots and can very likely hack their first gen guidance systems,so yes they get that move and when it fails.

Excellent point. But if we strike down their missiles it is an act of war none the less.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join