It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Want To Say I Told You So. RE: LGBT

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TiggersTheMan

First, The truth is parents want their own children. It's part of our genetic makeup. Second, all those kids waiting to be adopted are part of the statistics of births per household.

Next, gay people certainly aren't to shoulder the majority of the blame. As a small percentage, 1-2%, yes the population will manage just fine. As 5x or more than that, no it won't. In fact, if you dive deeper into the stats you'll see that most of the gains are coming from Hispanics and Asians. Those are two big contributors to our current birth rate (they tend to have more children than white people). That's where the problem is. Those who are choosing to be gay. Which is to be expected with normalization.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Ummm a many times increase from one generation to the next.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

God knows we need to go back to the days when women and blacks knew their place, and gays kept their "dirty little secret" or risked getting the sh*t kicked out of them, or had to go to jail for being gay, or had to endure chemical castration as punishment/demotivation for being homosexual.

MAGA!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Do you understand percentages? (rhetorical question because it's obvious you don't)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

The OP addresses all of these questions. Come back when you've read it.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Umm ok? Yay you? Want a cookie?

If people were simply more open to identifying now that it's become normalized, we would see gains across generations.

Boomers should be identifying in much larger quantities if the theory of the left was to hold water as they're getting older and the legal benefits of marriage should be causing even those who wouldn't have otherwise identified, to identify. Gen Xers should see the same trend and millenials should be seeing just the results of less stigma.

LOL That's a lot of assumptions that you're pulling out of thin air to support your claim.

But more importantly, why does it matter to you how others identify themselves? If you're not gay or planning on getting married to someone of the same gender, then it has no bearing on you. Why does this even matter?

Also, where'd you get those numbers? It's common courtesy to post a link to your claims, otherwise it looks like you just made them up. 94.5% of people in your age range agree. (That's a lie lol. I made that number up. But right now, it has just as much credibility as the numbers you posted.)

And now that I think about it, is there any proof of this either?

Back when the whole gay marriage debate was raging, I was assured by everyone who supported normalization, that more people wouldn't become gay/lesbian/bi/trans. After all, "its not something you choose," they said. Well, you were wrong. I was right.

edit on 8-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I totally agree, I am wide awake and will tell my truth to anyone who will listen and hopefully one day we will get to the point of reorganizing a better society, that gives me a lot of meaning. But for the majority of society this is the feeling people have, the birth rates don't lie , the middle class people don't want to raise family's as much any more and are more likely to focus on self satisfaction like a monkey zapping his genitals with some sort of electronic pleasure device for meaning. reply to: SR1TX

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Good catch. I'll add them now (thought I did).

If you were correct (about stigma) we should see a sloping increase. Not a decrease among all non-millennial generations.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Or maybe it's because kids are expensive as f__k and a lot of people don't want to deal with parenthood? Besides, I thought people were complaining about overpopulation. Now we're complaining about underpopulation, even with the rising global population numbers? Umm ok...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

LOL, read much. That's what should be happening for the leftist argument to be correct. But it's not.

I added the link. It was from Gallup.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Indeed, people are broken and confused.
What I'll never get is why does this matter so much to people?

"I think I'm a lady, oh no no, now I think I'm a man"...

Why are humans so hung up on sex and sexual orientation...?
When will people realise we're biological organisms with fantastic organs for cognition!
Think with your brain, not the part that identifies you as male or female, it's that simple....

Don't let your penis (or lack thereof) determine your future, that's just a terrible way of thinking.

link   

Yes, because everyone is self centered. Why sacrifice for the future, amirite. You are basically admitting this but don't even realize it.

link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: bananashooter

Or maybe it's because kids are expensive as f__k and a lot of people don't want to deal with parenthood? Besides, I thought people were complaining about overpopulation. Now we're complaining about underpopulation, even with the rising global population numbers? Umm ok...

We all know this isn't about population. It's about "I think gays are icky and I want them to disappear".

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

You're having a blast with your straw men, aren't you.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I read it all, even before you added a link. I'm also a "leftist" and I didn't make that argument. So why are you trying to put that on all of us? My argument has always been something along the lines of "who gives a crap what other consenting adults do in their own sex lives?". I still don't give a crap what other consenting adults do in their sex lives; I just don't want people being unfairly denied the same legal protections and rights that the rest of us receive.

And it still doesn't change the fact that your post was full of assumptions on how the data should be interpreted.

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Yes, because everyone is self centered. Why sacrifice for the future, amirite. You are basically admitting this but don't even realize it.

Blah blah blah. Unlike you, I'm not concerned with what other adults do in their homes, as long as they do no harm to others. If someone wants to start a family, then good. If someone doesn't want to start a family, that's also good. Why pressure people into having kids if they aren't prepared to raise kids? Once again, we always hear people whine & moan about overpopulation and "poor people having too many kids". But once people decide to use birth control or contraceptives, that's also a problem because people aren't having enough kids. lol

And don't think I didn't notice your contradictions. You said I'm self centered, yet you're the one who felt the need to make a thread just to pat yourself on the back. Who's really the self centered one here?
edit on 8-8-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: seeker1963

God knows we need to go back to the days when women and blacks knew their place, and gays kept their "dirty little secret" or risked getting the sh*t kicked out of them, or had to go to jail for being gay, or had to endure chemical castration as punishment/demotivation for being homosexual.

MAGA!

And there you go. Totally ignore what I mentioned and added your own words to try to put words I never mentioned. Like I said, study history, the 10 planks of Cultural Marxism, the Frankfurt school, etc etc It was written in history on how western culture and civilization would be destroyed. NOTHING you said in your reply to me has any relevance to my post what so ever. Just a bunch of ridiculous emotional garbage.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

a reply to: TiggersTheMan

First, The truth is parents want their own children. It's part of our genetic makeup. Second, all those kids waiting to be adopted are part of the statistics of births per household.

Perhaps that's your truth, but it obviously isn't everyone's truth or no child would be adopted. Thankfully, some people are more than happy to raise children that aren't genetically theirs.

In fact, if you dive deeper into the stats you'll see that most of the gains are coming from Hispanics and Asians. Those are two big contributors to our current birth rate (they tend to have more children than white people). That's where the problem is.

So what you're really getting at, is that Hispanics and Asians are outproducing white people, and that's a problem. Alrighty then.

Those who are choosing to be gay. Which is to be expected with normalization.

Just as you chose to be straight, right? Only because it's expected and normalized, no other reason, correct?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I am not counting the 'T' here. But I would wager that the actual percentage of people who fit into the 'LGB' identifier is a hell of a lot higher than 4.1% in actuality. Does that scare you?

Does people simply being able to more openly admit to how they identify sexually in this day and age without fear of repercussions bother you?

Are you confidently 'straight?' If so, then it should not. It is a part of the natural world. Calm the # down. Keep in mind I am not including 'T' here to help ease your senses.

You're argument that the increase should be represented across various generations equally due to more acceptance is a valid argument. But I would counter with those from older generations were still brought up in a time where it was not approved of and thus they still deny it publicly. Sort of like repressing hard memories, etc. It could just work for them better after hiding it for so long.

That all being said, I DO DO DO believe that the rate of LGBT identifying folks will continue to grow, arguably due to chemicals now present in our everyday lives which effect humans hormone levels, etc. I will also admit that I can entertain the idea this is part of a plan by tptb to ultimately influence population growth. Speaking from personal experience - I believe a lot more than 4% of people are at the very least bisexual and this number will continue to grow by generation - especially in the puberty onset period in peoples' lives.

That also being said, I certainly dont believe just people being more open with their sexuality and the media addressing it is causing more 'regular' people to become gay or bisexual who were not already.

edit on 8-8-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I've already answered that question. Many times in this thread.

My assumptions are the ones we'll be using unless you can present better ones. Don't complain unless you have a better alternative.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

This argument is debunked in the OP. Try again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join