It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google It's Time To Stop

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak
They are so full of SNIP !
Hang on while I pause this ISIS
YouTube video from their mega channel
so we can talk about limiting terror content.

SNIP - Subnet IP Address.

Just saying...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Yes, my goodness.

We can't be subjected to anything that is counter to what we believe now, can we?

Seriously, think about it. If I look up "chocolate chip cookies'" I may get results that reasonably include:

"chocolate chip cookies bad"

"chocolate chip cookies good"

"chocolate chip cookies indifferent"

... perhaps if some stopped considering anything committed to digital video as automatically true (or false, as your prejudices may dictate) some would be less upset by a company taking steps to police it's own content.

IMO

No being exposed to alternative ideas is good.

The problem is Google and places like Twitter think alternative thoughts to right wing causes is good, but it does not feel the same way for people on the left.

In other words, if you are right wing, you must be exposed to left wing views.

If you are left wing..... keep up the good work.

OH and btw,

seeing as how you are for alternative points of view, you must be appalled at how universities are dominantly left wing.
edit on 8-8-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The irony is the more that Google tries to control and censor opinions they don't like, the more traction those opinions gain.

Just like the MSM is finding out, people are waking up to their tactics.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Good to see a spike in Google threads all the sudden. Great minds think alike...

If only everyone actually realized what the true agenda with this BS and the BS they appear to be protecting is really all about...

Soon.

Notice how we are moving closer and closer to the Ministry of Truth as in the novel "1984"?

You mean Trump's TV network? I AGREE!

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: growler

If you had any self awareness at all you would have literally felt like dying from the disgustingly embarrassing hypocrisy of what you just typed in plenty of time to save yourself from actually hitting the post reply button!

This would've spared the rest of us a great deal of anger and amusement simultaneously...

You just keep doing you though, we promise we're laughing WITH YOU NOT AT YOU...

no really... We are

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Facebook/Google/youtube, we all know it's a conglomerate, is just breaking ground for a yuuuggggeeee data center south of where I live.

www.bizjournals.com...

This is the future, not cable, not print media, not networks....deal with it!

Nothing short of an act of God will stop this cyber takeover. Next on that site, sound stages, animation studios, props, wardrobe, state of the art everything media. Some good highpaying gigs for those of us in the biz.

www.loslunasnm.gov...
edit on 8-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Meh, someone will create a script which will search what we want one day, and it will remove all of the government gunk from the search queue. It's the web man...easily hacked and manipulated. Youtube and all others who censor, or try to control the intelligence flow of the public, will be replaced eventually. You see...intelligence flows like water and anyone who wants to partake of it, can drink freely. Intelligence also flows like water, and when you put something in front of it....like water, it always finds a way around the obstacles placed in front of it. You can contain it (Fascism, dictatorship etc.), but too much containment, and eventually it will always burst the container holding it. Let them have their illusory control over mankind. Mankind will always find another way. Me personally? If they start taking away things I like to watch...I am left with things I detest...why would I continue to watch Youtube under these circumstances? I will go to the next best resource.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Of course they don't care about the business perspective, for them it's about promoting a certain ideology and certain worldview.

I'm wishing for solid evidence of this (a recording of them admitting it). I could make a very large number of people very rich. This would be a home run for shareholders to sue google into bankruptcy.

Don't misunderstand, I completely agree with your sentiment. They definitely have an agenda and they're definitely okay with sacrificing income/profit to further that agenda. I just wish I could catch them saying it out loud.

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

You've just seen evidence whereGoogle/YouTube expands past politics to other categories such as advertisers and Tech companies to control what you have access to. Google is controlled by demonic entities and wants to control your mind and life. Resist them with a passion. Google is demonic!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Google is an marketing company, or actually its an technology umbrella company that currently dominates the Internet. It expands its product portfolio on other technlogy outside Internet, like phones and G Suite, which aims for getting into classroooms.

Google does heavy tracking across all sites. It has currently most popular search engine, that comes with its own verb "Googling" that is common word for Internet search. It has per the survey - see link section of this post - trackers on 75% of the polled sites. For comparision, Facebook has trackers on 25% of the sites polled.

Google got recently fined by EU record amount of 3.2 billion dollars for manipulating their search results. They do lateral marketing, meaning they favor certain businesses in their search results. What you find via Google is basically results that are chosen for you, thanks to those nasty little things called tracking cookies. Very few sites work without them, as you know.

Google has the plans ready for examle on G Education suite- also on links - which brings Google to your school. Think what possiblities this opens when you can educate children to work with your products. I bet you have some brand loyalty right there.

Best thing to do is to stop using Google, or anything related to Google, if you respect your privacy. If you are one of those people who "have nothing to hide", keep on feeding them your personal data and see what this level of marketing ploys can do.

It is up to you decide if you support Google and its antics or not. You are the consumer they want.

But also you have the choice as customer to choose who you do your business with.

Links:

1 million website survey on trackers

NY Times - Google gets 3.2 billion fine from EU due antitrust ruling

G Education Suite

Opt-out page - an missed opportunity

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

woah! interesting ... if true ... and I supposed it you google it, you'll be fed a dubunking of the the debunkers.

my head hurts !!

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I will add to this discussion of Google an esoteric view. Hope you do not mind.

Just a thought on using Jigsaw Redirect technology on extremist and violen messages to direct to videos debunking those things, could it be a good thing?

Could it be that the big corporations are actually doing us a favor as humans to avoid and prevent seeing those things? Could it be that they have moved from bans and controls to approach which is to educate why those things are not good? In a way opening a dialgoue, or showing the alternatives which aim for good?

Could it be, that in some cases, preventing us to see information that feeds the destruction and violence, or even showing pictures of animals and flowers instead, could move us from the hatred that we now suffer as global civilisation?

Just a tought that hit me when thinking of these things.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join