It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet "Hog Kong" with amazing photo

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Here's another "monster wild hog" story, but this time there's a photo that's easier to believe. This time someone claims to have shot a 1,100 lb. hog in their own yard.

www.jacksonville.com...

I remember on a visit to Florida as a little girl ( I think I was maybe 10 ) being scared out of my grandparents' yard by a wild boar, but it sure wasn't the size of this thing. Myabe this one's just a domestic hog running loose.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I dont know how many hispanic and carribean folk we have on line here. But that would make a tremendous "Lechon asado" Which is a tradition of roasting a a whole pig in your backyard for a special event. i know it was useless info, but that is my speciallty

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I don't know....

Something screams fake photo to me. I mean, it looks more like a rat on it's back than a giant hog. I'm not saying for sure it is fake, but I would have liked a close up picture as well. Any other links? I didn't find anything when I looked.

Is that a ghost in the background?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, giantism exists for humans, so I don't see why it shouldn't exixst also for animals...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
I don't know....

Something screams fake photo to me. I mean, it looks more like a rat on it's back than a giant hog. I'm not saying for sure it is fake, but I would have liked a close up picture as well. Any other links? I didn't find anything when I looked.

Maybe the truck is one of those mini things, and the pig aint really that large

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Dear god that hog is huge, Did the article say how many bullets it took to take down? I couldn't find it.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:29 AM
link   
That looks like a wild boar to me. Definitely not a photoshopped rat - you can see its cloven hooves.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
The hog is not fake, in my opinion as a photoshop-familiar digital artist.

It was downed with one .44 hangun round, from about 10 metres if I remember.

The first thing I thought when I saw this: Princess Mononoke!

I'll be on the side of the animals when the war comes. I just wanted to warn you all so you don't come to my house and try to recruit me to save humanity. I'd rather save the pigs.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Huria86
Dear god that hog is huge, Did the article say how many bullets it took to take down? I couldn't find it.

How much knockout drugs you think would have to take out something like that? Defines the meaning of getting new advancements.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by malakiem

Originally posted by Huria86

How much knockout drugs you think would have to take out something like that? Defines the meaning of getting new advancements.

If all else fail, a smack on the head with a sledgehammer will down anyone.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I'm trying to say this delicately...there's equipment on the underside of the hog that does not match equipment found on rats, if ye get my gist. And the snout looks like a hog to me.

It is hard to believe it came down with one shot though.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Over the years many domestic hogs have escaped confinement and become feral. A domestic hog can revert to feral in a surprisingly few generations. In one or two generations these domestic hogs living in the wild begin to display a hairy spine and develop longer tusks etc.

I suspect that a couple generations back this porker was a domestic hog. The article confirms this by noting that the great beast had a little domestic in him. If you've ever seen a full grown domestic hog then you know that many have been bred up to be giga-normous.

Florida is a state that has a great deal of undeveloped habitat for intrepid and adventursome hogs to root around in and get back in touch with their more primal nature.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
i Lived in florida, and we had a hog problem on our yard, the hogs would run acrass the golf course and then eat our lawn, we had them traped, got 4 of them, 3 over 300 lbs, and one Monster over 350, i cant even fathom the size of this thing.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
I don't know....

did your head "asplode"?
click on the pic

[edit on 092828p://44029 by instar]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Their first idea is to go get a gun and serve these "monsters" up. These guys are poor scientists...

What a specimen to put in a Zoo! A 1,200 pound live wild boar!

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Brainiac]

[edit on 10-2-2005 by Brainiac]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I can belive it was downed in one cos he used a .44 magnum! Have you ever seen one of them? They're hand cannons!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Thats a lot of sausages.......i dont find its size to be so unbelievble?....ive seen some freaking massive pigs in the UK,ok not that big but not much smaller.......or was that when i was on mind bending drugs?.....

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 04:56 AM
link   
If you take the pic and zoom in really close on the center of the bottom part of the bed on the truck, there is a bit of a whitish looking line which looks a little 'shopish' to me. It's definately a hog though.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ok here's a link to a photo of a gigantic domestic pig. Granted its possibly the largest pig in Britain it does show that pigs can grow to be that large.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Hogzilla is a feral domestic pig, no photoshopping required. After twenty five years I no longer live in Florida but while there I heard stories of domestic pigs escaping to the wild and rapidly becoming feral. The first time I heard this story was in 1969.

I have always been fascinated by these animals ability to so quickly revert to natures original design.

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 11:39 AM
link   
That's frightening! I can understand why it's keepers are afraid of it!

<<   2  3 >>

join