It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Watched

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiTo

Originally posted by blueknight
Another thing that is pretty amazing is this: They can seize your computer (with a warrant of course) and retrieve a record of every key stroke that was ever made on the keyboard,

no offense, but thats science fiction now

As Whiskey Jack has explained on a message dated Feb. 8, programs called "key loggers" can do that. Yesterday I downloaded some antivirus freeware (eScorcher) and found this additional information in the glossary its developers have at their website:

Key Logger
Just as the name suggests if a program logs your every keystroke, it is considered a key logger. They are designed to steal your passwords and other sensitive information. There are two types of key loggers. One sends the logs to the author via email. Another one is stored in your hard drive. The author however would need the access to your computer in order to view the log. The second program can be installed on public computers, so beware and do not perform any sensitive procedures in public.

Dr. Bryan K. Kruta, you have say that "(...)as per a post by a mod earlier this week, there was a news broadcast of one of our ufo theories (kudos to that member) so if the news can broadcast our threads then surely the goverment is watching too". This is really big news. Couldn't you give us the title of the thread where the mod says that, please?

[edit on 27-2-2005 by Macrento]

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The info you're looking for can be found:
Here, you'll need to scan a bunch of pages though...

Dr Love is the member who had his post read by Peter Jennings on The Daily Show.

RANT is the mod who mentioned that fact, I believe(could be wrong).

But yes, it really did happen.

Peter Jennings stated that his "son" sent it to him after finding it on a "blog".

X

posted on Feb, 27 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xatnys
The info you're looking for can be found:
Here, you'll need to scan a bunch of pages though...

Dr Love is the member who had his post read by Peter Jennings on The Daily Show.

RANT is the mod who mentioned that fact, I believe(could be wrong).

But yes, it really did happen.

Peter Jennings stated that his "son" sent it to him after finding it on a "blog".

X

Yes I think your right on the DR love thing It was posted in the rats forum by the mod who mentioned it though I think.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join