It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My abortion rant

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Let me start off, before everyone gets their panties in a wad, that I recognize that it is legal.

No one has to reiterate that point.

What steams my clams is the arguments used against those of us who don't like this barbaric act.

When I hear, "The pro-life crowd wants to save babies, but doesn't want to adopt" or they say, "After the child is born, they stop caring", it irritates me.

When someone is for Sanctuary Cities, do I get to ask how many illegals they are housing?

How about when people pontificate on the homeless? Housing them?

When people comment on military spending, do they have to show a DD214 before they can comment on the military?

If there are people bemoaning the hungry, do they have to prove that they are sponsoring a food kitchen?

If people are against prison sentences for drug offenders, do they have to show that they operate a half-way house?

When people say that it is their body, their choice, they ignore that another body is also involved.

When they say they have a right to abort, are they the same ones that say we don't have a right to choose our own healthcare options?

So they can choose, but we can't.

Look, some of you like abortions. I'm not here to change your minds.

I'm on this forum just to rant about the ridiculous arguments AGAINST us who dislike it.

Embrace the fact you want abortions legal. But don't talk about freedoms of choice unless you're against healthcare mandates. Don't TELL ME I have to adopt, just because I don't like to see innocent unborn lives wasted.

Rant over.

If you have honest questions, I may answer.

If you're going to act like a dick, I'll ignore you.

Have a nice day.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

(Not directed personally to you, DB)

On the other hand, don't talk to me about being pro-life if you support war, dropping bombs, drones, and killing innocent people around the globe if you're "pro-life" or you're a hypocrite.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Sensible approach and logical examples. Agree.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Do you know of many people who support killing innocent people?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

On the other hand, don't talk to me about being pro-life if you support war, dropping bombs, drones, and killing innocent people around the globe if you're "pro-life" or you're a hypocrite.

So killing enemies is now analogous to killing babies?
Have babies become enemies to the progressive Left?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I get that we need to allow people the freedom to choose, but it makes me sick when people on the abortion side make light of the decision or rant about how 'proud' they are of their abortion. I think it is a decision that at the very least should be treated with dignity and respect.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Do you know of many people who support killing innocent people?

Personally? No.

But I have seen many advocates of war, drone strikes, etc, who also proclaim to be "pro-life" online and (interviewed) in the media.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Do you consider a unborn fetus (baby) to be an innocent?

I consider a fetus (baby) to be innocent and I know for a fact that pro-abortion people are for killing them.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

So killing enemies is now analogous to killing babies?
Have babies become enemies to the progressive Left?

Innocent people die due to the aforementioned wars, drone strikes, etc.

They don't deserve to be killed. They are not the enemy.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

So there was a question of "do you support using drones to kill innocent people?"

I doubt you have seen anyone say I am for killing innocent people (except pro abortion crowd).

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I consider a fetus (baby) to be innocent and I know for a fact that pro-abortion people are for killing them.

What does that have to do with what I asked?

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I am anti abortion, but it is lawful and it is between the person and God (if that applies). And It is not for me to direct people on my idea of morality. (even though I am right)
edit on 24-7-2017 by seasonal because: spelling

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I doubt you have seen anyone say I am for killing innocent people (except pro abortion crowd).

Never said you were for the killing of innocent people. But if you're against abortion but condone war and drone strikes, you accept the killing of innocent people. Because it happens.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

True, but not equal.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

What steams my clams

The less said about your clam, the better off we all are.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Never said you were for the killing of innocent people. But if you're against abortion but condone war and drone strikes, you accept the killing of innocent people. Because it happens.

Intent matters.

Killing an innocent civilian in a drone strike against a mass-murderer/enemy combatant is unintentional.
Tearing apart innocent babies in the womb...is intentional!

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

So if a person is against abortion, they have to be a pacifist or else they're a hypocrite.

So once, again, a pro-abortionist is placing demands/qualifications on anyone with an opposing viewpoint.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

What does that have to do with what I asked?

Innocence was part of your question, can you allow me to extrapolate that a bit?

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Intent doesn't.

If you're pro-life and condone actions which kill innocents, you're a hypocrite.

Tearing apart innocent babies in the womb

Nice hyperbole.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

Tearing apart innocent babies in the womb

Nice hyperbole.

Abortion is literally the intentional tearing apart of babies in the womb.

You disagree with that?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join