It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Agency Told Grandfather He’d Have to Give Up Gun Rights to Foster His Grandson

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: EternalShadow

Good christ get outta here with your sovereign citizen crap. It doesn't work, and it certainly doesn't apply here.

It's more comfortable I realize to simply sit in the DMV and wait for your number to be called, vs. actually understanding knowing your rights, contractually or otherwise.

You do your best....stay unaware and blanket everyone who decides to ACTUALLY do some research as "sovereignty" idiots. You do realize your ignorance of law spurns such dismissive attitudes?

The law doesn't work for you because you decided to level off. Don't blame others for your willful disconnect.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: MotherMayEye

You are right he does not have a constitutional right to foster his grandson, they do not have the legal right (at this time) to say choose family or your constitutional rights.

Why?

ETA: Apparently, no one has a right to effect decisions concerning their own family members...

Again, why?

Perhaps a rereading of my initial comment might help?

Or can you explain why this is the case??

I'm soooooooo wanting to hear your take on the jurisdictional foundations that justify these actions..

Please enlighten me....
edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 19 Jul 2017 16:49:13 -05007pmWednesdayth04pm by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

well then here is my question for you, would you be so blase about being forced to choose between family or the constitution if it was an amendment you cared about?

I am being blasé because that's how I feel about many laws.

The hope is that case law refines abhorrent laws to the point of making them more palatable.

I am merely discussing what the Constitution protects. I am not defending the idea that every law is perfect. One thing I am not blasé about is this: Laws/regulations/rules/policy must be applied equally, OR NOT AT ALL, IMO.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

You do understand that this is happening at the state level and not federal, right? If the Trump administration interfered, people would scream about states rights. This will have to go through the court system. Stop with the partisan crap. It's not about Reps/Dems at the federal level.
edit on Wed Jul 19 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: growler

That's a gross, gross, gross over-simplification. We have nearly 250 years of laws and further refining in the courts. Blame every legislature -- state and federal -- and every court if you feel the need to blame anyone.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

well then here is my question for you, would you be so blase about being forced to choose between family or the constitution if it was an amendment you cared about?

Also, I deeply care about the Second Amendment. I don't own a gun. I don't want to feel like I have to buy one, because I am intimidated by guns.

But I feel very strongly about protecting our Second Amendment rights. In fact, I'll be looking to gun owners should the SHTF with a tyrannical government.

Maybe, one day, I'll get the gumption to become familiar enough with them to want to own one.

IOW, it's not guns, it's me. I support the Second Amendment!

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

It's more comfortable to use legal tactics that actually work, yes.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

It's more comfortable to use legal tactics that actually work, yes.

Thank you, I'm not a "sovereign" person, I just want people to exercise their rights, but no one seems to be interested as long as they can, for instance, move through a DMV engagement smoothly....as an example.... that's my point.

It seems a major portion of society is just skimming the surface of law without understanding the roots.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

You are a great poster,I enjoy what you say.I live in Vermont & like everyone here put a big dependence on gun ownership to eat .Starting to think life is not like that for you.If you choose where do you live.Just curious.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Neat. I'll be sure to shout MAN OVERBOARD when you leave, so I can declare victory.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Neat. I'll be sure to shout MAN OVERBOARD when you leave, so I can declare victory.

Victory??

What victory can be had on even an individual level when ignorance of the law is the status quo?

Simply said....Simply followed, without question?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ericendtimes

You are a great poster,I enjoy what you say.I live in Vermont & like everyone here put a big dependence on gun ownership to eat .Starting to think life is not like that for you.If you choose where do you live.Just curious.

Thanks, and that is a good question to ask for some insight.

I was born in Northern Michigan and lived there until 2nd grade. Then my family moved to small town Kentucky where gun ownership/hunting is the most normal thing in the world, until I was in college. Now I live in downtown Louisville, Kentucky.

So, I feel like I have this basic unease about guns, but I also know the most wonderful Second Amendment advocates having lived in Kentucky, so long.

In fact!!! I don't know ANY mass-shooters or murderers that defend the Second Amendment, at all.

But I have lived long enough in downtown Louisville (20 years), that I am pondering gun ownership once my kids are in high school, because gun violence has become a serious problem over the last 5-10 years.

So, complex feelings about it all...I am sure my comments reflect that.

edit on 7/19/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Beware the flag fringe, amigo.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yeah....

That's it....

Dismiss the discussion with stupid comments.

All of us thank you for your invaluable contributions.

Stay dumb.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Something about this doesn't smell right.
Are we sure this isn't fake news?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

You are right he does not have a constitutional right to foster his grandson, they do not have the legal right (at this time) to say choose family or your constitutional rights.

Why?

ETA: Apparently, no one has a right to effect decisions concerning their own family members...

Again, why?

Perhaps a rereading of my initial comment might help?

Or can you explain why this is the case??

I'm soooooooo wanting to hear your take on the jurisdictional foundations that justify these actions..

Please enlighten me....

If you can show me in the constitution where it states you have the right to foster your grandson I would appreciate it and happily admit I was wrong.

ETA: I am looking for something legal to back your opinion not just I feel it does, please and thank you.
edit on 20-7-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Why does his grandson need to be in foster care?
What's wrong with his parents?
Personally I'd never let my child live in a house with guns in it.
But I wouldn't even let them play with water guns when they were little.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join