It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Pro Golfers Are No Longer Allowed Freedom of Attire.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
July 15, 2017

This month, the Ladies Professional Golfing Association put strict limits on what women golfers can wear during play.. I think this is more of a "Social Issue", rather than a change to improve the game of GOLF?

""LPGA pros were sent an email on July 2 with strict new dress code rules. The email, which came from LPGA Player President Vicki Goetze-Ackerman, used somewhat harsh language to detail the new regulations.

Here they are:
--Racerback with a mock or regular collar are allowed (no collar = no racerback)
--Plunging necklines are NOT allowed.
--Leggings, unless under a skort or shorts, are NOT allowed.
--Length of skirt, skort, and shorts MUST be long enough to not see your bottom area (even if covered by under shorts) at any time, standing or bent over.
--Appropriate attire should be worn to pro-am parties. You should be dressing yourself to present a professional image. Unless otherwise told “no,” golf clothes are acceptable. Dressy jeans are allowed, but cut-offs or jeans with holes are NOT allowed. Workout gear and jeans (all colors) NOT allowed inside the ropes.
--Joggers are NOT allowed.""

Source: www.golf.com...

What is wrong with allowing women golfers to wear the clothing/attire that allows each golfer to have her best game? Golf is not a sport where the player physically interacts with other players. If Susan has the most self-confidence and best personal results wearing a chic Hillary Pantsuit, let her wear it, for Christ sake!

What is the underlying reason for this new, restrictive dress code?

-CareWeMust

edit on 7/14/2017 by carewemust because: title adjustment

edit on Sat Jul 15 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX tags added....IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I think they're trying to make the ladies look more professional, instead of people tuning in to see a peep show. Open shirts/plunging necklines lead to peekaboo cleavage and really short skirts reveal too much bottom. I'm all for revealing clothes and letting the ladies wear whatever they're comfortable in, but, them's the rules.
I think all the lady golfers should get together and if they don't agree with the rule changes, go to the commission and tell'em to stuff it.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
That's crap. Let them dress like whores if that's what they want. Golf is not a situation where ass and titties is going to give an unfair advantage.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There is ALWAYS someone around, with nothing better to do, than to tell everyone else what they should and shouldn't do.

LPGA Player President Vicki Goetze-Ackerman is one of these people. She wants to make a name for herself. If she gets away with this, she will really go to town and end up with numbers of pleats allowed and what fabrics are good.

She may even bring out a range of suitable clothes to buy.

Little nobodies wanting attention.

The correct way to go about this, would have been to seek the opinion of every player, male and female.

Just another seeker of power.

P

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I've only watched the LPGA a few hours this decade. They seemed "appropriate" to me...very conservative. Maybe this Player President, Ms. Vicki Goetze-Ackerman, is jealous, or something. I have no idea who she is.

Thanks for the reply and insight, David64!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gr8skott
That's crap. Let them dress like whores if that's what they want. Golf is not a situation where ass and titties is going to give an unfair advantage.

That's what I was thinking, gr8skott. I've never seen LPGA players dressing provocatively, but like you said, it's not like their attire will psyche out other golfers. They're all very disciplined, and really don't interact with each other on the course.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

You saying that this LPGA player president is like the janitor at my High School in the 1980's, LOL!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I think they're trying to make the ladies look more professional, instead of people tuning in to see a peep show. Open shirts/plunging necklines lead to peekaboo cleavage and really short skirts reveal too much bottom. I'm all for revealing clothes and letting the ladies wear whatever they're comfortable in, but, them's the rules.
I think all the lady golfers should get together and if they don't agree with the rule changes, go to the commission and tell'em to stuff it.

This is why I watch tennis instead...

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
If they golfed in bikinis, I think viewership would increase. I would certainly watch for at least 20 minutes.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Isn't that why we have beach volleyball?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
there is only one solution :

A - burkas

B - naked

lets jump straight to the absurd conclusion

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Does anyone think that this new dress code might be an attempt to attract more professional women golfers who used to be men? Or, to appease those female golfers who were men at one time?

There seems to be a movement in society to hide sexuality in sports...or something like that. Not sure how to word what I'm thinking.

There was a restrictive (ultra conservative) dress code applied to female basketball players about 10 years ago.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I seem to remember a more professional dress code pushed on male basket ball players about 10 years ago?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

What do you bet that if Hillary was President, EVERY female sport would require baggy shorts down to the knees...or worse.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I seem to remember a more professional dress code pushed on male basket ball players about 10 years ago?

Maybe. But it didn't include their hair.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Only one thing can rectify this;

Slut Walk.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

There seems to be a movement in society to hide sexuality in sports..

solution = competetive sex tournaments

there are youtube vids out there [ i cannot provide links cos T&C ] that combine olympic sports and sex - quite funny

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

This one does?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Most sports have dress codes or even uniforms.

I fail to see any issue here.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What do you bet that if Hillary was President, EVERY female sport would require baggy shorts down to the knees...or worse.

I dunno, I imagine Hillary would like all women's sports to be played nude, since she swings that way.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join