It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belle Plaine Allows Satanic Monument In City Memorial Park

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
So either we put our satanic monument up or we will sue you. Someone dared put silhouette a person praying over a

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A small Minnesota town is getting a lot of attention for a Satanic monument coming to their veterans park.

The monument going up for The Satanic Temple — which features an upturned helmet atop a black cube — will soon be at the site of the Veterans Memorial Park in Belle Plaine.

It is being built by a group of Satanists out of Massachusetts, and it will be the first Satanic monument on public property in United States history.
minnesota.cbslocal.com...
Here is what we can expect the satanic monument to look like. Nothing like pentagrams and a upside down helmet to say we respect your sacrifice.

And here is the trouble making monument.

Now we are all equal, isn't it wonderful
edit on 12-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The church chat lady from Saturday night live would have their azz
Huh!!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Well it was no secret when I was in USAF boot camp that among the many religious services you could attend on Sundays, Satanism was among one of them.

They wouldn't hold those services if no one was attending. Just saying.

edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 12 Jul 2017 20:30:08 -05007pmWednesdayth08pm by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Ten four

I am sent to break up the groups that are lost and searching........lucifer boys

I've been doing since I was 23 fourth years ago.

We just speak to the problem, not praying to God to help......just doing what Jesus said about that mountain. God wants us to heal and raise from dead, not ask him to do it

Mankind has been given the reins.....speak to the problem yourself.......

That's why in the garden, Satan used the serpent to go after the new creation that was so special....andGod could not just stop it .....only flesh can be a player, so guess what God had to do........
a reply to: EternalShadow

edit on 12-7-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Would that be other faiths?

Buddhist
Earth Centered
Hindu
Jewish
LDS
Islam
Orthodox Christian
Protestant
Roman Catholic
Other Faiths
www.usafa.af.mil...

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Ten four

I am sent to break up the groups that are lost and searching........lucifer boys

I've been doing since I was 23 fourth years ago.

We just speak to the problem, not praying to God to help......just doing what Jesus said about that mountain. God wants us to heal and raise from dead, not ask him to do it

Mankind has been given the reins.....speak to the problem yourself.......

Context please.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I kinda think its cool. At least well done...lets let anybody put anything up....like the articles of free speech say we can. Dont lose yer first merica.!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Nothing like pentagrams and a upside down helmet to say we respect your sacrifice.

It's a hell of a lot less morbid and more respectful than a symbol representing a dude being tortured to death.

A common interpretation of the pentagram is wholeness with the elements and and the divine. Something difficult to achieve without sacrifice. Makes more sense to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hey there, it's why a God had to let Satan deal with Job. In the book of Job.....

In the New Covanent, it says we don't have because we did not ask....gotta go trade that usd/jpy and Aussie....brb

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Where are all of the "freedom from religion" types, protesting this?

What's that I hear? Crickets?

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Where are all of the "freedom from religion" types, protesting this?

What's that I hear? Crickets?

No, you hear laughter from all of us. Because we all warned this would happen.

This beats protesting. It's actually why the Satanic Temple does these things.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Doesn't it matter how the pentagram is pointing?

I guess what ever the community will allow to stay in the area in that park. It boils down to tolerance.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Doesn't it matter how the pentagram is pointing?

I guess what ever the community will allow to stay in the area in that park. It boils down to tolerance.

If you're superstitious about it, I suppose. It's on old Christian churches so maybe Anton flipped it because of that. As a pagan, I use it like the Christians did. We could google it, I suppose. Heh.

Besides, there are satanic soldiers who sacrifice themselves for our government so they should also be represented.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Yep tolerance.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Its actually a quite dignified looking monument,if the picture in your link is a representation.I personally feel all religion and religious symbols/symbolism should be kept out of all public venues.But as far as monuments go,this one is not more offensive than any other sky fairy #.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Yep tolerance.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You want a free speech zone, you get a FREE SPEECH ZONE.

If you want a safe space, stay in church.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

So either we put our satanic monument up or we will sue you. Someone dared put silhouette a person praying over a

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — A small Minnesota town is getting a lot of attention for a Satanic monument coming to their veterans park.

The monument going up for The Satanic Temple — which features an upturned helmet atop a black cube — will soon be at the site of the Veterans Memorial Park in Belle Plaine.

It is being built by a group of Satanists out of Massachusetts, and it will be the first Satanic monument on public property in United States history.
minnesota.cbslocal.com...
Here is what we can expect the satanic monument to look like. Nothing like pentagrams and a upside down helmet to say we respect your sacrifice.

And here is the trouble making monument.

Now we are all equal, isn't it wonderful

You do realize that being a satanist rarely means the person actually believes in the biblical Satan, right? If you don't, you didn't read your own source. It's right there in it, written very clearly:

Despite its name, the Satanic Temple says it does not promote a belief in a personal Satan and that that “religion can, and should, be divorced from superstition.”

The pentagram can be traced back to ancient times all over the globe. It is a sacred symbol of power and protection for many religions, including my own. I don't believe in Satan either. I believe this imaginary being was created as a way of controlling people through fear and intimidation.

Do you not feel that the sacrifice of satanists is equal to that of followers of any other religious faith? They are somehow less deserving than others of a monument representing their faith? They don't have the right to show respect for their fallen as those of other religions are invited to do?

Do some research on the pentagram and its symbolism throughout recorded time. While you're at it, do some research on other religions. Organized religion has a narrow view for a reason. It's always a good idea to take off the blinders from time to time. There's a whole world out there that exists beyond the boundaries of religious indoctrination and bias rooted in superstition; believing that a symbol holds the power of some faceless evil qualifies as superstition...and I mean absolutely nothing spiteful or mocking at all when I'm saying this to you.

Those things only have power over those who believe they have power. And when people attribute a power to something that it does not actually have, they are themselves giving it more power. This is true of just about everything we fear and revile.

So in a way, making a huge deal out of this is actually lending to the power that drives those who created the symbol...whatever it may be. If these people were truly evil, you'd be perpetuating that intent by even talking about it. Words carry power with them, always.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

So for you the symbol hold power but "good" power.

It is a sacred symbol of power and protection for many religions, including my own.

believing that a symbol holds the power of some faceless evil qualifies as superstition

edit on 12-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I was going to point this out as well; satanism is technically a registered organized religion, thereby protected by the bill of rights in America. The military is required to give them their own religious sanctuary, along with the Christians, Bhuddists, Muslims, Hindu's, etc.

I'm not a big fan of organized religion, but I support folk's right to practice their own faith

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join