It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

law professor guilty of sexual harassment for real world legal question about a bikini wax

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Was there a gun held to their head?!? People ask me things all the time and you can CHOOSE whether or not you want to answer. Beautiful thing free will is.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote
Was there a gun held to their head?!? People ask me things all the time and you can CHOOSE whether or not you want to answer. Beautiful thing free will is.

Stop being reasonable. We're talking about college students who are detached from reality.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Was a college student i didnt suffer from chronic debilitating stupidity

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It's an uncomfortable question, but it in no way seems you'd end up feeling although you'd been asked if you did this waxing yourself, since it was posed as hypothetical.

He's teaching about sexual harassment cases and gets busted for having to use an alleged example of one

I'm on the fence a bit on this one, don't know the guy and what else went on in class.

The odd part for me was the customer "T" stripping down hakf naked and walking over to the treatment bed. In a doctors setting you'd strip in private, be given a disposable paper sheet to wrap around you and then hop up on the table all covered up by the paper sheet until it needs to be moved out of the way.
edit on 10-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

Customer was an exhibitionist , therefore has no case. Maybe he included that strange part in the question to see if they caught on ?

That might be where it gets tricky as they might have felt inclined ("forced") to reveal they' keep the sheet on and that changes the ruling.

Ok he's out of line then.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Universities are becoming a melting pot of emotionally weak betas of both genders.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

The main thing is:

Did you feel sexually harassed when reading the exam question?

No, me neither..

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
We need to get the judicial system out of everything.

The government has way to much control.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I have a vagina. Who's scared?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Not really but I edited. my post after your reply.

Not enough information to really know .
I'm still on the fence because there's more to it than what the article provides

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Railroaded by sjws. Thankfully sjws are slowing going to kill their own movement as they piss off more and more people.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

I have a vagina. Who's scared?

edit on 10/7/2017 by Planet teleX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

and meanwhile - in the real world........................

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

only if it has teeth

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet

Customer was an exhibitionist , therefore has no case. Maybe he included that strange part in the question to see if they caught on ?
That might be where it gets tricky as they might have felt inclined ("forced") to reveal they' keep the sheet on and that changes the ruling.

Ok he's out of line then.

Except that would mean the question could only be answered correctly by someone with specific knowledge of the process.

A scenario-based question should only require those facts set out in the text. The student is only required to introduce legal knowledge in order to answer the question, not their own experience of the same/similar scenarios.

Another factor is that the person who wrote the question has probably not experienced that scenario so is unaware of the technicalities, which is another reason why the student is only required to rely on the facts set out in the question.

So, no, they were not required to reveal anything. If they wanted to introduce their own experience in order to explore other avenues, that's their choice, but it is not required.

Source: years of writing scenario-based exam questions for under- and post-grad law students.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Also, just to clarify - this appears to have been a purely multiple choice question? In which case, where does the revelation element come in to it? Or are they asked to then give a written analysis of why they chose that particular answer?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Customer was an exhibitionist , therefore has no case

Are you sure about that?

Edited to add: withdrew the challenge as it's a bit unfair, my answer was from the perspective of UK civil procedure

edit on Ev26MondayMondayAmerica/ChicagoMon, 10 Jul 2017 05:26:27 -05004762017b by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
What are these terrified little campers going to do when they have to deal with a Rape case involving kids? Something that is truly uncomfortable to deal with, if the school had an ounce of Integrity they would have sat the students down and talked about their life choices and tried to steer them into a different career path.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
What are these terrified little campers going to do when they have to deal with a Rape case involving kids? Something that is truly uncomfortable to deal with, if the school had an ounce of Integrity they would have sat the students down and talked about their life choices and tried to steer them into a different career path.

I studied mental health, drug and alcohol and children at risk. The latter introduced us to some very nasty scenarios that we had to work with, including things involving this very thing. To identify the signs and circumstances.

A lot of people had to leave some classes as it was quite realistic.

But it is the nature of the work they were wanting to engage in. the real world doesn't have a pause button, let alone a "I feel violated by your reality" clause.

I think the students involved in this law suit would have been more prepared to serve big macs..

edit on 10/7/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Not really but I edited. my post after your reply.

Not enough information to really know .
I'm still on the fence because there's more to it than what the article provides

Actually, the best bit is that only the last two sentences are important. Everything else is a red herring.

It's a purely procedural question that is inviting students to head off on an irrelevant tangent because they're not actually paying attention to the question. There is absolutely no need to have any understanding or experience of the scenario.

This really is as simple as stupid students doing what stupid students have always done - not read the question.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Can't imbed from my phone but this has to be shown. If someone can be a peach and imbed for me I would appreciate it

youtu.be...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join