It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness monster spotted? Tourists' photo sparks debate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Australian tourists Peter Jackson (no relation to the filmmaker of the same name) and Phillippa Wearne were driving along the loch when they spotted an object in the water and took a picture of the object on their phone, The Sun reports. They showed it to a local skipper who said he had "not seen anything like it."

“It was pretty big even from 150 yards or more offshore. I didn’t know what to think. We took photos and showed them to people at a B&B and then showed them to people on a cruise,” said Phillippa.

Loch Ness monster spotted? Tourists' photo sparks debate

The spotters never claimed to see the object itself moving (in this story), only that it.....

Wearne added that the object was "moving fast but in the direction of the current," and quipped that if the skipper had not seen anything like that before, "then it must be something.”

It is only the 2nd official spotting this year to date.

Seems if it was not moving itself (i.e. in an articulate way) but only along with the current (is there a current in the Loch?), it could just be a case of some flotsam floating on the surface.

Your thoughts ATS?

Any members here local that can provide more details or personal accounts?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
To me it looks like a large tree branch.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
To me it looks like a large tree branch.

Especially if there was no note that it was moving in any sort of articulated manner. At least it was not mentioned in the story. That is why I was hoping for a local ATS Scot to chime in here that might have more details of this sighting. Knowing the media, the real story could have had that information in it and was cut out for space purposes.

edit on 6/28/2017 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Total fussy and unidentifiable pic-more of the same from the Loch.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This world, and this site, needs some Loch Ness monster.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Looks to Laz like an elephant out for a swim...'nuff said.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

That could be anything. I spend a lot of time on the water, both fresh and salt water. It is very difficult to identify anything floating on the surface from a distance, even when you are used to observing such an environment. I really wish this was some type of evidence. The original Loch pic's and the Patterson-Gimlin film are what got me into these topics as a kid.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Ahh Nessie...its been a while.

*clicked the link and scrolled to the pick.

Awe.....

She could be dead by now as far as we know. Though like a whale. If she was dead. her bloated carcass should make it to shore. Or she's to heavy and sunk to the bottom for the grabs and other vulture like sea creatures.

No..I wont believe it. She cant be dead.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short
Looks to Laz like an elephant out for a swim...'nuff said.

A kilted highland proboscis elephant?

I concur.

Or a tree branch...

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

More fuzzy pics, just like all the bigfoot pics.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well, it takes 2 to make a Loch Ness monster. Perhaps there are babies? The sightings do go back a long long time.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Old legends never die, and neither will this one.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well, if it's not a piece of thread disguised as a mermaid, it's a log that's a monster.

Either way - these 2 are LESS fake news than all the TV's put together.

I am inclined to be suspicious that the mermaid and monster are working together to # us all up.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
looks to me like debris. sorry to break hearts and burst bubbles but there it is. something tells me that if there was a plesiosaurus that somehow survived the last dozen centuries, it would have either died or found its way to a much more secluded body of water. shy creatures are quick to escape the public eye and we have given it plenty of reason to do so.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Well, if it's not a piece of thread disguised as a mermaid, it's a log that's a monster.

I am inclined to be suspicious that the mermaid and monster are working together to # us all up.

is it okay if we have just one thread where such unsavory matters are not permitted to intrude? even a fake nessie is a relief from the constant media melodrama.

now i really wish it was a nessie. someone photoshop a dinosaur wearing stylish swim goggles and a comically disproportionate island on its head into the pic. because of reasons.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Fun story I was told while taking a trip on the Loch.
Seems back in..I guess the 30s or 40s, whenever they used to use those great metal helms with the air pumped from a boat, anyhow, the royal navy had 4 guys go in the loch for training. they were down there for about a minute when all 4 of them pulled on the line for an emergency evac. brought up and they said they seen eels of enormous size down below that swam right next to them.

Perhaps that is what it is..gigantic eels

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

That cotton thread in that mermaid thread looked like a mermaid with a big nose.
Undeniable
That Loch Ness monster looks as much like a big nosed Mermaid as a sea creature would, Mermaid waving?

I like it, sorta

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Yeah, look legit to me - an Ent perhaps? Loch Ness is surely stuffed to the rafters with different shaped monsters.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Im not even positive the object is on the water.

To me it looks like a leaf falling from the tree in the foreground
edit on 29-6-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Its a graboid from that documentary "Tremors"

top topics

<<   2 >>

join