It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the worlds people more barbaric these days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Many of us here live out of our birth country and see and experience the view of the world in a much open minded view. The country that I live in here is politically falling apart due to greed and under the table money exchanges. For the last 2 decades I've been paying into the "what America calls Social Security" about 140 USD a month. It's a flat rate not based on your gross income. And yet soon, I'll get about 140 USD a month Social Security in this country. While the politicians make well over 3000 dollars a month after serving in office. Is this happening in your country also?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
You win!

You confused me by your title, followed by your OP (they dont jive!)

I dont know which to reply to.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
You win!

You confused me by your title, followed by your OP (they dont jive!)

I dont know which to reply to.

I guess I'm just releasing a bit of reality that ponders my mind these days.

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I would say that people aren't necessarily getting more barbaric, but that instant information exchange on a global scale has made the barbarism more well known. And for only a paltry $140 a month, could you really blame them if they were more barbaric?

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'm guilty.....too rough, I'm really a creampuff

Just now on another thread I was a little harsh on our good buddy neutronflush

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
I'm guilty.....too rough, I'm really a creampuff

Just now on another thread I was a little harsh on our good buddy neutronflush

no one is guilty in life unless the mind tells you so

posted on Jun, 26 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
But i posted that neutronflush was a robot posting replys that sounded tinny....like came from a can,

I'm terrible

edit on 26-6-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

To reply to your thread title, i say as someone else also stated. The world is not necessarily more barbaric, but the information spreads across the planet so fast and in such a huge amount, that it makes it feel worse than it perhaps in the past days was. I read the news daily, and more often than not, it devastates me mentally. And if i block news, and just do my stuff like playing computer games and meeting friends, i get drifted too far away from reality. A two edged sword right there.

What comes to politicians, they easily get 6000-15000 euros a month here in Finland. But this is still a somewhat democratic country, so i don't want to blame them and loathe them, "all" i have to do is get into politics, get a growing support group behind my back, get elected, and get a truckload of money. Which i will never do, so i won't whine about that subject.

top topics

join