It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaCare - Republicans Swept Democrats Due to the ACA Infringing on Americans Freedom.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
June 24, 2017

When Republicans started sweeping Democrats out of office all across America in 2010, their main rallying cry was "We Must Repeal ObamaCare!".

But as the below article points out, it wasn't due to Increasing Premiums, Losing Doctors, Soaring Deductibles...all the things we're hearing about now as reasons for Repeal-Replace. In 2010, none of that had happened yet.

Instead, Americans wanted the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) repealed because it represented Federal Government taking away one of our Individual Freedoms. Americans were going to be punished by the Federal Government (IRS), starting in 2014, if we didn't have the type of health insurance the Government told us to have, or if we (gasp!) didn't buy any at all.

There was no "Replace". As Americans became more aware of the many LIES that were used to sell ObamaCare, the public started realizing that we were sold a bag of goods..a lemon. As a result, the pickup of seats by Republicans accelerated. By the end of 2016...Over 1,000 Democrats had been removed from elected office in this country. ObamaCare infringing on our Freedom was the initial catalyst for this massive firing of Democrats.

ObamaCare Architect JONATHAN GRUBER sent the Repeal ObamaCare movement into turbo mode, when he was caught on hidden camera smugly declaring...

"“Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage, and basically, you know, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical to getting the thing to pass,” Jonathan Gruber said at the Annual Health Economics Conference.

Gruber was a key player in developing the law, and those remarks weren’t the only time an Obama adviser suggested the administration had pulled a fast one with the law.

“They proposed it and that passed because the American voters are too stupid to understand the difference,” he said.""

SOURCE.. A GOOD READ!: www.redstate.com...

After 2013, when 90% of ObamaCare went into effect, the phrase "Repeal and REPLACE" became the promise. That's when we saw premiums skyrocketing, doctors dropping out, deductibles rising, employers cutting back employee hours, and the $$$ penalties for not having government-mandated, or any, health insurance.

But, there were about 3% of Americans who were greatly benefiting from ObamaCare. They now had Free Medicaid, or could now buy health insurance, because medical conditions prevented them from being insured before 2014.

So now, here we are with protecting the 3%, being as important as repealing the burdensome, freedom-robbing, Affordable Care Act...ObamaCare.

Republicans are trying to do both, which is doable, so long as they lay clear-cut ground rules. I think the Senate's Repeal-Replace formula does a good job of this, and that the Republican majority is doing the right thing by not giving in to Democrat demands..but that's for another thread. At any rate, I thought this little "recent-history of ObamaCare" would make a good refresher for those who are following the Repeal-Replace saga.

-CareWeMust
edit on 6/25/2017 by carewemust because: formatting adjustment

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The entire idea of my government in my body every damn part of it disturbs me deeply....
My body is none of their business.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I understand that there are people that want the Government to parent them through life. The problem is they are forcing the rest of us to live the life THEY want for themselves.

That isn't fair and it really pisses me off.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Yeah.

The "Individual Mandate" is what pissed me off the most.
edit on 25-6-2017 by DBCowboy because: Obama and Hillary suck

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote
The entire idea of my government in my body every damn part of it disturbs me deeply....
My body is none of their business.

Originally, it was a combination of Freedom Reduction/Punishment that made Americans hate ObamaCare.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I understand that there are people that want the Government to parent them through life. The problem is they are forcing the rest of us to live the life THEY want for themselves.

That isn't fair and it really pisses me off.

And that is the root issue that Republicans need to focus on in their current repeal-replace effort. They keep being distracted by Democrats, Liberal Media and CBO scores.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Hard to get anything done while this Russian narrative going.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah.

The "Individual Mandate" is what pissed me off the most.

What people didn't know is that until this year, the IRS had no way of knowing if you were lying, or telling the truth, when you answered "Yes" to the "Do did you have health insurance for the entire year?"

The complicated software and communications system for verifying that you were insured, was not active at the IRS until 12.31.2016.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Insurers are pulling out of major markets, obamacare is dead in the water.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: why4what

Hard to get anything done while this Russian narrative going.

Very perceptive of you, Why4What! Last I heard, around 200 people who normally help Congress create and write bills, are currently assigned to either the House or Senate Russia investigation. That's definitely sapping resources which should be devoted to fulfilling the President's visions for making America even greater. Not to mention the Congressmen who are investing several hours into this every day, instead of working for their constituents.

But this is what the Democrats want...to dilute the Republican Congress's effectiveness. Hurting a nation is a form of terrorism isn't it?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: why4what

Insurers are pulling out of major markets, obamacare is dead in the water.

Right again. In fact, I have a thread dedicated to following their departures.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
It was definitely a big deal amongst centrist voters, most of which didnt like it, from my experience.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
To win something in a sweep usually means you won the whole thing, so first false statement.

To claim that obamacare was the only reason the democrats lost is again another false statement.

Hillary, the bad economy, and the cries from the right wieners have all together helped trump win, but hey dont let that stop you guys from posting cheer leading stories to make trumptards feel better about themselves.

Oh and murikains in general are too dumb to understand what this story is trying to claim.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Are you still for the single payer mandate? You think whatever Donald Trump tweets is some kind of biblical prophecy.

Obamacare was just Romneycare writ-large. Newt Gingrich introduced it as a response to Hillarycare and the insurance companies are capitalizing.

edit on (6/25/1717 by PistolPete because: syntax

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

I live in Pennsylvania.

My taxes pay for a lot of hillbilly cretins and their #holes to have kids that their Access Card pays for. The same cats that fly Confederate flags and slap Trump stickers on their trucks.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I heard about everyone I know lament Obamacare from the beginning. And I dont mean just because they were maybe conservatives, nope it was about how it affected them.

And now we get to see Obamaobamaobamacare supporters kick and threash that anyone trying to repeal it are tantamount to being murderers, and justify attempted mass murders like the Congress shooting, because of it.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I heard about everyone I know lament Obamacare from the beginning. And I dont mean just because they were maybe conservatives, nope it was about how it affected them.

And now we get to see Obamaobamaobamacare supporters kick and threash that anyone trying to repeal it are tantamount to being murderers, and justify attempted mass murders like the Congress shooting, because of it.

The repeal failed already, the gop just tweaked it, so yea another fail by trump and the gop.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

But this is what the Democrats want...to dilute the Republican Congress's effectiveness. Hurting a nation is a form of terrorism isn't it?

It wasn't when the Republicans did it so why now? Also isn't throwing millions off healthcare a form of terrorism?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Not really a response to my post. Maybe you thought such a little jab might get to me? It's been a while since we tango'd.

But I'll respond in a way that is 'on topic' with what I said:

The other day, when it came out that they pretty much just merely dialed it back to 350% from 400%, there was still a doomsday thread posted with OP and friends for pages screaming about how dead bodies are going to stack up over the change.

Perhaps dude was expecting it to be totally gutted out, and wrote a piece for that, but then when the actual lackluster results went public he still ran with it.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Not really a response to my post. Maybe you thought such a little jab might get to me? It's been a while since we tango'd.

But I'll respond in a way that is 'on topic' with what I said:

The other day, when it came out that they pretty much just merely dialed it back to 350% from 400%, there was still a doomsday thread posted with OP and friends for pages screaming about how dead bodies are going to stack up over the change.

Perhaps dude was expecting it to be totally gutted out, and wrote a piece for that, but then when the actual lackluster results went public he still ran with it.

Or perhaps trump ran on a promise he couldent keep, pretty simple answer if you ask me.

Trump and the gop have both houses, but still cant repeal it, its obama fault am i right?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join