It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Motorcyclist Detained for Driving at Protesters on SF Street

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: justneo
I'm not saying what he did was right or anything. But it's not like he did anything illegal he was riding on the road, if anything the protesters are the ones doing the illegal stuff you know by laying in the middle of a road.

Sorry that protest hurts your feelings. Sometimes it's just matter of scale...but the thought remains.

How'd that work out for them again?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
has anyone ever thought that maybe, just maybe this group did have permission for this protest?? would explain why none of them were arrested, as well as why the guy was going the wrong way on the street??
this is adapt.... and this kind of protest is how they began. there's even a plaque dedicated to their founders in Denver.

In 1978 protests by a group of demonstrators referred to as The Gang of Nineteen, were members from the Atlantis Community. In 1983, they started ADAPT after several years of local bus protests.[2] The intersection where the plaque is placed, was the site of the first demonstration for wheelchair accessible public transportation, on July 5 and 6, 1978. Nineteen members of the Atlantis Community chanted "We Will Ride" and blocked buses with their wheelchairs, staying in the streets all night.

The plaque was placed at the Denver intersection stating: "WE WILL RIDE"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and, what were the disabled protesters chanting in dc?? oh ya...
"No cuts to medicaid.
SAVE OUR LIBERTY."

many of our disabled are in need of assistance just do perform the basics, they rely on home health aids, meals on wheels, ect. without these programs, some would be forced into nursing homes. And, wherever the truth is about the republican bill, there is reason for them to worry!!

homehealthcarenews.com...

and then there's the damage that might be caused to disabled children...

With all the sweeping changes the Republican bill would impose, little attention has been paid to its potential impact on education. School districts rely on Medicaid, the federal health care program for the poor, to provide costly services to millions of students with disabilities across the country. For nearly 30 years, Medicaid has helped school systems cover costs for special education services and equipment, from physical therapists to feeding tubes. The money is also used to provide preventive care, such as vision and hearing screenings, for other Medicaid-eligible children.

www.nytimes.com...

they started out just wanting "To Boldly Go Where Everyone Else has Gone Before" by gaining access to the public transit system... and they've proven their worth many times over! and, well, it appears that if yous want to send them back to the 1970's well, they will literally take it laying down!!

again, just like it really didn't matter if there really was wmd's in iraq or not, just the fear that there might be was enough to have a large number of people wanting to bomb the hades out of them...
just like it doesn't matter weather a pregnant women really would suffer economic harm, illness, or death whatever.... her fear that it might be so might send her to an abortion clinic...

well... these people fear that the healthcare bill will take away their freedom and liberty!! and they will act accordingly. maybe if the republicans in the senate instead of hiding behind closed doors while crafting the bill and then letting loose a rough draft a week before they want to cram it down our throats, they should bring it out into the lgiht, open it up for discussions, assure the disabled that they will continue to get the services they need to be able to live as independently as they possibly can.... that is, unless the fear is justified!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: MysticPearl

There's no excuse for aiming a vehicle at people.

Protest on the sidewalk. People have jobs to go to.

I don't like the health care bill, either. But these protests get 0 done.
edit on 24-6-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Throes

it's a one way street in the middle of downtown, I'm sure there was an alternate route people could take to get to work... and as far as those who might have been working in that area, well, they may had to park their car in one of the parking lots and walk to their job site in which case..... what would they be walking on??? oh ya, the sidewalk!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

So you are okay with those people infringing (inconveniencing) others.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: dawnstar

So you are okay with those people infringing (inconveniencing) others.

It appears to me that the people must of had a proper permit to stage the protest, otherwise they would of been arrested.

It's also telling that the rider of the motorcycle was arrested for his actions.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That's just guessing.

Hell ANTIFA can cause fires and destroy property in Berkeley and they didn't get arrested.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

a reply to: introvert

That's just guessing.

Hell ANTIFA can cause fires and destroy property in Berkeley and they didn't get arrested.

It is a guess, but it seems most logical.

Why would they arrest him and not the others? They were easy to catch, just lying on the ground and all.
edit on 24-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The protesters were protesting the Senate release of their version of the healthcare bill.

They did it the very day that the Senate released their version.

How could they know that the Senate was going to release it, and what it was going to say?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

hmmm....
in my city, most of the federal agencies, ya know like social security are in the down town area... with all it's one way streets, lack of parking, ect. guess what I tried three times to get to the social security office when I wanted to apply for it, by the time, the first time, I just couldn't find the place...
the second time, I found the place, but couldn't find anyplace close by to park.
the third time, I found the place, managed to find someplace to park a few blocks away walked to it, but learned it was the wrong place, they had moved the social security office!! I about kills me to walk a few blocks!!!

having the veterans affairs, the social security offices, the city tax collector, and whatever else in the down town area is a bigger inconvenience to the handicapped than having a few people blocking a one way road for a period of time..
especially when you consider some of the other protests that have taken place, where there's thousands of people marching down the street, blocking off much larger portions of many streets!!
and, how is it compared to the inconvenience that would be caused by the school systems if the medicaid that they receive for the special education programs is lost, or to the kids that are in these programs, or to the adults who might find that their meals on wheels is lost, their home health aides, ect. is your access to one small block of downtown really worth more than their ability to live as independently as they possibly can??? which by the way, if they are put into nursing homes, they will be costing someone, maybe the taxpayers, a whole lot more!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Wookiep

It's not lawful, it's civil disobedience. Regardless vigilantism is against the law, if people lay down in the street no one has legal authority to convict them and punish them on the spot. Call the cops.

Who was convicted and punished?? Oh, that's right, NO ONE!!

Good grief, your agenda is showing. Tired of threads about the attempted assassination of members of Congress, or celebrities calling for violence?

Quit that bullsht. Talk about an agenda... paint everyone left as cheering any violence against the Right.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It was hinted at a couple of days before. Also it was a 10 minute protest and kind of telling there was no traffic backed up anywhere near them.

But it's all okay for this guy to do what he did cuz liberals.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

So they protested something they didn't even read.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

So they protested something they didn't even read.

Absolutely.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
why not, how many are gonna pass the danged thing without reading it???

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
why not, how many are gonna pass the danged thing without reading it???

Ask Pelosi.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

It doesn't matter how stupid you think the protest was, it doesn't lessen how wrong the motorcyclist was.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

That's true.

There is no way to determine how long the protesters feelings are going to be hurt.

The PTSD is right up there with 9/11, the Hindenberg, Pearl Harbor.

Oh, the humanity!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Keep contorting in order to justify your bigotry against the left.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Bigotry?

So I'm a bigot because I don't believe the same as you.

hahahahahahahahaha

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join