It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Council of Britain: Perpetrator Was 'Motivated By Islamophobia'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Not sure what they know that the police and officials have not released yet but it appears the Muslim Council of Britain is already on record calling Finsbury Park a motivated Islamophobia attack. I guess we will find out if they are right in a few hours.

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2017/jun/19/north-london-van-incident-finsbury-park-casualties-collides-pedestrians-live-updates?page=with:block-5947 45c6e4b0d5ab311e92d6#block-594745c6e4b0d5ab311e92d6

Muslim Council of Britain: perpetrator was 'motivated by Islamophobia'

A statement from the Muslim Council of Britain has condemned the incident, noting it is “widely being described as a terror attack”. The statement said witness accounts described the van “intentionally ploughed into a group of worshippers who were already tending to someone who had been taken ill”. Harun Khan, secretary general of the Muslim Council of Britain said:

During the night, ordinary British citizens were set upon while they were going about their lives, completing their night worship. My prayers are with the victims and their families. It appears from eye witness accounts that the perpetrator was motivated by Islamophobia.

Over the past weeks and months, Muslims have endured many incidents of Islamophobia, and this is the most violent manifestation to date. Given we are approaching the end of the month of Ramadan and the celebration of Eid with many Muslims going to local mosques, we expect the authorities to increase security outside mosques as a matter of urgency.

Muslim communities have been calling for increased action to tackle the growth in hate crime for many years and transformative action must now be taken to tackle not only this incident but the hugely worrying growth in Islamophobia. Many will feel terrorised, no doubt be angry and saddened by what has taken place tonight. We urge calm as the investigation establishes the full facts, and in these last days of Ramadan, pray for those affected and for justice.”

Police are yet to say whether the event in Finsbury Park constitutes a terrorist attack.

edit on 18-6-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Wow. That was quick. Maybe it was less motivated by islamophobia and more motivated via islamo-reality.

Can't wait to hear what Khan says next. Just part and parcel of living in a big city?

The revenge attacks play into the hands of the Islamic ideology and give it more power. We need to hold back till it becomes such a problem we need to legislate. Because it will become that big a problem.

a reply to: infolurker

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Not sure what they know that the police and officials have not released yet but it appears the Muslim Council of Britain is already on record calling Finsbury Park a motivated Islamophobia attack. I guess we will find out if they are right in a few hours.

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/live/2017/jun/19/north-london-van-incident-finsbury-park-casualties-collides-pedestrians-live-updates?page=with:block-5947 45c6e4b0d5ab311e92d6#block-594745c6e4b0d5ab311e92d6

Muslim Council of Britain: perpetrator was 'motivated by Islamophobia'

A statement from the Muslim Council of Britain has condemned the incident, noting it is “widely being described as a terror attack”. The statement said witness accounts described the van “intentionally ploughed into a group of worshippers who were already tending to someone who had been taken ill”. Harun Khan, secretary general of the Muslim Council of Britain said:

During the night, ordinary British citizens were set upon while they were going about their lives, completing their night worship. My prayers are with the victims and their families. It appears from eye witness accounts that the perpetrator was motivated by Islamophobia.

Over the past weeks and months, Muslims have endured many incidents of Islamophobia, and this is the most violent manifestation to date. Given we are approaching the end of the month of Ramadan and the celebration of Eid with many Muslims going to local mosques, we expect the authorities to increase security outside mosques as a matter of urgency.

Muslim communities have been calling for increased action to tackle the growth in hate crime for many years and transformative action must now be taken to tackle not only this incident but the hugely worrying growth in Islamophobia. Many will feel terrorised, no doubt be angry and saddened by what has taken place tonight. We urge calm as the investigation establishes the full facts, and in these last days of Ramadan, pray for those affected and for justice.”

Police are yet to say whether the event in Finsbury Park constitutes a terrorist attack.

Odd how quick they are calling this a terror attack in the MSM right?

Seems like it takes a week or more for every Muslim terror attack for it to be called as such, even though lately they have been weekly.

Guessing this is going to be the start of a new MSM agenda to re-label terrorists as those that oppose Islam.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
How does that old saying go? Eye for an eye?

Whilst I myself condemn this incident fully, no one can claim it wasn't expected eventually with the rise in attacks against westerners in Britain.

In saying that though, I hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence from westerners as targeting muslims as a whole is not the way forward.

Sure, cleanse the earth of the islamic extremists cause I'm all for eradicating those sub humans but the innocents on both sides need to unite and collectively take action against this scum, on both sides!

Unfortunately it won't happen. It's going to get far, far worse before it gets better. If it gets better.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   
"Islamophobia"? Come up with a real English word, ..and it may mean something...Untill then? It's kind of like, "homophobia",.. to mean, (man afraid of himself?)..Very few of us "public educated" commoners even understand half the crap you folks are trying to make us understand. Your,.."education"
Didn't take. So? Now we're left wondering .. if you idiots even knew, what you were talking about. Because the more you talk? The dumber/ignorant, you sound. ..just saying.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This will have the unfortunate consequence of enabling apologists to claim that White people also committ terrorist atrocities, and further disregard the dispropotionallity in that erroneous claim.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

you can thank the government officials for coining terms.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

I confess to being an Islamaphobe. Islam scares me.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Multiple sources sharing what a witness had quoted from the van driver:
"Finsbury Park van driver screamed 'I want to kill all Muslims' after mowing down crowds"

THE driver who ploughed into pedestrians near Finsbury Park mosque screamed “I want to kill all Muslims” moments after the incident, an eyewitness has claimed.

Source

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   
So one wonders...with all official reports and MSM sugar coating all things Muslim..... Just what generated this act? What activated the let's get em switch? Something set this off....many possibilities, but some in the west are ready to go full cowboy on some, they know where these tolerant ones hang out and they are mostly one group, profiling another group.....it's a government sponsored powder keg...

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Islamophobia? Oh, you mean people fighting back after all that has been done to them? What a concept...
edit on 19-6-2017 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Another "Phobia"... Here we go! More cowards that are "Afraid" of things, to "justify" their "actions". And give some "lawyer" a "Tax write Off"... I'm still wondering why the "muslim council " didn't stop their idiots? ..Just asking/saying? Not being a dick.... I'm sure it didn't fit the agenda.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake
"Finsbury Park van driver screamed 'I want to kill all Muslims' after mowing down crowds"

THE driver who ploughed into pedestrians near Finsbury Park mosque screamed “I want to kill all Muslims” moments after the incident, an eyewitness has claimed.

Source

Well at least he didn't scream "God is Great" I guess.

Either way....the very quick reporting of whatever he screamed and it being labeled a terrorist attack is concerning to me.

It was the next day before the Ariana Grande attack was labeled as such, and even then it was not widely reported as being religiously linked as a terrorist attack.

I think we are seeing the beginning of a new agenda.

It's almost as if the MSM is driving the next religious war. If only the public at large would realize that religion is the factor behind almost every war in history...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
They want protection? Their kin are doing terrorist attacks on people in London and other areas who are innocent bystanders going along with their lives. Nobody can protect the ones these radicalized Muslims are killing.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but here is the point, if the cops have their forces protecting the Muslims less will be out there protecting those that terrorists will be attacking. I feel the Muslims should do more to turn in the terrorists if they suspect they are going to do a terrorist attack. Some do report them to the police, and the police can't do anything, this is a problem.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Interesting, I watched a young Muslim bystander who claims he seen the whole thing but he said the man said nothing.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Interesting, I watched a young Muslim bystander who claims he seen the whole thing but he said the man said nothing.

There is a lot of speculation currently. I heard there were 3 people in the van, that someone was also stabbed, etc.

Everything is conflicting currently.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Which video source did you watch?

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

When Muslims attack the English, is it Englishophobia? Westernophobia?

If not, why?

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Source

Well at least he didn't scream "God is Great" I guess.

Either way....the very quick reporting of whatever he screamed and it being labeled a terrorist attack is concerning to me.

It was the next day before the Ariana Grande attack was labeled as such, and even then it was not widely reported as being religiously linked as a terrorist attack.

I think we are seeing the beginning of a new agenda.

It's almost as if the MSM is driving the next religious war. If only the public at large would realize that religion is the factor behind almost every war in history...

It's terrorism the same. It's terrorism in reply to terrorism.

It's not just the MSM pushing for these things. Alt News has Islamophobia news day in and day out, has people freaking out scared to death of Islam. No need for a FF here when people are already self radicalizing by media influence.

link   

originally posted by: infolurker

There is a lot of speculation currently. I heard there were 3 people in the van, that someone was also stabbed, etc.

Everything is conflicting currently.

Any sources of stabbing as well, have also seem people mention that but haven't seen where it comes from.
edit on 19-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: double post

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join