It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STUDY: Need to show sensitivity to migrant wife beaters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Over the last few years the Australian Government has launched advertising campaigns tackling the issue of Domestic Violence against women and children. The statistics of DV are meant to be high compared to other Western nations but the government never discloses things such as the stats of the age and social demographic of the families involved. One can assume that the risk factors of DV would be higher in people from cultural backgrounds where DV is legally allowed or sanctioned by ideology.

Now The Daily Telegraph has reported that the latest study into this issue focusses on migrant families and has concluded that we need to be sensitive to migrants perpetrators of domestic violence because it could 'hurt their feelings"

Daily Telegraph: cultural sensitivity needs to be shown to Refugees who comitt domestic violence

Another Link if you don't have a DT subscription 'Migrants should be shown 'cultural sensitivity' study says'

The study which was orchestrated by UNSW that the issue of domestic violence could be worsened if male refugees are ignored. It also argues that women and children who do make attempts to adopt an Australian way of life and its values will be 'cruelly punished'. Many migrant victims of the abuse are oblivious to the support they can receive or avenues they can take to rectify their problems such as divorce according to Shakti migrant women's support group national co-ordinator Tamana Mirzada. 'Often they don't have the capacity­ to leave,' Ms Mirzada revealed.

'Violence against women is unacceptable in any circumstances,' Ms Cash told The Saturday Telegraph. The study has however called for 'cultural sensitivity and understanding of the impact on male refugees' who suffer a sense of separation and an overwhelming feeling of disappointment when their views are repulsed by society.

The report did point out refugees' appreciation for the factors of Australian life such as healthcare and education that were not available to them in their home nations, yet a 'major point of contention' was the differing views on women's and children's rights. What was most upsetting for many refugees was the strong stance Australians had when it came to domestic violence It will be this Australian ethos that will repel the study's findings with many in union with Prevention of Domestic Violence Minister Pru Goward who insists wife beaters must 'change their ways.'

This comes in the wake of footage leaked from a Muslim women's conference where Sydney primary school teacher Reem Allouche told the women's arm of hardline political group Hizb ut-Tahrir that men are permitted to hit women with traditional Islamic sticks and laughed as she demonstrated the proper way to hit a wife with it.

Maybe it's just me but it seems like a straightforward thing: don't beat your wife and children. You have now been educated that it is 'never okay' you know it is wrong now so take steps to ensure that it doesn't happen again. I think the government needs to invest in more support for migrants and put both male & females into classes that teach about other ways of dealing with anger and frustration and list the support networks available for victims of DV.

Honestly domestic violence is a horrible situation to be in but the PC brigade would have a fit if actions were taken to target the message to migrants just as they had a heart attack because the new migrant vetting process asks questions about views on DV, child marriage and forced marriage.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

But... she was askin' for it?

$h1t is really getting ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

For some god unknown reason (at least to me) the Leftest Globalist Progressives in the world are bound and determined to "fundamentally transform" western valued nations into 3rd world s#itholes.

I assume if they can succeed in "balkanizing" our countries that they believe they can control us.

edit on 16-6-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I don't get this stance of treating the perpertrator as the real victim

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Apparently they like their women like they like their fried clams, battered.

In the US we've had this issue for a while with immigrants from Central and South America. Judges have made it clear, even in Massachusetts which is a very liberal state, that in the US you have to abide by US law, regardless of your cultural heritage.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I would absolutely show them sensitivity.

I would grab a baseball bat and show them all the sensitive parts of their body.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
That's about the craziest headline I've read all day, wow.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
OHHHH GIVE THE WIFE BEATERS A NATION WIDE SAFE SPACE TO BE SCUM. YEYEAH!!

If beating their wife and kicking their dog is something they 'need' to do culturally, and cant adjust to living in a civilized society with scores of laws against it, then then need not apply for a visa etc.

edit on 16-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Deport all abusers and criminals. Simple. Case closed.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
If these immigrants are going to live in Australia, they have to follow the laws just like everyone else does. You beat your wife, you get charged and pay the consequences. They are coming to Oz, they are not forced to go there, they have to follow the rules of OZ. Even Alice had to follow the rules of OZ

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Does that count if I move to Australia from the US? Cuz i feel like some beatin'!

(/s)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
In Texas we would show em by the craque of their azzes

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

For some god unknown reason (at least to me) the Leftest Globalist Progressives in the world are bound and determined to "fundamentally transform" western valued nations into 3rd world s#itholes.

I assume if they can succeed in "balkanizing" our countries that they believe they can control us.
I don't get it either, WTF is wrong with the media? I give up, they are trying to ruin the western world. Maybe it's the chinese behind it lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Australian taxpayer money well spent right there.

"Be sensitive" to wife beating pricks.

Nah, I don't think I will. In any country I happen to be in.

Pretty sure everyone is going to ignore this recommendation since it flies in the face of common human decency.

If the "refugees" don't like it they can go back to where they came from. 99% chance it wasn't a war zone.
edit on -050001am6kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Good god, can I jump off this planet now?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
This is just another example of the inherent dichotomies of Cultural Marxism. DV cannot be tolerated, yet that very tolerance brings with it the need to acknowledge DV as part of the imperative of accepting diversity and vibrancy.

CM attempts to show civilised society can tolerate anything and everything, and that is the architect of it's failure.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I wonder when tolerance and understanding will be required to be shown towards white Australians by migrants ?

"If minorities prefer Sharia law, then let we advise them to go to those places where that’s the state law. Russia does not need minorities. Minorities need Russia and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell ’Discrimination.” - Valimar Putin.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarkOfTheV

But... she was askin' for it?

$h1t is really getting ridiculous.

"Its really getting ridiculous." - no, not at all when one understands the agenda is to push as many non whites into white countries and as many non christian into christian countries as possible.

Why are they doing this? To cause as much chaos and conflict as possible and reduce those countries to rubble.

From the perspective of those who set the global agenda, the objective is to destroy national identity, national pride and the economy in as western many countries as possible. Why western countries?

Its because that's where modern technology and high living standards are.

This will inevitably reduce the population through the violence that will inevitably ensue, perhaps only to a minor extent but important nevertheless. It will also lead to all countries falling back into the 1800's because they will be run by the religious elite from the middle east who put little emphasis on technological development.

Those who set the global agenda, want things to return to those times because there will be a reduced population and an economy which features an extremely small, extremely wealthy and extremely powerful ruling class, no need for a middle class because all technology will be robot based, and the masses of peasants who consume very little resources, don't live very long and are very obedient.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

And sadly this is just the tip of the iceberg in Oz. Just last month an arab immigrant was groping underage girls at a beach.

The judges ruling? He can't be blamed for his actions because of his culture, so he walked.

Kind of sets an interesting precedent. Essentially they admitted that they know what they're bringing in. By rights the government can no longer deny the inherent and apparently supported rape culture that they are importing by the thousands.

Can't have it both ways. Either they admit it's their culture and therefore not allowed to import them OR if that's not their culture then they should be rotting in prison like a local would be for the same crime.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
More bending over backwards for 6th century ideology because the do gooders, bless there little hearts, are afraid to approach this head on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join