It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIOT WATCH Minneapolis BREAKING Officer Yanez NOT GUILTY in shooting of Philando Castile

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well you deserve one because I accused you of lying and that's out of order given the fact that you were 100% right.

& I agree with your assessment... cases like this are a real sh*tshow.

I'm sticking to my bodycams theory, it would clear these cases up within hours.
Not a year later in a still unclear fashion.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: FraggleRock
a reply to: UKTruth

Do you know which instructions were not followed? He was instructed to get his license and he was instructed to not reach for his firearm. So if he was reaching for his wallet so he could comply with the instruction to get his license which instruction was violated?

He was told not to reach for anything after telling the officer he had a weapon, right?
Why did he tell the officer he had a gun and then reach into the glove box? Pretty stupid.

You sure seem to have a lot of information that nobody else does.

Please give us a detailed explanation on how it really went down.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

a reply to: UKTruth

Do you know which instructions were not followed? He was instructed to get his license and he was instructed to not reach for his firearm. So if he was reaching for his wallet so he could comply with the instruction to get his license which instruction was violated?

Watch any video of a black guy being given instructions and you will see the clarity of it.

You're trolling right? What does this even have to do with anything? OK just to refute your point.

Levar Jones was walking into a convenience store in September 2014 when Groubert got out of his patrol car and demanded Jones' driver's license.

Jones turned back to reach into his car and Groubert fired four shots. Jones' wallet is seen flying out of his hands

source: www.cbsnews.com...

Now if it wasn't for the the video evidence, of a black man following instructions, this cop would have got away with this plain and simple.

This is why I cringe at the thought of bringing children into this world.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
He was told not to reach for anything after telling the officer he had a weapon, right?
Why did he tell the officer he had a gun and then reach into the glove box? Pretty stupid.

No, not that I'm aware of. Pretty sure the officer specifically instructed him not to reach for or pull out his firearm. Though you can read the official complaint yourself if you feel otherwise.
OFFICIAL COMPLAINT

9:05:52 P.M.-9:05;55 P.M, - Castile calmly informed Yanez: "Sir, I have to tell you that I do have a firearm on me," Before Castile completed the sentence, Yanez interrupted and calmly replied Okay and placed his right hand on the holster of his own holstered gun,
9:05:55 P,M.-9:06:02 PM " Yanez. said "Okay, don't reach for it, then." Castile responded: "I m...I'm... [inaudible] reaching..." before being again interrupted by Yanez, who said "Don't pull it out." Castile responded "I'm not pullng it out", and Reynolds also said "He's not pulling it out," Yanez screamed "Don't pull it out" and quickly pulled his own gun with his right hand while he reached inside the driver's side window with his left hand. Yanez removed his left arm from the car, then fired seven shots in the direction of Castile in rapid succession. The seventh shot was fired at 9:06:02 P.M. During the incident, Kauser did not touch or remove his gun,

Seems to be very specific to the firearm.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

a reply to: Hazardous1408

Not true. There was dashcam footage that was not released to the public but used in the trial.

Dashcam footage from officer Jeronimo Yanez’s fatal encounter with Philando Castile was played publicly for the first time Monday, showing him fire seven shots about a minute into the traffic stop.

SOURCE

Fair play, my apologies to Burdman.

Did it "clear up this mess" as was claimed?
Or was it unclear?

Seemed to have cleared it up to 12 out of 12 people on the jury. That's the only way he gets acquitted. Time after time these "murderer" cops are able to find 12 gullible people they can convince they're above the law? Or maybe those 12 people had the entire situation more thoroughly explained to them than any of us will and acted accordingly. Not one person on that jury thought he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

originally posted by: Starbuck799
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Why has the officer been fired if he followed correct procedure? If he did nothing wrong, why is he out of a job now?

Probably the same reason he was even charged: politics and appeasing the mob.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
This is just a messed up case.

Mr. Castille was a suspect in an armed robbery. He wasn't necessarily the robber, but he "fit the description" and that was one of the reasons they were pulled over. The officer was already jumpy as a result.

Mr. Castille then allegedly told the officer he was armed and the officer told him not to reach for the weapon. Unfortunately, Mr. Castille did... we know him and Lavish Diamond like to smoke weed from her social media posts, so maybe they were high and didn't understand the officer's commands.

Regardless, this seems to fall under the not following instructions tragedy that is so common with these types of cases.

My issue is that the black community activists use these cases to bolster an argument for institutional racism and all we wind up doing is discrediting ourselves. Instead of waiting to see the actual facts of a case, we immediately jump to conclusions and hold up these questionable examples only to have them shot down. It helps no one.

Thank you for saying this. Most of the "heroes" of this movement are very poor examples. It doesn't help, if anything it hurts their cause. Same with scum who falsely accuse of rape. All it does is hurt actual rape victims who struggle to be believed at times.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Why has the officer been fired if he followed correct procedure? If he did nothing wrong, why is he out of a job now?

originally posted by: face23785

That's #ed up man!
edit on 16-6-2017 by Starbuck799 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What's interesting so far is that CNN, the number one ambulance chaser that would normally be all over this case to inflame the nation, so far I haven't even seen them report this!

I think we can figure out whay

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

That's #ed up man!

Yes it is. The Founders tried to design our country so that it wouldn't give in to mob rule. The media has undone a lot of that. They try you on the nightly news with cherry picked bits and pieces and most people never learn the real truth. There's still idiots who think Michael Brown had his hands up and was executed.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

You keep posting the complaint. That is not proven factual in the realm of evidence.

Those are allegations.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

That's #ed up man!

That's #ed up man!

Yes it is. The Founders tried to design our country so that it wouldn't give in to mob rule. The media has undone a lot of that. They try you on the nightly news with cherry picked bits and pieces and most people never learn the real truth. There's still idiots who think Michael Brown had his hands up and was executed.

I know all about that Michael Brown Angel. He was in a good boys gang, wasn't he? He tried to help people right?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
This is just a messed up case.

Mr. Castille was a suspect in an armed robbery. He wasn't necessarily the robber, but he "fit the description" and that was one of the reasons they were pulled over. The officer was already jumpy as a result.

Mr. Castille then allegedly told the officer he was armed and the officer told him not to reach for the weapon. Unfortunately, Mr. Castille did... we know him and Lavish Diamond like to smoke weed from her social media posts, so maybe they were high and didn't understand the officer's commands.

Regardless, this seems to fall under the not following instructions tragedy that is so common with these types of cases.

My issue is that the black community activists use these cases to bolster an argument for institutional racism and all we wind up doing is discrediting ourselves. Instead of waiting to see the actual facts of a case, we immediately jump to conclusions and hold up these questionable examples only to have them shot down. It helps no one.

Thank you for saying this. Most of the "heroes" of this movement are very poor examples. It doesn't help, if anything it hurts their cause. Same with scum who falsely accuse of rape. All it does is hurt actual rape victims who struggle to be believed at times.

What evils did Castille do?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

If you have a better source I'm willing to look. Though the quote in your first post says

the complaint states.

So it would seem wherever you pulled that quote from was also using the official complaint and you had no issue with it then.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

I didn't say he did any evils. That doesn't change the fact the cop was innocent of the charges he was brought up on, and Castille wasn't the victim of institutional racism.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

I do not as of yet. However, the complaint shouldn't be read as fact no promoted as such.

Shamefully, I did not link where I got that quote from. It's is a rarity and I do apologize. However I will say this. The complaint did not say drivers license so the source is bunk or they have a different complaint.

From my eyes, that is of the utmost importance. If he gave his license, he has no reason to return to his pocket. If he didn't hand over his license, then the officer aggressively acted.

Regardless, this whole thing is a cluster)#()# and until some solid evidence is released, it's mostly speculation.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

That's #ed up man!

Your country is so #ed up. Although I will say that my country, (Canada), isn't much better. So sad.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Even if he didn't hand over his license yet, he has no way of knowing the guy is reaching for his license, which is why he ordered him to stop. He could have been reaching for the gun. We'll never know, because the guy refused to comply with the order and forced the cop to defend himself.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'd also like to point out that focusing on the number of shots fired is pointless. 3 shots or 7 shots would've killed him. The decision to use deadly force is made before you fire the first shot. After that every shot you fire is based on that decision. Not to mention, it's a fairly common reaction when you perceive a threat to your own life to fire a bunch of times. This even happens in simulated scenarios.
Community leaders take police simulator

“I actually fired six times,” Quanell recalled. “I always questioned why officers fired so many shots in these situations. After going through the training, I think it’s very hard for an officer to know how many shots they fired when they are in the moment.”

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I don't pretend to know how it goes in Minnesota, but here, when the officer is notified that the subject is concealing, it's time to step out of the car. Never got to that point either.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

That's #ed up man!

Your country is so #ed up. Although I will say that my country, (Canada), isn't much better. So sad.

Yes but at least in Canada and Britain the police do not have to carry guns because no one there has any to start with. We need to take all the guns from the americans so we can be safe here in our own country. We've been thinking of moving to canda to get away from all this gun violence here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join