It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tower block on fire in London

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Safety experts have located a "potential breach" in the fire resistant materials used in Lakanal House in Camberwell, south London, that possibly allowed the fire to spread in the space between the floors and ceilings, according to a letter sent by the Department for Communities and Local Government.

The department has asked all housing authorities to examine their stock for potential flaws, a request that could exacerbate the housing crisis in inner city areas. More than 800,000 people live in tower blocks across Britain. There are approximately 2,700 blocks in Greater London alone and an estimated 6,500 in the UK.

Link
edit on 14-6-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

(post by Antipathy17 removed for a manners violation)
XL5

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
D8Tee, yeah, but it has to mix with air first. If it mixes enough to be explosive, the entire room fills with the mixture and the room explodes, not the fridge.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Here's a live blog updated every few minutes.
www.theguardian.com...

Sounds like a lot of residents got out. Hopefully most, if not all did escape. You get faster "official word" from terrorist attacks than we're getting from this major fire.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

How is that relevant? Fire doesn't judge the color of skin.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

I agree.

You tell that to the earlier posters.

ETA: Wow. It seems both you and those starring you are insinuating I am racist despite me pointing out diversity of occupants in the face of one sided "facts"

I can't even.
edit on 14-6-2017 by auroraaus because: add

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: XL5
One way a fridge could explode, is if they were trying to make an unstable explosive that you have to leave in the fridge. If it is just propane, it shoots flames but does not explode. Unless the fumes get trapped inside and the interior light of the fridge some how triggers the propane.

That would be some form of karma if miscreants were making / preparing bombs for terrorist attacks.

I guess there'll be little evidence left one way or the other though.

Thoughts go out to innocent people caught up in this

MR

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I hope the lost of life was not too great, it is a sad day indeed.

We will have to wait until the final investigating is completed, before we start "assuming" and comparing buildings.

It seems England is going through a lot of attacks, let's just hope this is not related to any kind of terrorism.

edit on 14-6-2017 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Marlborough Red
Isobutane explodes just fine, we used it in our potato cannons all the time.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I'm calling it a night, but I have one question that hopefully someone can answer...

I am understanding the fire started on the 26th floor and quickly spread to the second, totally engulfing the building in approximately 5 hours? That's a pretty fast spread under any circumstances, but it apparently spread downward to boot. Fire usually spreads upward quicker than downward, since heat typically rises. Was this building made of gasoline?

I'm not trying to be facetious; I would love an explanation.

Goodnight all, and my thoughts and prayers are with all involved. May they all be untouched physically.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Is this a gov't owned commission flat? If so I hope it was maintained properly

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Other reports are saying it started on the 4th floor.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I'm calling it a night, but I have one question that hopefully someone can answer...

I am understanding the fire started on the 26th floor and quickly spread to the second, totally engulfing the building in approximately 5 hours? That's a pretty fast spread under any circumstances, but it apparently spread downward to boot. Fire usually spreads upward quicker than downward, since heat typically rises. Was this building made of gasoline?

I'm not trying to be facetious; I would love an explanation.

Goodnight all, and my thoughts and prayers are with all involved. May they all be untouched physically.

TheRedneck

They have said numerous times on Sky News that the fire started on the 4th floor.
Then it spread upward very fast.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marlborough Red

originally posted by: XL5
One way a fridge could explode, is if they were trying to make an unstable explosive that you have to leave in the fridge. If it is just propane, it shoots flames but does not explode. Unless the fumes get trapped inside and the interior light of the fridge some how triggers the propane.

That would be some form of karma if miscreants were making / preparing bombs for terrorist attacks.

I guess there'll be little evidence left one way or the other though.

Thoughts go out to innocent people caught up in this

MR

Your post reminded me of this February incident in the USA where a domestic terrorist's bomb went off while he was making it. $1 million damage to his apartment complex from the ensuing fire.
thecabin.net...

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Here's live video:

www.youtube.com...

It looks like the fire is almost out at this point. (By comparison with the blazing torch it was at one point.)

As of a couple of minutes ago it looked like this.

edit on 14-6-2017 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Enoough with the virtue signalling already.

I don't know why you are allowed to continually derail the thread with your sjw agenda but please stop.

edit on 14-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Fatalities have just been confirmed but as yet the authorities are unsure of the numbers.
It has also been reported that "several" hundred people would normally be in the building at the time.

Nick Paget-Brown, the leader of Kensington and Chelsea council, has spoken on Sky News UK, saying he was working to establish how many people were in the tower block at the time of the fire. “Several hundred would have been in there. It’s a question of establishing how many were in there at the time of the fire,” he said.

edit on 3America/Chicago04Wed, 14 Jun 2017 02:04:09 -050014200000017 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Have you got something against Muslims? So what if they're all Muslims or from diverse backgrounds? They're ALL PEOPLE ffs.

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Used to live close to it. Its a dole estate.
Full of single mothers and professional breeders.

Expecting lot of deaths.

Didn't this happen in an Eastern European country 15 years ago? A building full of disabled and invalids burnt down and there was a conspiracy theory that it was the gov't involved..... wracking my brain now

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join