It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any UK members have personal experiences with Muslim no go zones?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: starwarsisreal

They don't exist, they are a myth created by the right wing propaganda machine.

There are some areas that are "no go zones' but that is due to gangs and there are very few of them.

Ther is also no massive call for the implementation of sharia law in the UK.

I can guarantee you however that there will be at least one UK member who will show up shortly to feed the hate train with some made up rubbish about Muslim gangs chasing the white folk with pitch forks then link to some EDL sources

It would appear to outsiders, an American here, that you have a serious problem with radical islamists and their hate preachers. It wasn't a member of the EDL or Britain First that killed those kids in Manchester. While I doubt the veracity of "no go" zones, I have seen footage from east London where Islamic men are harassing whites for things like drinking and smoking in their neighborhood.

Living in the uk I am more worried about groups like the EDL than I am about idiots blowing themselves up.

I think the media focuses on it because we all need something to hate, they always focus on the negatives never the positives. In the uk we don't have a problem with the Muslim community.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Probably the safest Place I ever lived in Glasgow was about 75% Muslim.

The only no go areas were certain pubs during an old firm game.

Totally with you mate,

I am a Glasgow bhoy myself and I would cross the road if I saw a large group of neds, but if I saw a group of dudes heading to the local mosque, would never give it any thought.
edit on 31-5-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You make a good point, we all forget sometime's that for all the differences they are just like ourselves in most way's, the same emotions, feeling's and only our belief's really separate us, several decades ago there were NO Irish signs on business in many part's of England which were soon accompanied by No Paki sign's etc so intolerance, racism and refusal to integrate can actually go both way's and in history actually has done so.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal
Can't you cover the dozens of no go zones in the urban war zones of USA??? When I visited Chicago in like 98 or 99 in middle school, I had a blast. When I got a phone number of a pretty girl at one of the indoor flea markets, they told me not to bother. Based on what she was wearing and the tattoos of the people she left with, my friends who grew up there explained to me there was no way I could go visit her due to the neighborhood she lived in.

Outsiders are spotted very quick and beaten and robbed very swiftly regardless of what colors I would have been wearing. There were other neighborhoods they told me where I absolutely had to mind the color of my attire, or be dealt with violently for disrespect.

Blew my whole world to have to accept there were places like that in the USA at such a young age.

There are no go zones/neighborhoods in Chicago, Philadelphia, Portland or maybe Oakland cant recall, some parts of LA, small blocks of Atlanta, and dozens of other smaller towns in the USA as well. Neighborhoods dominated by certain gangs have an iron grip, and outsiders looking for drugs can only approach specific intersections or store fronts. Try to go any further, and a trip to the hospital could ensue.

Most of these places are no larger than a handful of blocks, but have been under the control of violent gangs for several generations. Its a damn shame.

Not what you were looking for, but that has been my only experience with a no go zone as an American. So far the UK members experience is similar. The places like this are typically dominated by violent gangs, and have little to do with any associations to specific faiths other than the $$$ .

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yep agree with the others, there's no no-go muslim zones in the UK.

There are no-go areas thanks to mostly white street gangs though. Parts of Glasgow for example, you would not walk around in.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
Just pointing out I live in an area with a large muslim population, my kids school is mainly made up of muslim families. Its a nice school and a nice area I would say most of us are working poor. I dont think its the religion, its the mentality that makes an area no go. There are rough parts of any town.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Anyone else find it really funny that the OP started this racist thread (let's call it what it is) and yet nobody has so far came out with anything about a real no go zone.

What is he going to put in this new thread

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson
Also a very good and pertinent opinion.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

There have been issues with all the migration from Europe where areas got taken over by polish and similar incidents occurred, but that was because the government kept housing large groups into small areas, which then turned into mini versions of their home countries.
A lot of locals who had lived there over the years left those areas as a result.
It's a lot better now because families moved out and the integration is better.

There have been a few honour killings over the years and that is an issue for predominantly Pakistani families but those are isolated incidents. You could probably find just as much killings by Triads, Yardies etc..

The point is, we don't live in a perfect world and all cultures have their dark sides, at the moment the Muslim idiots are getting their 10 minutes of fame.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
With Operation Temperer in effect, there are now military troops patrolling key sights in the UK. The entire UK is a no go zone.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I can guarantee you however that there will be at least one UK member who will show up shortly to feed the hate train with some made up rubbish about Muslim gangs chasing the white folk with pitch forks then link to some EDL sources

A great example of poisoning the well, which is a fine propaganda technique.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok
You rally against people you feel are reluctant to give up the lie about no go zones, but you feed the lie that America is full of poor Black people.

While it is true that Black people have an increased risk of being poor in America, that does not translate into "the US is full of poor Black people". Nor does it mean that the majority of Black people in America live in ghettos, wear their pants around their ankles, are members of BLM, and speak in Ebonics.

Yet this is the lie that is continually perpetuated. Just like the lie of no go zones.

You want to stop one lie? It is easier if you don't have to pick sides and just stop all the lies.

The basic numbers don’t change when we look at people living in extreme poverty, in households making less than 50 percent of the meager poverty line. Of the 20 million people who live at this alarming level of want and deprivation, about 42 percent are white, 27 percent black. These data have political implications that racial stereotyping usually shroud from public view. Many white people who don’t live anywhere near poverty, even many who consider themselves liberal, think blacks compose most of the poor. Large numbers of these white Americans feel no emotional connection to the problems poor people face. They perceive poverty as a problem of some other community, not their own. If those white Americans who felt this way actually had to confront the demographic reality of poverty, if they came to understand that white people make up the single largest group of the poor, how white America thinks about poverty and policy might start changing. Well-meaning white Americans have for decades been aware that black people face the risk of poverty than whites. But “poverty,” we all need to understand, is more and different than “race.”

Poverty More than a Matter of Black and White

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
With Operation Temperer in effect, there are now military troops patrolling key sights in the UK. The entire UK is a no go zone.

Didn't anyone tell you that's all stopped was only in place for a few days the threat level has been lowered again.??

Even when it was in effect it had almost no impact on day to day life. Actually the biggest disruption was the computer failure at British airways

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Funny how I travelled to work today without incident.

Must be a very easy going no go zone.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Didn't anyone tell you that's all stopped was only in place for a few days the threat level has been lowered again.

Even when it was in effect it had almost no impact on day to day life. Actually the biggest disruption was the computer failure at British airways

I did not know that. I guess it's back to business as usual.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Honestly the only difference I noticed was armed cops at every train station

Yet Americans on ATS seem to think it was some kind of martial law with us on full lockdown and subject to curfews and check points into and out of every streeet

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Anyone else find it really funny that the OP started this racist thread (let's call it what it is) and yet nobody has so far came out with anything about a real no go zone.

What is he going to put in this new thread

Lots of information about all the no-go zones the MSM won't tell us about...

and the ones that even residents of the UK deny exist!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
To reiterate- they don't exist

I live a few miles from Bradford which has a large Asian community, there are no 'no go' areas there.

I live closer to Leeds which as a major city is pretty diverse, with some areas synonymous with different cultures, there are no no-go areas, as others have stated I'd probably be at more risk in some of the predominantly white estates

I used to worked extensively in Southall in London doing business down there, the trips were without fail were fantastic because the people were great, my wife when accompanying me once was moved to tears by their hospitality.
edit on -050031WednesdayAmerica/Chicago17 by Otley because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I haven't been onto Manchester centre recently, did they have troops or was it London only?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Not sure, Daughter was in Leeds at the weekend and commented on the amount of armed police she saw

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join