It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

49 shot in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend — and that's a sign of progress

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach
a reply to: xuenchen

I feel bad for the Black community that it's youth has been dragged down into this.

Sure you make your own decisions in life but imagine being born into that form of existence where murder or be murdered is the norm.

Agreed.

The people that are born in these communities and bust their behinds to succeed against all odds deserve to be regonized for their greatness in my opinion.

Had I been born in this situation, I would have probably played the same game.

I think the best way to begin to solve the situation is to be honest about it. Too often discussing these problems is met with chants of racism, and everything is blamed but the shooters themselves.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Well i doubt that but killing another person with a blade is rather less desirable that doing so by simply pulling a trigger.

I'm no hippy buddy so please calm down with the Kumbayah remarks.

Fact is its simple to pull a trigger and rather different that stabbing someone up close and personal.

Look at it this way its pretty hard to do a drive by stabbing, shooting not so much.
edit on 30-5-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well i doubt that but killing another person with a blade is rather less desirable that doing so by simply pulling a trigger.

I'm no hippy buddy so please calm down with the Kumbayah remarks.

Fact is its simple to pull a trigger and rather different that stabbing someone up close and personal.

Look at it this way its pretty hard to do a drive by stabbing, shooting not so much.

Again, Chicago has some of the heaviest restrictions on the second amendment in the country. It's obviously not working. It's not solving the problem. Just like our drug laws are not solving the problem created by the production and consumption of drugs.

But that's OK. Just keep doing the same thing that doesn't work - and maybe doing it bigger and harder - and eventually it's bound to take. Right?
edit on 2017 5 30 by incoserv because: I could

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Duplicate post....
edit on 2017 5 30 by incoserv because: duplicate post

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

There are a few assumptions in this calculation.

Again, there are a few assumptions here:

Very credible source there xue. All facts are based on assumptions, we know this is true.

edit on 5/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Wrong change is inevitable.

But you ether role with the times or get consigned to oblivion.

Fact is something has to be done about these killings.

And they are not stabbing each other with the sharp end of a pointy Dorito.

That's real live firearms in the hands of your youngsters and children that they are killing one another with on a daily basis.

Taking away there firearms seems to present a possible solution or at least a partial fix, arguably it would at least drop the number of killings.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Democrats are to blame! They're forcing these people to buy guns and then shoot each other with them and I'm pretty sure they twist their arms until they pull the trigger.

Obama is there watching every shooting too, laughing maniacally through the slightly cracked tinted windows of his limousine.

This is the only viable option for what is happening in Chicago.

Democrat policies are in fact to blame. Glad to see you are finally coming around.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

There are about 35,000 people killed or injured by gun violence per year in the US. That's about 100 per day. There are 330 million people in this country. Shiite is going to happen.

Chicago is unique.

In more ways that you could ever imagine !

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I know, that's why all shootings happen in Chicago, every single one. The red states have zero crime and never have shootings, like ever. If you hear about a shooting it's in Chicago every single time, we know this is a fact.

Murders outside of Chicago are statistically insignificant. Illinois had 744 murders in 2016. 717 were in Chicago. Practically all of the 717 murders in Chicago are on the south and west sides of the City. Both predominately black neighborhoods.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
It would be much safer for the innocent citizens to just abandon Chicago and leave the criminals to their own devices. When they keep killing each other at least nothing of value would be lost. Just move back in when they are done. Problem solved.

A la Escape From New York.

Exactly plus they could livestream the whole city getting torn apart and use the money to rebuild it from scratch without gangs and drug labs. We bomb terrorists so why not just go in and kill all the gang members. Give them one chance to surrender peacefully or they get a bullet to the head. Seriously the soft approach is clearly not working. Is there any logical reason why known gang hideouts are not immediately burned to the ground?

There's an economic reason for your answer. America is now built upon a false economy of thugs (govt. employees) that decide what is best to ruin America. Take for example: housing, now they build low income (govt helpedYo housing) next to 500000 dollar homes. You have to be insane to follow such instructions to be a contractor to destroy such a neighborhood, but as long as the contractor is an out of town, political idiot that receives incentives to such destruction, it will become the norm, even in Pacific Palisades, Calif. where I've lived and seen the public school just root like rotten apples. American politicians for the most part are mentally ill. And that my friend or so be it my friend is a fact.
Here where I live (Japan) the govt. still deal economic ties with North Korea even though they have chemical weapons pointed at all major cities here in japan and okinawa and lets include south korea too. Yet japan and america still lets their people visit the the north. It's crazy, simply put, CRAZY.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Wrong change is inevitable.

But you ether role with the times or get consigned to oblivion.

Fact is something has to be done about these killings.

And they are not stabbing each other with the sharp end of a pointy Dorito.

That's real live firearms in the hands of your youngsters and children that they are killing one another with on a daily basis.

Taking away there firearms seems to present a possible solution or at least a partial fix, arguably it would at least drop the number of killings.

This is the same logic that has driven the "war on drugs" for the last generation.

And it has been a dismal failure.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Take a look at this.

For those who don't want to click, it shows that whites have committed 3 times as many mass murders as black people since 1982.

Does that statistic mean anything at all to you?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

But people demand drugs for pleasure in many a nation where firearms are illegal yet don't go around killing one another in numbers applicable to Chicago.

You simply cannot win the war on drugs whilst many an alphabet agency are up to there neck regarding supply and even distribution.

Can't win the war on drugs period.

But you can attempt to curtail these type of killings by way of making firearms illegal on your streets.

What's your solution to the problem if I may ask?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Democrats are to blame! They're forcing these people to buy guns and then shoot each other with them and I'm pretty sure they twist their arms until they pull the trigger.

Obama is there watching every shooting too, laughing maniacally through the slightly cracked tinted windows of his limousine.

Well actually, every single shooting in Chicago happens in a Democrat voting precinct.

Well there you go! That damn Hillary again! The woman is omnipotent! ( It's almost supernatural. )

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Take at look at this one too.

It says that 57% of rapes are committed by whites. Does this statistic mean anything at all to you either?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Does that statistic mean anything at all to you?

No

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

And a darn good shot, or so it would seem. LoL

Shame about the rest of her.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Does this statistic mean anything at all to you either?

No

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

originally posted by: xuenchen

Well actually, every single shooting in Chicago happens in a Democrat voting precinct.

Well there you go! That damn Hillary again! The woman is omnipotent! ( It's almost supernatural. )

Hillary is from a Suburb, but it's real close to the City limits.

Obama has a house in the City.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

So you pick and choose which statistics you want to care about. At least you admit your bias, not sure that's a good thing though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join