It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kent State, the day the music died.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
When saying that their is a great divide between the Red and Blue. When it gets to a point where you can get shot, suddenly a peace movement disappears, it might be salient to observe that we have been there before. Lied to before, if anyone looks like they will actually gain traction against the Government line, a few will be shot. Democracy died a long time ago. They will bring in the draft if they need to, but what happens now when 71% of the millennium population is actually now physically unfit to serve. .
Either they cant read, low IQ , are to unfit, or have Diabetes.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
but what happens now when 71% of the millennium population is actually now physically unfit to serve. Either they cant read, low IQ , are to unfit, or have Diabetes.

They go to the front lines ... and figure things out real quick.

That, or they die. Either way ... no great loss. The common denominator is increased. I'm good with that.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
They've lied before. They will lie again:

On the night of Aug. 4, the Pentagon proclaimed that a second attack by North Vietnamese PT boats had occurred earlier that day in the Tonkin Gulf — a report cited by President Johnson as he went on national TV that evening to announce a momentous escalation in the war: air strikes against North Vietnam.

But Johnson ordered U.S. bombers to “retaliate” for a North Vietnamese torpedo attack that never happened.

How many people died because of this Pentagon lie?

edit on 30-4-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Kent State was the one event where the Second Amendment should have enabled all citizens to go out and find those soldiers and put them up against a wall and shot them.

But ... the Government had done a good job. They just labelled them all as hippies and that allowed for what was a massacre.

The people did nothing.

The First Amendment did nothing for the dead.

The Second Amendment also did nothing for the dead.

And dead there were, lots of them.

'We The People' did nothing! This was the day America truly died.

P

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The government needs a good shake up. They were always after the reds, anyone who was slightly left was a Commie.It hasn't changed today.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

but what happens now when 71% of the millennium population is actually now physically unfit to serve. Either they cant read, low IQ , are to unfit, or have Diabetes.

That, or they die. Either way ... no great loss. The common denominator is increased. I'm good with that.

You think 71% is no great loss. I hope that's sarcasm, cuz the millennial generation has already been thrown under the debt bus on behalf of the baby boomers. If we go to war, who supports the older generations?

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Or they learn from such great patriots invited to the White House like Ted Nugent. And just poop your pants enough until they won't take you...but then buy tons of guns and shoot them and say how 'merica you are for decades...

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Good point what happens to the debt reypayent.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It was a pretty big deal but not what people think.

Lefty SDS, like Antifa. Commie Fascists. Some of obama's buddies.

Doomed to repeat the past since I bet none of that has been truthfully taught in school for 30 yrs.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Good point what happens to the debt reypayent.

It will likely be repaid in blood with another war. If so, I can only hope that it will buy a fresh start for the surviving millennials, and their children....but that fresh start will not likely serve the older generations.

posted on Apr, 30 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

and

edit on 30-4-2017 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
There are assertions that govt infiltrators fired from the protester areas, provoking the over reaction of the nat guard.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
. . . this has all happened before . . .

. . . it will all happen again . . .

. . . end transmission . . .

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Ammericans kill Americans

Please begin to understand not everyone has the same view

Put your guns down and just bloody talk to each other

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

edit on 5/1/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/1/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I was at Kent State. I was protesting down from Ann Arbor Mi. The Guard shot and killed 4 and others...dead...and I watched them fall.

MS

edit on 1-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I agree BB, its a little different when you look at it from a firsthand perspective.
I remember going around and around with my Dad over a lot of things back then and he was old when he was drafted into WW2.

Buck

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I was at Kent State. I was protesting down from Ann Arbor Mi. The Guard shot and killed 4 and others...dead...and I watched them fall.

MS

My parents had friends at Kent State at the time. When I grew up they made me promise to never go to a protest.

OP: s&f
And someone has to mention the song 4 Dead in Ohio, might as well be me

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
1) The governor ordered the National Guard in ( no , not regular Army as that is against the Constitution)to clear the area where the school could be reopened
2) Guard Unit was armed with non-lethal ammunition ( a requisition officer has to provide the ammo , they dont get it for themselves)
3) According to history , evidently rocks were thrown , etc,
4) Guard Unit was ordered to fire what they thought was non-lethal ammo
5) When they realized (just moments later) that some were firing regular rounds , they stopped and aided the protestors. Evidently the police officers didnt

Will we ever know what happened ?
My guess , no

And the " Day the Music Died " does not mention Kent State. The only reference to a school is "the marching band refused to yield" which was the Stanford Marching Band that staged a halftime sit-down protest of the Vietnam War.

posted on May, 1 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I was in the marches in Britain, and the police were getting more and more brutal, they had Vespas and would skim the crowd line to maintain order. When one of the marches ended up at the American embassy, the CIA guys were filming the protesters, so they had mug shots for their files. Thank god the police didn't have guns then , they have now.

<<   2 >>

join