It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If disclosure happened tomorrow...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
If disclosure happened tomorrow I'd probably make myself a t-shirt that said "TOLD YA" and just walk around town beaming with a smug grin on my face. Maybe a few middle fingers and laughing at folks who've really given me guff over the years.

Nobody knows, nobody will care. All the "I told you so's" will be drown out by the experts claiming credit for predicting it all along. You'll just end up on the other end of the kook spectrum. The kooks that were right, but still annoying.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Fair enough....but I'm already on the Kook Spectrum so it's really just another day in the life.

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

Hahaha, well I'm with ya my friend. 100% Kook right here!

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

We're as ready as we're gonna get.

You may think so but in the big picture - large spans of time of a billion or more years; or even millions of years, we just left the animal realm. What sort of development can occur in a million years if a civilization were intelligent and civil (not us btw). How would they view humans from that point in development?

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I don't understand why anyone would believe "religions would crumble" is it came to light that ET's were real. Why would religions crumble? On what basis? Does the Bible or the Koran or any other religious book state that we humans are the only beings God created? Those books don't say that. Does the Vatican maintain we're the only creatures of God? No, the Vatican says quite the opposite, in fact, and has publicly acknowledged that the Cosmos may be full of life. Will some fundamentalist sects be upset? Sure, of course, but meh? They're nutcases anyway. If Disclosure happened ,they would still be nutcases.

Now, the fact is that we are a space faring species. We've sent probes to all the planets and beyond. We've landed on the Moon and have a presence on Mars, both ground-based and orbital. It's obvious were within a few years of sending humans to Mars. We've grown up with Rocky Jones, Space Ranger and Star Trek. If Jean Luc Picard pared the Enterprise in standard orbit and broadcast, Hey, guys, if you behave yourselves you can join the United Federation of Planets, would anyone REALLY be that surprised? I don't think so. It fits right in with our worldview.

So EITHER: (a) The government doesn't have much to Disclose and the whole idea is promoted by wishful thinking of people who see "aliens from space" in every light in the sky they can't immediately identify. or (b) The government DOES know something, and it is REALLY BAD! In other words, aliens are NOT from space at all and that world view is nonsense. They are from another dimension and treat us as farm animals at best and behave in what may as well be called a demonic manner (no religion required: Bad guys are still bad guys) and that we are totally screwed but don't know it. If that's what Disclosure would reveal, no wonder the government doesn't want to Disclose.

Well, most religious people believe that God created life only in this planet, since the bible says nothing about life in different planets.

So, yes, religion would crumble and people would lose "faith" because they're too attached to the current bible translation and the idea that we're unique and special.

Which we are not, btw.

posted on Apr, 26 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The effects of disclosure depend on what would be disclosed. If aliens would say that they created us and all religions and we are living in prison because we are too primitive to be free I can imagine widespread denial, fear and anger manifesting itself in worldwide riots and even some armed conflicts against countries countries that support/don't support that disclosure and new order of things. Of course it all also depends on how you gonna sell new like that. If you will educate people slowly you gonna see less panic and violence.
If disclosure would contain less dramatic stuff there is still possibility that religious nuts would deny it and gather more deniers around. The root cause of anger is often fear. And many people tend to be scared of anything that is different.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I also went to Catholic school and I had a great experience. Not only do parochial schools typically cover evolution they also typically offer; no require, students to take a religion course that is thorough and touches almost every major religion enough that by time one leaves HS they should have a pretty good idea of what God means to them. The church(Roman Catholic) has also recently decided to allow Catholics to believe in extraterrestrial life without jeopardizing their relationship with the church. Heck if they knew what I thought about Jesus and God they wouldn't necessarily like it but honestly it's my business not theirs and no ones ever asked me or had me take a survey to receive communion.

Anyway, I really think it would be ignorant for anyone that follows Judeo-Christianity to think that God's creativity(the trait that truly separates humanity from the rest of the animal kingdom) would be limited to one planet. It would seem to me that the loving God I've come to know wouldn't want to stop with one planet, in one solar system, around one little star in the middle of no-where. To me the only alien culture I would truly fear the most would be one that had evolved past acknowledgment of a higher power to hold themselves accountable to. I don't know if the Earth is lucky or blessed to have been gifted with such a capricious amount of life but I do know we are all fortunate to be here.

I also think that anyone who says that information should be withheld from the masses because they aren't intelligent or strong enough to handle the information is the devious one in the room. Information is liberation, an educated mind is a free mind. The only thing that would happen on Earth by us all knowing is we would step forward bravely into the new beyond as we always have. The only people who don't want the truth out are the ones who have control and have everything to lose with the liberation of the human mind. It's been that way since the very beginning.

posted on Apr, 27 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I think it will be the most significant moment in humanities history.
But the question is where do we go from there? No one can truly know what that will be like.
I guess we will just have to take each day one step at a time ensuring the safety and continuation of our species at whole.

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
For the US government to not want to disclose for fear that we couldn't handle it is one thing. But there's not one country out there that either disagrees or just doesnt give a crap about that? Is the US out here controlling what other countries disclose? We're certainly not the only ones that know the truth.
edit on 28-4-2017 by jordan77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
If they out of the blue decided to disclose, I'd be skeptical. Like, why all the sudden after all these years and secrecy are you telling us? Is something about to go down? Is the movie Independence Day about to happen?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join